Old March 26, 2004, 02:20   #31
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 13:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I noticed a lot of AI use of Feudalism too in my game.
Old March 26, 2004, 03:31   #32
Risa
Apolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 03:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
The same in mine, too.
I'm not surprised, since Feudalism is the best ancient government with regard to corruption in AU mod.

Last edited by Risa; March 26, 2004 at 04:41.
Old March 26, 2004, 10:18   #33
Madine
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
Warlord

The main reason I haven't switched yet is pop rushing.
Old March 27, 2004, 15:15   #34
Madine
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
Warlord

Well, despite my successful war against the Germans, the Iroquois were too much for me. I was able to put up a decent fight, but there were just too many of them.

I restarted, and now I have built my first gallic swordsman in the new game. It's 610 AD. There is not as much warfare this game.

Despite not getting a free settler, my early expansion was much better this time. I have gunpowder, chivalry, and theology. I am waiting for sun tzu's to finish, then I will probably start fighting.
Old March 28, 2004, 05:26   #35
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 21:28
My 12-city monarchy was prospering and had started to pump out Gallic Swordsmen. Hiawatha had been making some tough demands lately, and he had gotten what he asked for. Now he came and asked for tribute again, so I removed him from my continent.

The Germans joined Hiawatha's side, so I removed them too (with some help from Sumeria.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	celtic01.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	68316  
Old March 28, 2004, 05:31   #36
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 21:28
Conquering Iroq had some positive side effects.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	celtic02.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	68317  
Old March 28, 2004, 11:44   #37
jshelr
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 15:28
Good job chem! The Iroquois were also kind enough to build Sistine Chapel in my game.

On your easiness comment: It's always easy after you've done it. The trick on this map was for the granary crowd to play the early game safely, rather than their normal proclivity to take early chances on growth without defenses. So, when the Germans or Iroquois, or both, send in the archers, those who had started with units and barracks, and who had kept units reasonably close to home were prepared.

Other leaders have, perhaps, not been heard from in our threads as yet.
Old March 29, 2004, 09:07   #38
Andydog
Civilization IV PBEMIron Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 20:28
AU Mod - Monarch
Continued from DAR 1..

1790bc – 3rd city founded near the floodplains. One of my wandering warriors pops warrior code from a goodie hut.
1670bc – initiated a heap of trades and managed to gain tech parity with the 3 AIs.
1625bc – the Iroquoi’s demand 20 gold. I give it to them because I don’t want war..yet… they will suffer for it later!
1400bc – Sumeria demand writing. I give it to them.
750bc – SGL with the discovery of Philosophy! Choose Code of Laws as my freebie. Undertake a heap of tech trades with the AI to get money and more techs. Can’t decide whether to go for Republic or Monarchy. Decide Monarchy since I’ll be at war soon and it could take a while. Use the SGL for Temple of Artemis so that my captured cities won’t flip back – unless extremely unlucky – but even so I always build temples early on as I’ve lost too many cities to flips in Civ3 already.
290bc – Monarchy established – now ready for a GA, just need a few more swords. All 3 AIs are blissfully wandering about my territory, and are demanding bits and pieces like the bullies they are.
150bc – I demand that the Iroquois leave my territory or declare war. They declare war! Yippee! Send a stack of 11 GS to take out Niagara Falls. Take it and score 8 workers! Golden Age ensues. All cities with barracks are producing Gaelic Swordsmen. Split my force into two – once stack heads to the eastern cites, the other to the west.
10bc – now have 3 of their cities, and have just noticed they have swordsmen! Yike! Need to find their iron and cut that off asap. They’ve also just finished the Great Library in their capital, so I’ve set my science to zero hoping I’ll take it fairly soon.
30ad – MGL! I’ll make an army out of him asap.
110ad – sent my army of swords pillage their horses as I’m sick of their horseys injuring my troops.
190ad – I now have 5 of their cities and still no sign of their iron. Getting a bit worried as I’m sure they’re not far off pikes. My army has been taking heavy hits trying to kill their spears in their capital, I keep having to send it off to heal. Don’t seem to be having much luck with the old RNG.
210ad – bugger, they’ve just upgraded their spears in their capital to pikes!
250ad – finally find their iron. Pillage the buggery out of it.
260ad – MGL! Taking their iron city. I’ll keep this one for the FP. The bulk of my east and west stacks have now converged on their captial, the final assault is about to begin.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	screenshot 1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	68413  
Old March 29, 2004, 09:09   #39
Andydog
Emperor

Took it! Lost 3 swords with most redlined, army managed to retreat with 1 red left, and captured the Great Library!

290ad – they just attacked me with a med inf. I assume they upgraded a sword, as I cut off their iron. Perhaps they have 2 irons – can’t tell yet as there is no sign of the end of the continent.
310ad – but there it is, actually quite close. Took Grand River and scored the Lighthouse! Switch production of a few coast cities to galleys. Time to take a closer look at this world I feel. Finally can see the end of this war in sight, took a while, the Iroquios had heaps of swords and lots of horseys to deal with. Happy with the two MGL’s though.
370ad – Out of the blue, Sumeria declares war on me! I hold off their first wave of attacks in the north. Luckily kept some swords up there just in case. Finish off Iroquois finally. Send all other swords scampering up north.
380ad – trade incense, spices and 10 gold for ivory from Germany.
400ad – dam, just lost that supply of ivory because I had to pillage the Sumerian iron road. Decide in the end to build the FP in the bottom coast city – Grand River – need the production and my galleys have just started exploring SW islands around there – hopefully will be able to settle on those, the cities getting some benefit from the FP. I also want a high producing sea city in case I need a navy later on.
460ad – got monotheism, theology and feudalism from the GL, so now can produce pikes. I don’t think I’ll upgrade my GSs as their retreat ability has saved lots of lives. I’ve started to produce cats as it will be tough if Sumeria managed to upgrade some of their spears before I cut off their iron. I have heaps of dosh, so upgraded many of my spears to pikes. Started a pre-build for Leonardo’s in FP city.
610ad – Germany signed an alliance with Sumeria and declare war. Wasn’t wanting that as my forces are getting a bit stretched.
630ad – Completed Hero Epic in capital. Also noticed that Sumeria and Germany have started settling those SW islands.
700ad – the Germans are flooding their med infs in, but I’m managing to bombard them and take them out with my swords, retreating the injured swords back to heal. Loads of elites but no more MGLs. I’m moving a big stack toward Lauch.
710ad – spoke too soon! Another MGL!! I think I’ll upgrade a few veteran swords to med inf and make an army out of him.
720ad – made a med inf army but noticed it cost no gold to upgrade the swords. An easter egg perhaps? Oh my god! Another MGL! You beauty! Another med inf army thank you very much.
730ad – Germany offers peace. Decide to take it to wipe the Sumerians out. The Germans have Printing Press but aren’t interested in trading it for peace. Start to build the Pentagon.
740ad – took Summer and got the Statue of Zeus and the Colossus
810ad – another MGL! What to do with this one? I’d like to use him to shift the palace, but can’t really see a more suitable spot for it north. Will have to think about this one. I already have 3 Armies, which is more than enough to take care of Germany. I’ll save him for now.
820ad – took the Sumerian capital Ur and the Sistene Chapel. Get Education and a few other techs from the GL. Jack science back up, 14 turns to Astronomy.
880ad – now its time for the Germans. I’m thinking about using my saved MGL to rush the palace in Agade:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	screenshot 2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	68414  
Old March 29, 2004, 09:25   #40
Andydog
Emperor

This city will be a much bigger producer than my current capital, and the surrounding cities will get more benefit in terms of corruption. It will all depend on what’s under the black to the north before I decide. I’ll be able to get a few more cities in amongst the gaps the AI’s have left, so this north area could be a much better producer than my current core.

I just demanded that Germany remove its forces and they declared war. So far I haven’t declared war on anyone, so I guess my regard with the other AI’s will be pretty good when I finally get to meet them.

930AD – SGL!! Discovered Astronomy and bingo! What to use him on??? Might have to be the Observatory.
950AD – Decided to switch my FP city from producing the Workshop to the Observatory – the Observatory is only 2 turns off that way, and I think the AI’s on the other continent may be not far off getting Leonardo’s. I then rush build Leonardo’s with SGL in Capital. That way if I do move the capital my science benefit from Observatory won’t diminish.
960AD – Observatory and Workshop both completed. Troops advancing on Berlin – 8 cities left on this continent. Don’t know if I can be bothered to ship my troops over to take the SW islands. This land mass is pretty good as it is. Need to take stock and see what victory I want to go for. Could easily upgrade my cats to trebs, produce more trebs, produce more horseys for upgrade to cav and then ship my stomping force to the next continent, but that’s the easy and boring way to victory in my book. I’ve been at war for ages and are getting tired of it.
1040AD – Have been holding off attacking the German Capital because my stack of catapults weren’t doing very well against their pikes. I haven’t had a chance to upgrade them to trebs. Then I sent two armies in and they both only took out only 1 pike each… and only just. I see that their capital is on a hill, so decide to use the 4th MGL that I was saving to create another army. Need all the help I can get with this city – being on a hill and full of pikes that seem to be dodging those cats with ease. The palace move will have to wait – if it still looks viable.
1070AD – took the capital, got the M of Mausollos. Took a huge thumping tho –lost a few swords and the rest redlined. It was a mistake not upgrading those cats but I’m starting to get impatient with all this war.
1140AD – MGL! My word this is lucky, that’s 5 MGL’s so far, never had anything like this before! Oh the power of bombard. I think this is also a result of the retreat value of the Gaelic Swordsmen - they don’t die as often so kill more opponents as elites.
1160AD – Germany is down to 3 cities on my continent, with Sumeria 1. My new 5th MGL is winking at me saying “go on, you know you want to, relocate the palace!”
1250AD – Take the last cities. Offer peace to Germany and Sumeria, who have both occupied the islands to the SW fully by now. Get chivalry, printing press, and music theory from them.
1270AD – Went republic. Not a lot of difference really, except getting a tiny bit more money per turn and physics in 4, previously 5. Happiness is still good even though only 4 luxs – and I didn’t need to touch the lux slider. Must be all those cathedrals I built + the Chapel.

At this point I meet France, so this will be continued in DAR 3.
Old March 30, 2004, 15:16   #41
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 12:28
DAR 2a – Emperor – Stock Rules

In 1425 BC we discovered Polytheism. The other civs had discovered a wide variety of techs, but we wouldn’t trade in this game. We set research on full steam for Iron Working (8 turns) in order to locate iron deposits for our Gallic Swords mobilization, with an intention to research Monarchy at a 50-turn pace while the gold rolled in. The plan, not surprisingly, was a slow march to Monarchy followed by a massive GS upgrade.

In 1325 BC Hiawatha, feeling a bit full of himself, demanded the secrets of Polytheism and declared war when rebuffed. We had settled 6 cities, all but one of whom built barracks, warriors, an occasional temple, and a handful of archers. One city, founded amidst floodplains, built a granary (and pop-rushed its completion) to become a worker pump. The archers were the Celt’s defensive force until the offensive would be launched with GSs, and I was glad that I’d built quite a few when the Iroquois declared. I also thought an archer trimming might be in order, and wanted the back-up force just in case.

Catt
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	1325 bc - iroq denied and war.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	68564  
Old March 30, 2004, 15:17   #42
Catt
King

DAR 2b – Emperor – Stock Rules

In 1275 BC, the first big fat target was painted when the Sumerian city of Ur completed the Pyramids. Although we lusted after the Pyramids, given what we had learned of the map and our opponents, we thought that taking out the Iroquois might be the wisest first conquest so as to seal our southern flank.

By 900 BC, after destroying a number of Iroquois warriors, spears, and archers, and having “bopped” 2 Iroq settler groups, we made peace with the Iroquois, after spotting the first Iroquois swordsman, and were paid 10 gold for our troubles. Shortly before peace, in 975 BC the known world was:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	975 bc - empire.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	68565  
Old March 30, 2004, 15:18   #43
Catt
King

DAR 2c – Emperor – Stock Rules

The empire plodded along on a 50-turn pace to Monarchy, the treasury ever-growing. A few coastal cities starting building curraghs for exploration. Sporadic warfare seemed to erupt on the Celt’s homeland – each of Sumeria, Germany, and the Iroquois tangling in short, unproductive wars. I was pleased with the very slow tech rate. Around 200 BC, as the Celtic army support costs had reduced the Celtic income to a small surplus, I connected an iron source and converted warrior builds to GS builds – the planned war was only a few centuries away.

In 190 BC an exploring curragh safely crossed the oceans SE of Entremont to discover the Aztecs. Several curraghs had already been lost in a search for passage; when one finally one made it to Aztec lands, and even survived an additional turn to discover the Incas as well.

In 170 BC we traded spices and a small lump sum of gold to the Sumerians for a supply of Dyes – the extra luxury would help with our swelling population and would be more expensive after we added numerous Iroquois towns to the empire

In 30 BC the Celtic empire crowned King Brennus and instituted a constitutional monarchy. A few GS had been built by hand, and somewhere just shy of 20 warriors had been upgraded and moved into position for the Iroquois offensive. Even at 100% taxes, the army support costs of 65 gpt reduced income to a paltry 7 gpt. It was time to put the investment in troops to good use. A look at the Celtic empire in 30 BC:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	30 bc - empire before war.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	68566  
Old March 30, 2004, 15:19   #44
Catt
King

DAR 2d – Emperor – Stock Rules

As the assault was launched the next turn, the Celts were launched into a Golden Age as a GS defeated an attacking Iroquois archer, but Brennus was frustrated to learn of a new development.

[comicbook-guy voice] Second worst invasion timing ever! [/ comicbook-guy voice]
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	30 bc - terrible timing on great wall.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	68567  
Old March 30, 2004, 16:31   #45
jshelr
Civilization III PBEMIron CiversC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

This guy keeps making me buy the next issue to get the rest of the story
Old April 1, 2004, 09:14   #46
DaveV
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Emperor - AU mod

I chugged along to Monarchy, and then, out of the blue, came an SGL. Kind of disappointing, really - this is going to be too easy. None of the AIs has bothered to hook up a resource yet; Hiawatha hasn't even connected his dyes.

1675 - Gilgamesh demands 25 gold. I refuse, he blusters and goes away.
1550 - Hiawatha demands 25 gold. I give him what he wants.
1525 - Polytheism discovered. Germans give Writing + 66 gold for Polytheism. Sumerians give Horseback Riding + 52 gold for Polytheism. Iroquois give 75 gold for Polytheism.
1375 - Iroquois declare war instead of withdrawing their warrior who is chasing my workers. Germans sign up on my side for 7 gpt.
1175 - Sumerians complete the Pyramids in Ur :drool:, Incans complete the Oracle in Cuzco.
1150 - Germans sign peace with Iroquois.
1125 - Iroquois pay 78 gold for peace. They have Iron Working!
1075 - Byzantines build the Colossus.
975 - Monarchy discovered, SGL generated . Revolt. Iroquois give Iron Working, Map Making, Literature, and Code of Laws for Monarchy . Germans give 100 gold for Literature.
950 - switch to Monarchy.
875 - SGL used to hurry the Great Library in Entremont. Science to 30% (gives math in 10 turns, with a 5 gold profit).
750 - Iron connected, three warriors upgraded to GS. Hiawatha has 5 turns left on peace treaty.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	au502 750bc.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	68741  
Old April 5, 2004, 16:06   #47
JimiD
BtS Tri-LeagueApolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 19:28
the storey continues....

Camulodunum founded 1925 BC. to the north east (998)

Richborough founded 1700 BC to the north west (778), on river, hope will form worker pump in the future. Gotta love the settle pump.

Contact is made with the Germans to the north. Bismark seems a much more relaxed character, and our religous knowledge is exchanged for all of the German knowledge (alphabet, bronze working etc), so the elders feel a little better, however they now decide that Iron Working would be a useful skill to know, given our soft spot for putting on chefs trousers, getting roaringly drunk and picking fights with people. And the tendancy for the Germans and Iroquis to do the same (apart from putting on the trousers)(and the getting drunk).

1600 approx (again history is a little hazy.... elders have words with the scribes, who seem to be a little distracted) the Iroquis demand polythesim, to which we decline decline, so we are now at war. Well considering the Celts have been busy tilling the land, the general opinion is that this was a long time coming, and the sooner we work out what to do with Iron, where it is, and get the trousers on the better. Not much happens, a couple of archers get sent over by the Iroquis, which are distracted from our lightly defended cities by a couple of our warriors who run south. The boys start growing their hair long and practicing with blue make up, but till the Iron arrives, it all looks a little silly.

[IMG]C:\My Documents\James\1625.jpg[/IMG]
Old April 5, 2004, 16:11   #48
JimiD
BtS Tri-LeagueApolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 19:28
We work out what to do with Iron! And see that there is some in the hills to the north, and to the south. Which to go for? Easy really. Both.

1225 Geogovia founded for northern iron

1100 curragh launched!
Augustodurum founded - sourthern iron

Contact Sumerians, who have been lurking to the north for a while, but the Celts appear to have a problem with colour recognition, and thought the light blue was the german towns. The elders send our the envys again, looking to hawk our knowledge of the finer points of worshiping trees, rocks and silly pants, (polythesim), however the best they can do at this time is 2g. Not even 2gpt. We respectfully decline.

In the mean time the elders have had their allowance cut, but are busy thinking about leadership, and whether the 'one man, one vote' style of leadership wouldnt better be replaced by 'one family, one vote', but report they may be some time. Meanwhile the cash is rolling in, and work is underway to give us access to some iron.

The Sumerians send a couple of parties south into our norhern borders, and the new leadership get a little uptight and ask them to leave, at which point they declare war! Some of the elders pipe up that other tribes tend to treat our borders cavalierly, but it is often better to let these things go. Hind sight, its great.

A party of Sumerains are ambushed, and slaves brought back to work on our lands, whilst the Sumerians archers wander around a little, and then, in 975 BC we get Iron connected!

90GP!!!

Our little budget of 375 dont look too good now....however four of the boys get the fancy pants on, whilst to the north three little Sumerians bow boys try their luck against our spearmen. A few scars to impress the girls, and the vet and reg pointy stick lads win, with an elite in the process. Meanwhile to the south the Iroqis are moving in....but not for long.....one of the lads sends the leading archer packing, gets prompted to elite, and the Celts enter a Golden Age! The elders had overlooked the enthusiasm of the yonger members of the clan, and forgotten that this would happen. They might have liked to plan it a little better, but, hey since the Sumerians and Iroquis are both looking for some action, who are we to grumble. The golden age is only going to help....

Four Iroquis archers later, and the boys are feeling better.....and return to Alesia for a little Iron Bru whilst the Sumerians cower on the mountain tops.
900BC these german archers dont half fall easily, but the lads are worried that we are only hitting them on our turf, and dont really taking it to them. Reckon on hitting the Iroquis first, get them to shut up a bit, then have words with the Sumerains, who seems to be pretty big from what the boats reporting.

825BC the battles continue. The Sumerians keep sending their archers down, and the swift feet of the lads in the funny pants keep catching up with them.

and in 800 BC, Hiawath, at the prompting of our envoy, and the three orange haired nutters sitting on a hill overlooking Niagra Falls, sues for peace, with 50gp and writing! Mission accomplished, look out the Sumerians.

710BC the first of the funny boys dies attacking Lagash, but we capture it in the end, and some workers with it.
650BC capture Bad Tiberia and some Ivory! Our Curragh gets attacked of the northern coast by some barbarians, but survives. We have upgraded all the warriors now, so back to the research!

590BC Ur is captured, along with three workers!
520BC Kish falls, with the Colossus!
490BC, attacking Sumer a MGL appears from the Super Nutter boys!
Sumerians wont sue for peace, so we will have to keep this up. Now with a new improved army of course....

The elders finally emerge from the thinking huts to announce they have discovered Monarchy, and the ensuing party lasts for 20 years.....and when everyone finally staggers out the morning after, the Celts are in Monarchy! The elders have a little debate - should they sell monarchy, or just keep everyone on the continent behind the times, so as to enable the monster party to continue? The plan is to whip the Sumerians into giving us everything for peace, then have a go at the Iroquis. Well a quick round with the envoys establishes we are well behind the times! ABout four techs. Still, nothing that cant be bullied back.
430BC, work on the Heroic Epic begins in Entremont

400BC Get Literature, mapmaking and code of laws from the sumerians, and in 370 BC declare war on the Germans!

330BC, attacking Nurenberg, another MGL!, and in 310BC Berlin falls
290BC, first German swordsman appears...
250BC Liepzig falls.
110BC, Heroic Epic!
, and by 90BC, the Sumerians and Germans have been forced into the sea.
and we begin the construction of some libraires. Well, we will have to catch up sometime.

just the Iroqis to finish off now, getting a little dull, cant help feeling that concentrating on war might be putting me behind elsewhere.

Apologies for the old scottish cliches, but thats the result of playing late at night and red wine.

Last edited by JimiD; April 5, 2004 at 16:23.
Old April 5, 2004, 20:40   #49
Aqualung71
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversC3CDG Desolation Row
Emperor

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Good game so far pirate....there's a solid warmonger streak in you, methinks!
Old April 18, 2004, 20:26   #50
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
800 BC

I was getting pretty worried at this point.

I had finally connected the iron to the north, and started upgrading Warriors... damn, that's expensive!! I think that was part of the problem, having to put so much economic effort towards gold that I really fell behind in tech. 7+ techs behind, with each of my neighbors already into the feudal age. What had me most worried was that after the Pyramids, each till-then completed GW had not been on the home continent.

I too had the wandering Iroq Settler pair. There seemed to have been a war between Germany and Sumeria at this point, but not much damage done. I had NOT seen an MW, which was great for me but gives me concern re the AU Mod and Iroq build preferences.

So: 9 towns/cities, 12 Workers, 3 Spear, 16 Warriors, and 8 GS. Still in despotism, while Sumeria is a monarchy and Germany and Iroq are republics.

I've been looking at the progress others had made at this point, and I'm impressed!! Catt, is that full 5-tile spacing?? The logic?
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	800bc.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	70135  
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old April 19, 2004, 15:23   #51
Catt
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
Catt, is that full 5-tile spacing?? The logic?
A mix of 3- and 4-, with the occassional 5-tile here and there. The logic was "absent" -- I was following terrain and didn't think I'd need the early boost of a tighter build. I also didn't replace AI cities - just took them as I found them.

I still like to do 4-tile spacing an awful lot, restricting 3-tile spacing to the first several cities and to terrain factors that promote it. Since I play for early domination only infrequently (perhaps 1 in 8 games), I usually like a little more spread empire for the later game that allows multiple original core cities of pop 14 - 17 and still enjoys good production (mines instead of a lot of irrigation).

Catt