View Poll Results: What atrocities would you permit?
Destroying enemy bases when captured 10 25.00%
Using Nerve gas in attacks 10 25.00%
Using planet busters 11 27.50%
I do not condone any atrocities at all 2 5.00%
I will use bananas of mass destruction 7 17.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 20, 2004, 00:42   #1
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
How far are you willing to go?
Atrocity-wise?
Old March 20, 2004, 01:43   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

All the way. We're dead anyway, we might as well exact a price from them before we fall.
Old March 20, 2004, 03:39   #3
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

I agree. They did not conduct themselves with honour, therefore do not deserve our respect.
Old March 20, 2004, 05:25   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Er, CyCon didnt exactly conduct themsleves with honour either
I daresay the most honourable faction in this game was....The believers
Old March 20, 2004, 05:36   #5
Skanky Burns

I know, but that was before I joined so it doesn't count.
Ok, ok, except for breaking the peace with PEACE, but it isn't like we wanted to end our war at that time.
Old March 20, 2004, 14:03   #6
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 21:28
Kill kill kill - lets kill as much Hive as possible before we die!
Old March 20, 2004, 16:13   #7
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

All/any. I agree with GT, take a toll first. Maybe ask Lazerus (if he hasn't joined another faction) to come onboard as an advisor member. He's the best military strategist for desperate situations I know of, and is knowledgeable on the best ways to use nerve gas.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 20, 2004, 23:03   #8
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 16:28
the best ways to use nerve gas...Hmm, WAVE X Shard choppers (die, usurpers, die!)

but failing that...a few rovers should do, if we're in a position to strike at their bases. Have we got (the technology to build) air units? And do atrocities like nerve gas, obliteration, nerve stapling and the like cause eco damage? I never use them but in games against or as the bugs.
Old March 21, 2004, 02:29   #9
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Have we got (the technology to build) air units?
Yes. Needlejets AND choppers (at least, once we get it transferred from what's left of PUT...).
Old March 21, 2004, 03:22   #10
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:28
look on the brightside we wil definatly be able to infiltrate the Drones now by sending that transport full of Probe Teams up to a captured base (Cairns probly) we could get ALL their Tecs!
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 21, 2004, 06:01   #11
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

That is a decision that should be approved of as well.

I think we have the military to attack one, but only one faction. It MUST be an all we got strike.

So far, most members seemed to point to the Hive as a target. If we decide to go to the Drones, then only can we take their techs, otherwise I was going to send all available units (probes and marines) throught the Sargasso sea to New Moscow or around. Impaler, have you reasons to assume that Drones wouldn't have shared it's probed tech with Hive?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 21, 2004, 06:04   #12
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Which two illogical functions refused to approve every measure available for the defence of our territory? They must be examined to determine the cause of this malfunction.
Old March 21, 2004, 18:53   #13
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 16:28
so just make a few dozen X chaos (or missile, whatever we've got) choppers
Old March 21, 2004, 18:57   #14
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Which two illogical functions refused to approve every measure available for the defence of our territory? They must be examined to determine the cause of this malfunction.
One, actually I vote Xenobanana in all your polls so that I don't have to click "View results" each time.
Old March 21, 2004, 22:53   #15
Skanky Burns

Did you vote the "I do not condone any atrocities at all" option?
Old March 22, 2004, 09:54   #16
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
I did

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 22, 2004, 14:14   #17
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Did you vote the "I do not condone any atrocities at all" option?
Nope, because that would influence your decision making
If it were up to me, I'd vote for using planetbusters

Last edited by GeoModder; March 22, 2004 at 15:11.
Old March 22, 2004, 20:37   #18
Skanky Burns

Good man.

It seems someone voted for every option then though. We have 11 votes, with 9 for using all atrocities and 2 for not. With 1 vote Tass's, that leaves 10 people voting. Oh well.