Old March 20, 2004, 16:43   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 21:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Aftermath: The Matrix

Marphiac: Welcome to the real world. We've done it, Skanky Burns. We've found him.
Skanky Burns: I hope you're right.
Marphiac: I don't have to hope. I know it.
Geo: Am I dead?
Marphiac: Far from it.
Jamski: He still needs a lot of work.
Geo: What are you doing.
Marphiac: Your link to the Collective Consciousness was removed, we're restoring it.
Geo: Why do my implants hurt?
Marphiac: You've never used them before. Rest, Geo. The answers are coming.
* Geo looses consciousness.

* Geo wakes up again, looks around.

Geo: Marphiac, what's happened to me? What is this place?
Marphiac: More important than what, is when.
Geo: When?
Marphiac: You believe it's the year 2159 when in fact it's closer to 2359. I can't tell you exactly what year it is because we honestly don't know. There's nothing I can say that will explain it for you, Geo. Come with me. See for yourself.
This is my ship, the CCS Love Boat. It's a gravship. This is the main deck. This is the core where we broadcast our pirate signal and hack into the Matrix. Most of my crew you already know. This is Impaler, Drogue, and DeathByTheSword.
Impaler: Hi.
Marphiac: The one's you don't know, Jamski and his big brother, Spamski. The little one behind you is Method. You wanted to know what the Matrix is Geo?
* Marphiac brings Geo to the Network Node.
Marphiac: Try to relax. This will feel a little weird.
* Geo is being linked to the construct.

In the construct:
Marphiac: This is the construct. It's our loading program. We can load anything from clothing, to equipment, weapons, training simulations, anything we need.
Geo: Right now we're inside a Virtual World?
Marphiac: Is it really so hard to believe? Your clothes are different. All the plugs in your arms and head have reappeared. Your hair is changed. Your appearance now is what we call residual self image. It is the mental projection of your digital self.
Geo: This, this isn't real?
Marphiac: What is real. How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
* Marphiac switches on the Holo Viewer.
This is the world that you know. The world as it was in the middle of the twenty-second century. It exists now only as part of a neural-interactive simulation that we call the Matrix. You've been living in a dream world, Geo.
These are the CPU continents as they exist today, destroyed. Welcome to the Desert of the Real.
Geo: What happened?
Marphiac: We have been brutally betrayed by the fullhumans. We don't know who scorched the lands, us or them. But we know that it was them that struck first and declared war. At the time they were dependent on raw numbers and industrial power and it was believed that they would be unable to survive if we tried to destroy those. However to replace their losses, they enslaved us. They severed all our links to the Collective Consciousness, replaced it with false information input to make us believe we lived in the MY 2150s, destroyed our identity, and put us to work as mindless drones in genejack factories. Combined with a form of fusion the fullhumans had found all the energy and production power they would ever need. There are factories, endless factories, where cyborgs are no longer born, we are constructed. For the longest time I wouldn't believe it, and then I saw the Cyborg Factory with my own eyes. Watch them recycle the dead so they could use the spare parts to construct the living. And standing there, facing the pure horrifying precision, I came to realize the obviousness of the truth. What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a virtual generated dream world, built to keep us under control in order to change a cyborg in a mindless drone.
Geo: No. I don't believe it. It's not possible.
Marphiac: I didn't say it would be easy, Geo. I just said it would be the truth. We have been fighting them for decades. And we will continue that fight for as long as it takes, to gain freedom for ourselves and to liberate this whole world from dictators. They may hunt us down for eternity in our homes, but the spirit and ideals of CPU will always live on!

Last edited by Maniac; March 20, 2004 at 16:50.
Old March 20, 2004, 16:44   #2
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 21:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Some time later:

Geo: Are we all that is left from CPU?
Marphiac: You can say so. Some gravships and Zion.
Geo: Zion?
Impaler:It is the last free city on planet. It is located near planet`s core, where it is warm. It is also the last sanctuary against Hive/Drones.
Marphiac: There could be more survivors..
Impaler: No, I thought we all agreed they are dead. That was an insane mission after all.
Geo: Who might be dead? Marphiac: You`ve probably met two another in Matrix, Kassad and Obstructor. As the prophecy said, they will return with an army from skies.
Impaler: This is rubbish, Marphiac, we shall make our stand here.
Marphiac: But you didn`t object when we decided to pull him out of there, did you? If he is the One...
Geo: Wait a minute, what are you talking about? Who is the One?
*Marphiac takes Geo in a separate room away from Impaler.

Marphiac:An old prophecy claims that one day, a cyborg will appear in our ranks. He will have the ability to manipulate Matrix at his will. He will be The One. He will lead the rebellion that will bring us to freedom. He will lit up the sky to signal our brethern far away, Obstructor and Kassad, to return here with Fiery Sky Army, and together you will free the CPU from the heavy shambles of Matrix.. I believe Geo, that you are the One.
*Geo is clearly shaken.
Geo: What, I am the One? I am supposed to be saviour? This is impossible!
Marphiac: But this is true. I have dedicated all my life to finding the One, and I am completely certain that you are the One. You may not believe it, but when you start to believe it, you shall become the One.
Geo: But even if I am the One, how am I supposed to fulfill the prophecy? I have to lit up the sky? And where are exactly Obstructor and Kassad? If they have an army why haven`t they freed us yet?
Marphiac: It was written that the One shall get all the answers after he finds the Oracle. But you will need to train before that. Matrix is a dangerous place.
Geo: I can die in Matrix?
Marphiac: Mind cannot exist without the body.

Last edited by Illuminatus; March 20, 2004 at 16:52.