Old March 22, 2004, 01:10   #31
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 13:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
How hard is it to hit an old man in a wheelchair coming out of prayer?
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old March 22, 2004, 01:18   #32
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 13:32
The political logic of this is pretty clear -Sharon has decided to get out of Gaza-now, by stating this he has utterly pissed of the far far right in Israel-so to counter this, he had to do something big to show he is out to get Hamas-and you can;t get bigger than this.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old March 22, 2004, 01:26   #33
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:32
Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
How hard is it to hit an old man in a wheelchair coming out of prayer?
Don't make it sound so easy.

Last time I tried it it took 5 shots before I finally hit the mark. Some of those guys with the electric scooters can haul some serious azz.

Mis Novias
Old March 22, 2004, 01:28   #34
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 15:32

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old March 22, 2004, 01:30   #35
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Local Time: 14:32
While Killings are sometime nessecary for the common defense, the ending of a human life is something that should NEVER be rejoiced about.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old March 22, 2004, 01:30   #36
JCG
Prince

Well, there'll be a Hamas retaliation quite soon...and the cycle continues.
Old March 22, 2004, 01:43   #37
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:32
Holy ****. I never thought they'll actually do this. But I dont understand why, after 3.5 years of terror, it took an attempt to blow up half of my city for Sharon to finally give the order.

A lot of blood will flow before the last Israeli soldier lives Gaza.
Old March 22, 2004, 01:59   #38
Pax
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:32
I don't understand how people who hate terrorism can be pro assasination.
What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation
Old March 22, 2004, 02:01   #39
Pax
Chieftain

You should just think about the feelings that come up when people talk about Lincoln, RFK, and JFK.
What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation
Old March 22, 2004, 02:01   #40
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

I don't understand why you keep refering to a word you see no real meaning in Pax.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old March 22, 2004, 02:04   #41
Pax
Chieftain

I'm speaking in terms you can understand.
Old March 22, 2004, 02:15   #42
Az
Emperor

"blood will flow" and "it will only enrage them more" is bullshit. It's a presumption that they were some sort of hippies beforehand. All those surrounding him Hamas "activists" anyway, so why would anything change?

Oh, and btw, Pax, (using a hyperbole here), don't you think that killoing Hitler would be immoral? Killing leaders in times of war is a legitimate tactic, as long as they make strategic decision-making, and he certainly was.

I think that this has been done to weaken the central authority in Hamas, before the withdrawal, and not to pander the right. ( It's hardly a balance, really )
Old March 22, 2004, 02:18   #43
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon
If only someone could shoot Sharon. It should be easier, he's about the size of the Hindenburg, and so full of gas, that it would be an easy shot and the results would be spectacular.
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old March 22, 2004, 02:23   #44
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 03:32
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
"blood will flow" and "it will only enrage them more" is bullshit. It's a presumption that they were some sort of hippies beforehand. All those surrounding him Hamas "activists" anyway, so why would anything change?
You are ignoring that such attacks legitimize Hama's activities and is a great opportunity for them to recruit members.
Old March 22, 2004, 02:24   #45
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

double

Mis Novias
Old March 22, 2004, 02:26   #46
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Oncle Boris

warmonger

Mis Novias
Old March 22, 2004, 02:26   #47
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger

You are ignoring that such attacks legitimize Hama's activities and is a great opportunity for them to recruit members.
that's the theory, at least

Mis Novias
Old March 22, 2004, 02:33   #48
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

good. only about a billion more left.
Old March 22, 2004, 02:33   #49
DaShi
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Has your senseless blathering grown worse?
You do seem to gloat over these things as you often post such comments like the one above. The impression you give is obvious and for you to deny it is obtuse.
Old March 22, 2004, 02:35   #50
Pax
Chieftain

Quote:

Oh, and btw, Pax, (using a hyperbole here), don't you think that killoing Hitler would be immoral? Killing leaders in times of war is a legitimate tactic, as long as they make strategic decision-making, and he certainly was.

I think that this has been done to weaken the central authority in Hamas, before the withdrawal, and not to pander the right. ( It's hardly a balance, really )
I just want to make this clear. I think Israel has every right to exist and it's neighbors should respect it's borders. I thin that Israel has a right to defend itself.

I think the same thing goes for Palestinians.

Israel is the most powerful state in that region of the world. I don't see how you expect the Palestinians to respond to your superior weaponry if they don't resort to suicide bombings and under terrorist tactics.

I mean you hate terrorism but how do you expect the Palestinians to respond. You think that you should be able to attack their leaders and they just throw rocks at your tanks? That sounds unreasonable.
Old March 22, 2004, 02:40   #51
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

That would all sound nice and noble Pax, but the problem is that many of those suicide bombers are being influenced and financed by people outside of Palestine.

The suicide bombers just make things worse for the Palestinians, the average Palesitinian just wants to go about his life and be left alone.

However we have all sorts of dumbass outside influences that do things like do suicide bombings every time there are peace talks.

Mis Novias
Old March 22, 2004, 02:40   #52
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Recruit members? How would that help them recruit general members (since those members hardly are any threat to Israel, and everyone on the street knows that. They have nothing to sell neither in conventional or guerilla tactics.)

in the case of suicide bombers, finding volunteers never was a problem anyway, it's the production of the charges that is the bottleneck of that activity. One of the low rank soldiers or some girl that had sex before marriage will usually volunteer, or in the case of the girls, "volunteer".
Old March 22, 2004, 02:43   #53
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

We've got to admit the sad truth: when America finally hits its decline, and Europe is reluctant to project power, the jewish people will be surrounded and suffer a new Holocaust.

Founding Israel was perhaps one of the most stupid idea of the 20th century.
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old March 22, 2004, 02:44   #54
Az
Emperor

Quote:
We've got to admit the sad truth: when America finally hits its decline, and Europe is reluctant to project power, the jewish people will be surrounded and suffer a new Holocaust.
I find this constant thinking by other people in the world that we can't really fend for ourselves wierd. Who, pray tell, will make this holocaust happen? If anything, a genocide of the other side may happen ( and that's an even more disturbing thought )
Old March 22, 2004, 02:44   #55
Pax
Chieftain

I can't help it being idealistic. I keep having dreams of world peace.
Old March 22, 2004, 02:49   #56
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
I find this constant thinking by other people in the world that we can't really fend for ourselves wierd. Who, pray tell, will make this holocaust happen? If anything, a genocide of the other side may happen ( and that's an even more disturbing thought )
It may be possible, true, but the numbers are against you. History is cyclic in nature, and the Arabs have pretty much hit the bottom.
Old March 22, 2004, 02:53   #57
Az
Emperor

Quote:
It may be possible, true, but the numbers are against you. History is cyclic in nature, and the Arabs have pretty much hit the bottom.
The NUMBERS are against us? The numbers were always against us, in one way or another, yet we managed, and we're in the best position so far.
Old March 22, 2004, 02:55   #58
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 16:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Pax Africanus
I don't understand how people who hate terrorism can be pro assasination.
This was just self-defense.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 22, 2004, 02:58   #59
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
The NUMBERS are against us? The numbers were always against us, in one way or another, yet we managed, and we're in the best position so far.
On the long run (100-300 years), lower numbers mean defeat. That's inevitable. Look at the colonial powers: Netherlands-Britain-America. Who's the next? well, China.

And what about European continental powers? Well, there was France, Germany. Russia is the obvious next.

No offense, but Israel wouldn't have held its ground without help from the West, and you'll be toast, one day or the other. Ming won't be there.
Old March 22, 2004, 03:02   #60
Az
Emperor

How on earth would we be toast with nukes? if we would be toast, the whole region would be toast.