Old March 22, 2004, 05:22   #91
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 22:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Really, why is that? Are my published sources completely off base, or are you, Azazel, planning to embark on a selfless program of impregnating every woman you see?

Quote:
I'm including the territories in the above count.
In that case, you're right, but Israel won't be contolling the territories in 20 years, anyway.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:22   #92
dannubis
King

Local Time: 21:32
once in a while i like to see that wa-hat goes around comes around...
this is one of those cases.
how many young man and women had to die because of this old man's mental disease. this one got what he deserved...

however : again, 8 people were wounded as 'collateral damage'. yet another example of how the idf stands towards palestinian civilians... so when the next bus blows up the right can say again how outraged they are, without giving a second thought of the causes of this misery.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:23   #93
yavoon
Warlord

Local Time: 19:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Oncle Boris
We've got to admit the sad truth: when America finally hits its decline, and Europe is reluctant to project power, the jewish people will be surrounded and suffer a new Holocaust.

Founding Israel was perhaps one of the most stupid idea of the 20th century.
an idea is not made stupid by lunatic fundamentalists and their genocidal ways.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:24   #94
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Yes, it is.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:25   #95
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by dannubis
once in a while i like to see that wa-hat goes around comes around...
this is one of those cases.
how many young man and women had to die because of this old man's mental disease. this one got what he deserved...

however : again, 8 people were wounded as 'collateral damage'. yet another example of how the idf stands towards palestinian civilians... so when the next bus blows up the right can say again how outraged they are, without giving a second thought of the causes of this misery.
if the buses stopped blowing up the missiles would stop firing.

not the other way around tho. think about it, it matters.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:26   #96
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
Yes, it is.
help me find a smiley face to appropriately convey my disdain and refutal of ur post.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:29   #97
Az
Emperor

Quote:
8 people were wounded.

Of course, I am sure you have better ideas how to kill him or capture him, without any harm done.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:31   #98
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Why do you even need to go after him?
It appears to be making things not better.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:32   #99
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 15:32
Quote:
You may be right, considering the steady stream of Jews from Russia.
The stream of Jews from France might increase in the future, as well.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:33   #100
dannubis
King

no, frankly i don't
but i wouldn't wound 8 people to get 1 man, i can tell you that much

this very post shows your view on the value of the live of a 'normal' palestian citizen, now doesn't it ?

and yavoon
busses would be blown up at a significant lesser rate if the average palestinian actually had something to live for ...
Old March 22, 2004, 05:37   #101
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 20:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
The stream of Jews from France might increase in the future, as well.
I'm sure there will be a steady stream of trolls from America and Japan as well.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:41   #102
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 15:32
Quote:
I'm sure there will be a steady stream of trolls from America and Japan as well.
While that's a safe bet, I wasn't trolling in this particular case. Shocking, I know.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:49   #103
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
no, frankly i don't

this very post shows your view on the value of the live of a 'normal' palestian citizen, now doesn't it ?

and yavoon
busses would be blown up at a significant lesser rate if the average palestinian actually had something to live for ...
how does that IN ANY WAY address my question? obviously u've inserted ur own view into my statement.

1)I didnt say nething about lessening the rate
2)I didnt mention "live for" which is ridiculously convenient.

look the entire arab world is a craphole. what are we suppose to do? hand them money? the rest of the arab world would be in a similarly craptastic situation if they didnt have oil to feed them.

if the palestinians want something to live for, why not stop being murderous hooligans who follow a religion of hate and oppression. THAT MIGHT GET THE BALL ROLLING.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:54   #104
Az
Emperor

Quote:
no, frankly i don't
No matter what?

Quote:
How much do you want the IDF to value it? infinitely? There is the value of the Israeli civilians as well, to consider, and this man, in his coordination, and spiritual guidance, certainly contributed to the deaths of many.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:58   #105
dannubis
King

ok, let me rephraze it

which of your two governements is democratic and actually has control over its armed forces : yours

which country has actually an industry to financially back up its policies : yours

so who do you think has the power to change things : you

not those murderous hooligans who following the religion of hate and oppression because it is the only thing that they have left...

I AM pleased that one of the leaders who was milking this sentiment to further his own glory is dead.

But it is up to you guys to for once in your history reach out a helping hand to your neighbours.
Old March 22, 2004, 06:00   #106
Az
Emperor

actually, 7 more people were KILLED, ( including his body guards), Yet I still don't it as anything but ethical. I sure would like to avoid as many deaths as possible, but still. Let's, even forget the ethical background of the man's action: By law, when targetting an enemy inside a civilian territory, the military must:
a) attempt to not hurt any civilians.
b) if that's not possible, try to assess the cost/benefit of that action. If he was just a Hamas peon, of course that would be unlawful, but this is not the case.
Old March 22, 2004, 06:01   #107
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
ok, let me rephraze it

which of your two governements is democratic and actually has control over its armed forces : yours

which country has actually an industry to financially back up its policies : yours

so who do you think has the power to change things : you

not those murderous hooligans who following the religion of hate and oppression because it is the only thing that they have left...

I AM pleased that one of the leaders who was milking this sentiment to further his own glory is dead.

But it is up to you guys to for once in your history reach out a helping hand to your neighbours.
yes because never before in the history of western civilization has the west HELPED ANYONE....EVER...SERIOUSLY...IF WE JUST DID IT ONCE OUR PROBLEMS WOULD BE SOLVED.

k yah that caps felt good.

all evil needs to thrive is for good men to do nothing. the arab world appears to be full of good men doing nothing. so this is what they get. like anyone will chime in, **** needs to be changed from within, it can only be bludgeoned crudely from outside. so ur idea that us handing them flowers will make it all better is simply not going to work.
Old March 22, 2004, 06:03   #108
dannubis
King

tell that to the parents or children of the people who died while the idf was taking out it's target ...
Old March 22, 2004, 06:07   #109
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
tell that to the parents or children of the people who died while the idf was taking out it's target ...
they live in an extraordinarily unjust land. oppression is rampant, cruelty is inherent and tennets that keep the first two in place are practiced w/ religious devotion.
Old March 22, 2004, 06:08   #110
dannubis
King

Quote:
Originally posted by yavoon

yes because never before in the history of western civilization has the west HELPED ANYONE....EVER...SERIOUSLY...IF WE JUST DID IT ONCE OUR PROBLEMS WOULD BE SOLVED.

k yah that caps felt good.

all evil needs to thrive is for good men to do nothing. the arab world appears to be full of good men doing nothing. so this is what they get. like anyone will chime in, **** needs to be changed from within, it can only be bludgeoned crudely from outside. so ur idea that us handing them flowers will make it all better is simply not going to work.
yeah, your current approach does seem to get the job done ...

however, it's in your country that you jave to be afraid to take the bus, go out at night to a bar or do whatever you want

so, if you feel you're on the right way, be my guest to continue. I am not going to lose any sleep over it. It takes two to fight, so you brought it both upon yourselves, and you are both wrong.

and i don't need caps to make my point.
Old March 22, 2004, 06:11   #111
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:

yeah, your current approach does seem to get the job done ...

however, it's in your country that you jave to be afraid to take the bus, go out at night to a bar or do whatever you want

so, if you feel you're on the right way, be my guest to continue. I am not going to lose any sleep over it. It takes two to fight, so you brought it both upon yourselves, and you are both wrong.

and i don't need caps to make my point.
u have three simultaneous dillusions in this thread.

its two for love and one for war.

that somehow ur way is going to change anything.

and more generally there is some magical way that will make life better.

what if u were getting ur children blown up by a ppl who's stated goal was to kill every last one of u? would u hand them a flower? how many flowers would u hand them so they would do u the favor of blowing up fewer buses full of civilians?
Old March 22, 2004, 06:11   #112
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Tell that to the families of the people who's deaths he sponsored.

sentimentality that is not needed for this discussion.
Old March 22, 2004, 06:14   #113
dannubis
King

no, indeed not, harsh reality

because it are those people that will blow themselves up in order to get their revenge
Old March 22, 2004, 06:16   #114
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
no, indeed not, harsh reality

because it are those people that will blow themselves up in order to get their revenge
they don't need the rockets to get recruits. like has been pointed out, they have plenty. the infidels are in their holy land. they are going to kill them.
Old March 22, 2004, 06:33   #115
Az
Emperor

dannubis, they have shitloads of recruits. I've pointed it out earlier in this thread. The "cycle of violence" theory doesn't hold water.
Old March 22, 2004, 06:44   #116
Pax
Chieftain

Azazel,
in your opinion are the policies of your government successfully solving the problem you guys have with the palestinians? Are the policies of your government solving the issues with all the countries surrounding yours that do not like your country. This is not an attack. I'm just curious as to whether you are happy with the progress your country is making towards peace and tranquility in the region.
What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation
Old March 22, 2004, 06:46   #117
Az
Emperor

Quote:
in your opinion are the policies of your government successfully solving the problem you guys have with the palestinians? Are the policies of your government solving the issues with all the countries surrounding yours that do not like your country. This is not an attack. I'm just curious as to whether you are happy with the progress your country is making towards peace and tranquility in the region.
Well, if we look at the progress in the last 55 years, we sure have made a lot of progress.
Old March 22, 2004, 08:12   #118
Sandman
King

Local Time: 20:32
Looks like the Israeli security forces have been a bit too successful in stopping terrorists for Sharon's liking. This should stir up a few choice suicide bombings so he can renege on his 'commitment' to end the Gaza settlements.
Old March 22, 2004, 08:24   #119
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Striker
Ahhh, sorry Player but we have repeated examples of super small countries like Rome and England doing things like, ohh, taking over most of the world.
Rome was first a city state, and at that time it fought against opponents the same size. Only when they defeated their counterpart Carthage they started expanding rapidly, and Romans soon began to include all Italians. And later under Caracalla the entire empire was considered 'Roman'. Rome was more than just that one city, that under emperor Traianus consisted of about 1-1,2 million inhabitants. At that time an enormous amount.

Most big cities such as Seleucia or Alexandria etc had around 200 000 inhabitants (and they were considered huge cities), and places like Pompei with only around 13 000 inhabitants or so were seen as 'cities' and not as villages like we would do now.

I would not consider Rome as a super small country.

PS: England at the time was one of the biggest and most powerful countries as well so I don't see what you mean there
Old March 22, 2004, 08:40   #120
Az
Emperor

Actually, Trajanus, I think that even before the destruction of carthage, Roman homeland included all of campagnia (sp?), as well.