Old March 22, 2004, 14:52   #1
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 13:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The great underappreciated gods (Googlie and Tass)
Just a minor thank you, guys.

With the game nearing its close, or not, depending on who you talk to, with all the crap that flew around early game and is flying now I know all of us do appreciate the hard work that goes into helping run and poke factions with sticks to get the turns out.

I know I don't want your jobs, that's for sure.

So have a and we're all so let's all stop the non-RP and continue having fun!

Good luck to everybody in surviving the Drone attack!

FF

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 22, 2004, 15:02   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:34
Awe, thanks

Old March 22, 2004, 16:24   #3
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:34
Yes. Gotta give it up for the Googlie/Comrade Tass combo!

And for putting up with a ton of B.S.

I tip my hat and salute you two from within the bowels of the Hive.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 23, 2004, 02:16   #4
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 14:34
Old March 23, 2004, 11:18   #5
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Thanks from me too.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 23, 2004, 12:58   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

And me

(+1)

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 23, 2004, 13:01   #7
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Of course everything can be +1 for you. But there are some of us who truely appreciate what Googlie and Tass have done for this game.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 23, 2004, 13:34   #8
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I specially indicated that it WAS NOT a +1, by crossing through it, because I KNEW you would make a comment to get your +2

-Jam
Old March 23, 2004, 14:31   #9
Snowflake
Princess

Didn't you appreciate the mata spam?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 23, 2004, 14:39   #10
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 21:34
Yes, thank you Tass and Google Googlie.
Old March 23, 2004, 19:16   #11
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:34
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Jamski always appreciates meta spam.
Old March 24, 2004, 04:18   #12
Jamski
Deity

It makes a nice change from pseudo-spam, at any rate

-Jam
Old March 24, 2004, 04:25   #13
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Spamski spams another thread
Oh BTW Spamski: Tassaguar has beaten you to the 5 red squares, to the 3000.

You are, in the words of....Jaguar, PWND!!
Old March 24, 2004, 05:25   #14
Jamski
Deity

Like I give a damn about someone else's post count on another forum

-Jam
Old March 24, 2004, 10:08   #15
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

RSOD's got nothing compared to poly ranks.
Old March 24, 2004, 10:36   #16
Snowflake
Princess

Please, concentrate on the topic will you?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 24, 2004, 13:07   #17
Jamski
Deity

We all said thanks, now we can get back to bickering about how badly the Drones suck

-Jam
Old March 24, 2004, 13:12   #18
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Lord Tass
GooglieGod

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 24, 2004, 13:21   #19
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

oh crap is it butt kissing time again?

googlie
tass

but seriously great work so far on this demo game
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old March 24, 2004, 13:29   #20
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 20:34
Most appreciated work you do. Grateful the Hive is. Thanking you, I want.

May the Force be with you.
Old March 24, 2004, 19:52   #21
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
Most appreciated work you do. Grateful the Hive is. Thanking you, I want.

May the Force be with you.
I see that 3D has made at least one convert...
(In the Wise Man column, people...)

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 25, 2004, 15:06   #22
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Yes! Our secret plan to turn the tide of war is working! If only get Voltaire and Buster to read it once again....
Old March 28, 2004, 04:30   #23
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:34
Sometimes the most important people get the least reconigition and I feel that applies to both of you.
Old March 28, 2004, 04:32   #24
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Please, concentrate on the topic will you?
I guess you have a duty of care, considering you took the thread off-topic in the first place.
Old March 28, 2004, 04:42   #25
Snowflake
Princess

Me?!!! That can't be true.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 28, 2004, 11:39   #26
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 12:34
As Nick Faldo once said:

"Aw, shucks, guys ........... I thank you from the heart of my bottom"

Seriously - kudo's are OK. Thanks. (But I'd set it up differently were I doing it again)

And, off topic (or on another topic) there are enough single players who could/would enjoy "playing the AI" in another SPDG - Buster and I have already said we'd be interested - so that's a possible alternative to beefing up the AI

G.
Old March 28, 2004, 12:57   #27
Jamski
Deity

If you and Buster are playing, we'd better handicap the AI...

If we're not playing another MPDG, I might be interested. As an "AI-player" I wouldn't be trying to win, just to hamper the DG faction, right?

-Jam
Old March 28, 2004, 13:52   #28
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

We would need to be carfull.

We cant simply declare that the Democracy Faction is going to be alowed to win the game from the start, that would be even less of a challenge then an AI.

On the other hand we cant let all 6 oposing factions dog pile the Democracy Faction as that would be hopeless.

We need some kind of middle gound in which all the Factions are out to win in a FreeForAll and can do all the normal things you would expect in a PBEM game of humans.

My susgjestion is to be guided by Social Enginering and Role Playing as much as possible, think "What would Morgan do?" well that all depends on your social enginering and past interactions. If the players stay loyal to thouse things then it will be a fair fight. Everyone will be looking out for themselves and trying their best to win or atleast come out as high in the pack as possible. Then we have a good challenging game.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 29, 2004, 00:17   #29
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
My susgjestion is to be guided by Social Enginering and Role Playing as much as possible, think "What would Morgan do?" well that all depends on your social enginering and past interactions. If the players stay loyal to thouse things then it will be a fair fight. Everyone will be looking out for themselves and trying their best to win or atleast come out as high in the pack as possible. Then we have a good challenging game.
I agree. If, for example, I were playing as Dee, and Buster as Morgan, then as soon as he chose an SE that was my "aversion" I would be role-playing bound to declare vendetta. (And PK's with Hive, and so on) And I could only pact with those who had similar value sets compatible with mine.

But that should include the DG faction as well. If they chose an SE at odds with mine, then I declare vendetta, and so on.

But an interesting degree of "randomness" could be introduced by having, for example, the SPDG faction, 3 human-controlled single player factions, and 3 AI factions set up as a master/2submissive arrangement. With a wily CMN such as Darsnan it could be made quite a challenge for all players

G.
Old March 29, 2004, 00:35   #30
Nubclear

Let's get back on topic