Old March 29, 2004, 03:37   #31
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
I agree. If, for example, I were playing as Dee, and Buster as Morgan, then as soon as he chose an SE that was my "aversion" I would be role-playing bound to declare vendetta. (And PK's with Hive, and so on) And I could only pact with those who had similar value sets compatible with mine.
I like the idea of this Googlie, but I'm not sure about being bound to declare vendetta. Perhaps you could send a warning first (especially to the DG team faction) and give them some time to mend their ways, an ultimatum perhaps. I can see the DG faction getting pretty pissed off if the SP-AI factions keep declaring vendetta without warning.

Quote:
But an interesting degree of "randomness" could be introduced by having, for example, the SPDG faction, 3 human-controlled single player factions, and 3 AI factions set up as a master/2submissive arrangement. With a wily CMN such as Darsnan it could be made quite a challenge for all players
I like I like a lot A three-way pact could be a real monster of an opponent if set up correctly.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 29, 2004, 11:42   #32
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 12:34
Or another idea:

You land on Chiron in 2150, (splintered into the SPDG faction and 2 AI- human-Assisted factions) to find 2/3rds of Planet inhabited by the Progenitors engaged in a violent civil war and themselves splintered into 4 factions (A Usurper and Usurper clone and a Caretaker and Caretaker clone)

They (all 4) have fairly well developed structures - say 8 to 10 or so bases each, and are fairly well into the tech tree

You have to nurture your small faction into healthy existence either with the help of - or hindered by - the 2 other Human factions

Many of the choice SP's will be gone (eg the Empath Guild - either disabled or already built by the prog factions), Victory conditions will be only 3 - Conquest, Transcendence or Energy Monopoly, and Council will be disabled (so no Governor - thus any infiltration must be through probe action, and not through guild or governorship)

Diplomacy thus takes 2 forms - with the other human factions and - inevitably - choosing sides in the Civil War

One good thing - you know that the Progs won't gang up on you, as try as I might as a CMN in other scenarios, I can't get them to ally, be submissive to another prog faction, or even talk or tech trade with each other.

Interesting set-up?

G.

Edit: Copied to the relevant thread as well
Old March 29, 2004, 12:14   #33
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:34
Local Date: November 3, 2010
That sounds like a better game for us to be playing.
A controllable challenge.
Old March 29, 2004, 12:38   #34
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:34
I also like this idea.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 30, 2004, 03:57   #35
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 06:34
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Sounds interesting to me.
Old March 30, 2004, 17:17   #36
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 21:34
Love it
Old March 30, 2004, 20:52   #37
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:34
Thread closed.
There is a topped thread for discussion of the next ACDG Googlie