Old October 2, 2000, 17:35   #1
Epik
Warlord

Local Time: 18:06
Local Date: October 30, 2010
B.E.R.B.S. Game
The Bird, Epik, Rah, Barono and Spider game on Saturday is definately worth continuing.

I was very impressed when Spider built Leo's workshop in 1000 BC. The wonders seem to be spread around and I do not think that one player has a big advantage. The power graph seems to confirm this fact.

I really enjoyed the Bronx cheers I got when I completed the Wall and Marco Polo near the end of the session.

I hope that we can resume the game on Friday or Saturday evenings.

Post here to declare your willingness and availablity to contine the game.
Old October 2, 2000, 18:56   #2
Spider
Warlord

Local Time: 23:06
Yeah, that was a fun one, but the last two turns were kind of a waste where we just rush bought wonders because we knew the game was ending. I'm up for continuing, (I would like to play with my new toy, LW).

I'll most likely be around at the usual time this weekend. (And that would be - between 19:00 and 20:00 Apolyton time, looking to get a game underway.)
Old October 3, 2000, 08:47   #3
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Yeah, that was one of the closer games, that I've been in. Friday 20:00 Apolyton Standard Time, I'll be at Mings looking for people. I'll try to remember to bring a copy of the saved game. (I only forget once in a blue moon)

RAH
Only beat me to Leos' by two turns, Damn
Old October 4, 2000, 01:37   #4
Spider
Warlord

Local Time: 23:06
Yeah, I'd love to continue this one, I haven't had a chance to use Leo's in an MP game. Not sure what to do with it, but I'll think of something.

I would have been stunned had you gotten to Leo's before me, Rah. I thought I had the powergraph all to myself because all the techs I discovered were white ones. Little did I know you were right there with me, and with caravans just waiting. I had two turns to go on Leo's when I noticed it was 1 AM, the time Epik calls it a night; I was afraid he'd call the game before I had my wonder; so, I rush bought it, not knowing what a great move that turned out to be. The next two turns saw a flurry of what, five or six wonders being built?
Old October 4, 2000, 08:49   #5
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

It was fun watching the changes every turn. One turn supreme, the next turn mighty, the next turn supreme. The pop demos changed everytime a person's turn started. I would go from 1st to 3rd to 1st to second.
I'll try to remember to bring a copy of this one to ming's on friday. I'll try to get a hold of barono to ask when/if he can play. This game is close enough that people shouldn't be too adverse to continuing.
There's always saturday night also.

It would have been more fun If I'd gotten Leo's just in surprise value. However, I thought I would come up just short, but as it got closer, I started getting optimistic and bang, just came of short. It was fun. The last turn wonder rush was funny also, I've never built the oracle before. At least it hadn't expired yet.

RAH
Lord of the Ferrets