Old October 24, 2000, 14:18   #1
C0ckney
King

Local Time: 00:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Giga dip update (and new players)
Following the almighty **** up that was GIGA dipo weeks 2, I want to have week 3 better planed. We will be restarting the game I think because we will have 2 new players.

So for those existing players who can play at 3pm EST on sunday, please post here or contact me on icq.

New people, we need two new people for Sundays game, if you are interested then please post here or contact me on icq (72567261)

Also I feel that I must express my anger at the behaviour of some people, I do not mind people who say they will play and then can't, as long as they tell me about it beforehand, even if its just couple of hours before start time, because this allows time to find subs. However people who say they will turn up and then change their mind at the last minute (Moker), people who say they will turn up and simply don't without telling me (dr adict) and worst of all people who say they will turn up, come on line and when I ask if they are ready for the game, mysteriously go off-line two seconds after I ask :Grr: (Caesar the Great) then I find that unacceptable.

Finaly I would like to thank Frank, Posty and Easthaven for turning up and coldwizard for giving me notice about not been able to make it

Sorry about the whinging but I felt I had to get that off my chest.

------------------
Windows 98 (windoze) a 32 bit extention of a 16 bit graphical shell for an 8 bit operating system, origalanly coded for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company who can't stand one bit of competition!
Old October 24, 2000, 15:09   #2
drake
King

Local Time: 19:08
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I dont know you or your situation, but people who pull that kind of s*** should be black listed from games if it happens on a regular basis. Why people can't keep their word I don't know. There should be some kind of network for serious players who are reliable and keep to their word. Real life commitments should always come before civ (unless you have issues), but if someone makes a commitment and then backs out of it without atleast letting you know, thats wrong man, especially if its an ongoing game. It aint whining Cockney, its the truth. You have the right to be pissed. I know I would.

Should start a new topic asking how many people really like to finish their game once they started one. I've been searching, but its really hard to find people who are willing to put the time and commitment into a game to finish it. Before I got MP Gold I anticipated a solid community of people online who wanted to play long methodical, serious games (like the game was designed to do!) with others. It was a shocker to find out how hard it is just to get a game going. It is even more shocking to find that lots of people are only interested in civilization shoot em ups- games that last a couple of hours or less. I play them, cuz theyre something to do, but I'm always thinking "CIV ain't an arcade game, this is stupid!". I have encountered some quality people but theres got to be more out there.......does anyone else feel the same as I do I wonder.............
Old October 24, 2000, 18:07   #3
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 15:08
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Even amongst diehards the finished game is very rare.Duels are the best bet but not very diplomatic and not true civ.

solution-legislation to pay people while they play civ.By the hour