Old April 7, 1999, 04:19   #1
sherwin
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
aaahhhhgg, get me out of these forums....
this is doing my head in. i bought CTP about 3 days ago, stuck it on my computer played a while and THEN came to these forums. lord above, i've spent more time here reading about it than playing the thing. ok, slight exaggeration, but i'm tying my hardest to make my own mind up on it, then i come to the forum and read a load more stuff either for or against......
so, this is it. i'm about to start another game - FINISH IT!!!!! - and then make my mind up and come back here and maybe air an opion or two thousand. incidentally, i'm not having problems finishing the game, i just love starting new games when i'm learning a game. yes, very sad, i know.

anyway, what i can say is:
a/ i'm putting civ2 out of my mind
b/ i really like the interface - v. original (rare these days) - just takes time to get used to
c/ beautiful graphics (AOE??)
d/ love the new micromanagement - but i think that will be something people will either love or hate
e/ re: the commonly spoken bad points - i haven't come across them yet, but i have made some changes to some files

check out the userprofile.txt file....thanks to another member for that, can't remember name, sorry

anyway, i'm babbling, so i'm off to thrash the **** out of someone, somewhere, somehow and then make my opions and my comparisons with SMAC

by the way, i love this SMAC vs. CTP war that is beginning - highly amusing