Old August 4, 1999, 18:55   #1
Stoel
Prince

Local Time: 07:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Top Villans
http://www.gamespot.com/features/ten...ins/index.html

I thought that was actually a fairly interesting article, and wondered if there was anything in particular to be added on? They're not really looking for like, the most villanous villans, but the exceptional ones.... uniqueness is what I'm thinking of.

Of course, I'd have to say the CyberDemon. He wasn't even really a single character in of himself, just a type of monster, but in any level where he was dropped off, he was pretty clearly the level's 'boss'. That is very impressive reusability. Also, he works just like a good bad guy should.... he's a constant obstacle to the player.

Finally, the cyberdemon seems to have been the first high-difficulty monster (not boss), and the rest of the FPS games maybe can be seen as following the tradition of the Doom series in that respect.

------------------
The One Who Guards the Deeps
Old August 4, 1999, 19:14   #2
fasteddie

the villan that freaked me out the most is the thug from resident evil 2. The first time around i fell off my chair backwards when he busted through a wall
with the sound all the way up, in the middle of the night, and the lights out... that game still scares the shi_t out of me.

------------------
i've seen the man use the needle, (seen the needle use the man) --megadeth

Old August 5, 1999, 00:49   #3
Procopius
Warlord

Speaking of Resident Evil the end boss in the first game to me was really tough. It took me a while to destroy him. Then while on the internet I found out that some Japanese kids had beat the game using only the knife. Has anyone heard of this before. It still has me in awe. I agree with you the first time I played RE I jumped when those dogs broke through the windows.

Top Villian Kane Brotherhood of NOD
Old August 6, 1999, 02:00   #4
Delthalaz
Chieftain

Lets not forget about LeCHUCK! THE MOST EVIL PIRATE TO EVER PIRATE THE SEVEN SEAS! And the bad guy from Full Throttle.
Old August 13, 1999, 13:35   #5
randomturn
Prince

Not sure you how can leave out Sirus (sp?) from Myth, the best-selling computer game of all time.
Old August 14, 1999, 20:37   #6
fasteddie

o give me a break random.. he just sat there in his book! not as scary