Old September 1, 2000, 19:30   #1
Shadowstrike
Emperor

Local Time: 02:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

M:TG is the best CCG! I play mostly swarm decks with some mild differences... except that black discard... best way to get annoying blue players grovelling.
Old September 2, 2000, 00:42   #2
Andz83

Magic the Gathering
does anyone play this? it's a collectable card game

deals with the 5 spheres of magic - white (life), black (death), blue (sorcery), red (chaos), green (nature)

the magic power (mana) is produced in special terrains

black - swamp
white - plains
red - mountains
green - forest
blue - island

with all the mana you can summon creatues and cast spells

to all who know that card game - I have to go know, please start a discussion about this! thank you
[This message has been edited by Andz83 (edited September 03, 2000).]

Old September 2, 2000, 02:19   #3
Seeker
Emperor

Do you play the computer game? It's way less expensive...

Almost every deck I played with is now illegal. Here are the ones I remember liking...

Creatureless:
1. Unbeatable millstone deck:, blue, counterspells, arcane denials, powersinks, amber prisons, icy manipulators. Even feldon's cane just delayed the inevitable.

2. Black 'pure' discard deck: Hypnotics, mindtwists, vises, hymns to tourach, ect.

3. Red direct damage: hammer of Bogardans, bolts, incinerates, pyroblast, the red sacrifice lands, ball lightning...ooo, this one could be DEADLY!

4. Landkiller deck: pure red, no shifting sands or armageddon for speed. Stone rain, earthquake (yes, really) ball lightning, inferno, mishra's factories. This was a ****ty deck created purely to kill millstone decks.

Creature decks:
Typical Pestilence deck: circles, pesty, serra angels, ect.
Crusade deck: your basic beginner deck with lots of little banders and crusades
Thrull maker: 'nuff said, except with a Sengir Autocrat

Theme Decks (bad, but fun):

Goblin Grenades!: Yes, the cheap goblins (kings too) and grenades. Basically, you hope to kill the enemy with grenades..(good only in team play)

Wierd X damage deck: get x damage cards, and mana builder-uppers like dwarven hold. Hope you can do 20 damage in one hit with your holds, sac lands, fork before the enemy kills you.

Bad Moon with swamps: Nightmares, bad moons, kormus bells, Z. orb. When they kill a land, you eat it with the orb for life, if you don't you have a hord of moon powered creatures. (bury or remove from game screws you, as do big black creatures)

Worst theme decks of all time:
Just to so off your collection, you can make the...
Elder Dragon deck!: all Elder Dragons, and thus needing all lands...if you can actually get two out before you're swarmed, you're the king.

Sengir Family Values: All the cards that say 'Sengir' on them, at least 1, even the totally useless ones. Baron Sengir, Sengir Vampires, Grandmother Sengir, Irini Sengir, Autocrat, Sengir Bat, stupid guy with forestwalk...(see if you can ever win)

Post any decks I haven't heard of yet, please.
Old September 2, 2000, 10:19   #4
Andz83

err... Shadowstrike - what is a swarm deck? a five color deck?

a friend of mine used to play a 5 color sliver deck. you should know slivers, those bastards that improve each other's abilities

Seeker - the PC version might have been cheaper but it included other cards as the CCG version! as far as I know there's not a single card included in both versions

Old September 2, 2000, 14:19   #5
Shadowstrike
Emperor

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Red "Sligh" with Ball Lightning, Hammer, etc... 4 turn kill once... Opponent wasn't expecting 14 damage4 in one turn... two Incinerates, two Fireblasts...

Andy, swarm decks are those that use tons of small creatures to "swarm" you, literally. Of course I play a swarm varient deck with generators and a few big creatures...
Old September 2, 2000, 20:10   #6
Caesar
Settler

Local Time: 07:11
I remember a green blue deck I once entered in a tourney... it had a horrible sideboard so I lost the second and third rounds but won EVERY first round...

Basically it had small creatures, river boas, rouge elephants elvish archers. Then it had giant growths etc, then unstable mutation etc. I didn't even put in counters I was so busy putting in powerups etc. It was overkill. Out of the 5 matchs I played 3 or them ended with me winning before 5 turns... this guy just sat there for like two minutes saying to himself, how the **** did this guy do 14 damage on third turn! (he had just lost)

I am thinking of 'resurrecting' this deck, except with black. I tried doing it with red (unstable mutuation became illegal) but that didn't work out I couldn't get the shear power. Especially with those sneak attack decks But now parrallex dimentia will bring back the good times... I hope A few rituals and some creature kill/discard and its back. I'll work on it sometime and then post it here.
Old September 2, 2000, 20:43   #7
Shadowstrike
Emperor

I had a Sneak once. Traded it for 3 or 4 rares and a few uncommons. Good thing too considering how hard it it to find a Phyrexian Processor around here.
Old September 6, 2000, 03:02   #8
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 15:11
I used to use either white weenie decks or blue control decks. Haven't played it for years.
Old September 6, 2000, 18:42   #9
Shadowstrike
Emperor

Type II isn't for casual players. The people who play there are either pros or willing to fork out a lot of money. I just play a Type I deck, and people in my area haven't played magic for so long so old power cards are not present.
Old September 7, 2000, 01:26   #10
Urban Ranger
Deity

I thought Type II is the one that limits and bans certain cards, esp the older ones?
Old September 7, 2000, 19:25   #11
Shadowstrike
Emperor

Type II is the one that only lets you use the newer sets. *cries over not being allowed to use his Ball Lightnings*
Old September 17, 2000, 23:41   #12
Urban Ranger
Deity

Ball Lightning + Time Elemental or Unsummon. You can get some nasty combos with Red/Blue.
Old September 18, 2000, 00:09   #13
onepaul

some of ya sound like them commentators I once heard when they showed a freaking tournement of this stuff u guys are talking about on freaking ESPN!!! okay, hunting, fishing, golf... and now this! jesus christ they must be smoking weed up in there!

------------------
only human...sigh

Old September 19, 2000, 11:57   #14
Hodad

I love this game!

If only HsFB would play...

Old September 19, 2000, 22:28   #15
Urban Ranger
Deity