Old October 23, 2000, 18:02   #1
Lord Silvi
Warlord

Local Time: 09:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Strange victory in Master of Orion 2 !!
My civilization was pretty big, but I let down weapons a bit. So my fleet was no match to the psilons!
And I hadn`t enough votes in the Council.

The psilons wiped out three planets of mine.
And they destroyed my capital!

Then 3 antaran frigates approached my largest world - only 4 turns left - but I only had a starbase for defence. I had no chance.

At the same time the large psilon fleet attacked my second largest world - in 3 turns.

Using my last money I rush buyed a cuiser, scrambled together 2 frigates left, and decided to attack the psilon fleet in the 3th turn!
The battle was hopeless. I self destructed my last ship and the battle was lost - and the game too, I thought.

Immediately after the battle, a new election in the council took place. And guess what - the stupid AI elected me to lead the galaxy!

I won the damn game when I was down.

------------------
For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know.
Old October 23, 2000, 20:28   #2
shmily_dana
Warlord

Local Time: 07:12
Once, I was being beat by the Sakkra. Lost my best industrial world in the early attacks. I was lagging in tech also. I gathered every ship and attacked the Antarean home world. Of course, that is a victory condition. It seems hard to believe that the Sakkra would cease fire if this was "real life".
Old October 24, 2000, 18:21   #3
Hendrik the Great
Prince

Local Time: 08:12
Talking of weird voctories...
In my last game a few days ago I conquered the entire galaxy with absolutely inferior ships. I mean, my very best battleship was equiped with 4 mass-catapults and the weakest AI opponent was shooting around with Disruptors and Plasmaguns! But I was wise enough to exploit my two only advantages I had. I had bettter shields and a better computer. That meant total destruction for the others...

It is very rewarding to annihilate a fleet twice the size of yours without ever being hit once. I single hit of their guns would have been enough to destroy a battleship of mine btw.

------------------
Mathias' Civ II Page
http://members.nbci.com/thalys