Old January 2, 2001, 03:08   #1
Par4
King

Local Time: 23:14
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Diablo 2 Apolyton Trading Post
Hey all I need stuff, I'm getting slaughtered. I only find the good stuff in games with 5+ people but with that many people the monsters take a ***** long time to kill and I get killed way too much.

I need
40+min damage swords and battle hammers, norm attack speed, dex AR + barb skills real nice too

Embossed plate 450+ armor, lightning cold or fire resist, + life + attack speed real nice too

If I get a real nice sword/battle hammer I need a good pavise too, superior +armor with 3 perfect diamonds would be nice 69% chance block a must

I need em cheap all I have is rune staff, ok, bonesnap unique maul, tower shield, a bunch of flawless gems

and how do I mule stuff, I have yet to figure out how to put my crap on a lower character
Old January 2, 2001, 10:58   #2
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

The only way I know of to mule stuff is to start a game with your high level character, have someone join that you trust not to rip you off, drop the stuff you want to mule, then quit and rejoin with your mule character. Obviously this needs to be a passworded game as well.

John-SJ
Old January 4, 2001, 22:21   #3
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 02:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I make a password-protected game, stick around for at least the required five minutes, exit and come back (to make sure the game will stick around), and if it does...let the good times roll!

As long as the game has been running for at least five minutes, it should last up to five minutes without anybody in it. Experience has shown that server lag can stretch this out a bit. This means if you suddenly find your character unable to enter the game, you have time to pull up another char, or even generate a new char to enter the game. It also means that in the event of a really bad crash, you have (barely) enough time to reboot, reconnect, and get a char in there (I've managed this twice)!

I have seven chars in play, plus an imbue-mule (USEast), so I have plenty of experience in negotiating these transfers.
Old January 5, 2001, 02:46   #4
Par4
King

yeah that's what I got on diabloii.net but this pisses me off

I'm using my barb again because of +2 skills so WW is pretty damage good now but anyway i found a rare gothic bow 110 max damage 60 min very fast attack speed 6 mana leech, very badass, anyway i stayed in the game for 10 min, dropped it then sent my bowazon to go get it then ****ing uswest crashed!!!!!

quickly i went ot go check and sure enough everyone was kicked off!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!
Old January 5, 2001, 19:38   #5
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Ouch.

Unfortunately, that's the risk you take. I've been lucky so far--but the possibility is always at the back of my mind.

Short of having two computers with seperate internet connections, with CDs and battlenet accounts to match, there is no guaranteed method to insure a transfer. Even the trading partner method isn't proof against a server crash; I know of one instance where a player had passed an item to a friend, and then exited the game to get his other character...the server crashed before he got back, and none of the characters in that game 'saved before exiting'. As a result, there was no item in the friend's inventory when he got into another game...
Old January 7, 2001, 01:09   #6
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Is anyone else taking advantage of the fact that the new patch allows eight characters per account per server? In addition to the eight on USEast, I now have four on USWest...

The only drawback is that you cannot transfer characters between servers, so none of the 'riches of the east' can be moved west.