Old February 9, 2001, 04:19   #1
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Anybody still play Diablo2
I am having a resurgance with this game. I am taking my paladin into nightmare now. But wish paladins weren't such weak single players. They really are only meant for team play. He is a melee paladin using vengeance and zeal in combination with convictions and holy freeze.

Are there any other melee paladins out there? It is getting too hard to hit, so I may end up investing in conversion.

I also have a jabazon in US west. I was working on another paladin in uswest, but haven't played him in a while. Same with my barbarian. barbs are boring.

------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell; and spirituality is for people like me who have been there.

You're only young once, but you can stay immature indefinately.

"These are the cries of the carrots!" You see, Reverend Dissident, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."
"Let the rabbits wear glasses!"
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........
This is necessary.
Old February 10, 2001, 09:44   #2
C0ckney
King

Local Time: 08:15
I recently started again trying to build a new necro only got to about L8 so far, so quite a lot of playing to go

never really played with a paladin, cos they aren't much cop.
Old February 14, 2001, 04:45   #3
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

aren' much what?
They are great for multiplayer. I have stopped playing my single player one for now (they are useless in single player- they just aren't strong enough for later nightmare). But I will start playing my battle.net paladin some more.

But for now I'm having fun with my jabazon amazon. I played all day today (another wasted day ). Went from level 19 to 27. I breezed through acts 2,3 and 4 without upgrading a single piece of defensive equipment. And I did the whole game without putting any points in bow or javelin skill except for 1 point in jab at level 2. Everything else went into defensive skills. So I really didn't need good armour to survive river of flame (and I didn't, I think I had def of 150) This baby is going to be a pk're when she grows up. The only character that could possibley defeat her is a barbarian (their defenses and melee skills are just too good). And if I'm unlucky and get hit by too many bone spirits a necro maybe might get me.
Old February 15, 2001, 00:38   #4
Par4
King

Local Time: 23:15
Local Date: October 30, 2010
If you want a PKer get a +2 150 VF gothic bow and lvl 20(2) multishot then fire away, you'll slaughter most thing and when they get close switch to guided arrow. +1 into slow missiles is badass too. Jabazons suck WW will slaughter you, so will Charge, a teleporting energy shield cold orb sorc will ***** slap you, bone spirit and iron maiden, you cant do damn without killing yourself!

Better max out penetrate and some of those other passive bow skills, because only bowazons are Pkers

edit: that multishot thing won't work takes too much mana
[This message has been edited by Par4 (edited February 14, 2001).]
Old February 15, 2001, 03:35   #5
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I don't know, my brother is an awesome player, and his level 31 sorceress got b!tch slapped by a jabazon. I haven't tried my bowazon since they fixed the bow damage. But they used to suck major ass. Finding a good bow was freakin' imossible. Just one jab with my pike will do in most characters. Like I said, no one can beat a barb anyways, they are way too overpowerful. And yet they still b!tched when they nerfed whirlwind. And unless that pally has 20 in charge, he won't do sh!t to me. Most pallys don't have 20 in charge, they usually have a bunch in thorns, conviction, and others useless pk auras like holy freeze.
Old February 17, 2001, 09:37   #6
C0ckney
King

Local Time: 08:15
barbs can be beaten by necors and socereses with lots of spells and remember the necro can use the lag monster (where the players lag but your golems etc. don't)