Old April 18, 2001, 03:47   #1
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 00:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Who plays Black and White- and whatever happened to game manuals?
OK I bought the game today. I was almost ready to hang it up. But finally I've had some success. And I think I can beat this game. But micromanagement in a RTS has always been my weakness. I was unaware of the amount of village management required. I just wanted to create the creature. Luckily I can leave him alone while I'm managing the village. although he once got angry and started throwing villagers around.

I still don't have a clue about the one shot miracles and how they work. and I still have no clue about the gestures? I don't understand them at all- some that were listed aren't in the game manual.

So aside from micromanagement this is my other complaint about the game. No manual. What pamphlet they provided was weak. It explained how to move around, the basics of building, and the basics of miracles that is it. Instead I'm forced to go through the tedious task of clicking on signposts throughout the game. I didnt' bother to try to find all of them in act 1 (or world 1). Finding the sheep was hard enough . Plus my eyes are more comfortable reading paper than a computer screen. I miss the days when games put out manuals as big as war and peace . but seriously, even if I didn't read the whole thing I could look stuff up.

And how do I solve the food and expansion problems in world2? I hear the micromanagement gets worse too. How much freakin' expansion do these numnuts need? And they got a huge pile of food. Arggh. I want to beat the game the good way first, but it seems more of a pain. I'm tempted to rain hell upon the lands.

------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell; and spirituality is for people like me who have been there.

You're only young once, but you can stay immature indefinately.

"These are the cries of the carrots!" You see, Reverend Dissident, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."
"Let the rabbits wear glasses!"
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........
This is necessary.
Old April 18, 2001, 15:13   #2
Eternal
King

Local Time: 02:18
I think the manual is sufficient. It should have included a little more info on how to use the leashes, and it would have been nice if the stuff in the readme was in it, but what are you gonna do?

And you shouldn't pay too much attention to your village's desires. Unless they really want homes or offspring, or they really need food or timber, tell them to buzz off. Unfortunately you have to keep a close eye on your creature, or he will not only do bad things but he will be retarded compared to the computer's creatures -in terms of knowledge anyway.
Old April 19, 2001, 00:13   #3
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 15:18
Most games don't come with a manual anymore. They do have some sort of a booklet, but I won't call that a manual.