Old January 26, 2001, 00:24   #1
KenThur
Prince

Local Time: 23:15
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Another Try @ Test of Test Multi Player
I talked to & read enuf from owners of T of T that say they want to get some use / have some fun with playing others.

I would definately like to get some MP in with the Latest & Greatest (yep, that's right, greatest) version of this series.

I frankly am getting rather tired of playing with a version that has so many (now) obvious shortcomings & easy cheats. A version that a hardcore handful of players have figured out every conceivable way to push the rules way beyond reality or reasonableness.

So if U R 1 of 10's of 000's that invested in the final version of Civ & are looking for a little more balanced, realistic adventures into a not totally disected world of fun Civ'ing... post here.

Indicate your times & days of availablity + preferred setings.

Pls be sure U have the last patch & if U can't see the map & units so well... turn up the brightness & contrast on your monitor when we play.

As for me, i'll play just about any setting, anytime, with anyone... just to get a little MP action with a new, improved set of rules.
==============================================
PS: any know if can turn on a simul mode in T of T?
Old January 27, 2001, 01:11   #2
MBloomIII
Prince

Local Time: 18:15
I would certainly be interested. I'm new to MP games but not to CIV. I'm available mostly on weekends and time is very flexible. I had ICQ but the version I downloaded was more trouble than it was worth. e-mail is in profile and I check the forums fairly frequently. As I have not played MP before, there may be a baffling array of stupid newbie questions at first (fair warning ). Hopefully there will be a good response to this.

------------------
"Reality is for people who lack faith" - Church sign

"Bible study at the Lowest Common Denominator, so you can relate!"

I gotta join this church!
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by MBloomIII (edited January 26, 2001).]</font>
Old January 27, 2001, 02:36   #3
Crustacian
Prince

Local Time: 15:15
Been thinkin the same thing on TOT being the latest version and worth playing. I would be interested on wed eves after this euro-diplo game gets finished which will be awhile.
I am surprized more don't, and was discouraged from it myself by the lack of players.
Old January 27, 2001, 03:09   #4
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 19:15
I have the game, and though I have played quite a bit of pbem with SMAX, never once have I played any multiplayer games with ToT. Would be interested.

Should go reload ToT now, then, should'nt I?
Old January 27, 2001, 16:09   #5
KenThur
Prince

Bloom... good to "see" again (just wrote response to diplo post)!
U GOTTA have ICQ to have a realistic chance to find & coordinate MP players.
---------------------------------------
Glad to see some interest. Was hoping i didn't have to turn this into a "barely-used, still-in-the-box" ad for my copy.

If someone reads this & knows where we can all download the last update/fix that would help.
I too wiped it off my computers.

As for WHEN: still up for grabs. I'll be checking on & off thruout this weekend. So ICQ me. 2 or 3 would be enuf, just to learn how / what it takes to start & run a T of T MP. Be exciting!

Old January 27, 2001, 16:22   #6
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Milo i can do TOT too... no idea where to get the latest patches though... my guess would be the Firaxis website.... they made it didn't they
Old January 27, 2001, 23:40   #7
KenThur
Prince

Well, da-a-a-h-h... the link to the patch was right here under our Apolyton home noses.
As in... http://apolyton.net/civ2/

Old January 28, 2001, 23:39   #8
KenThur
Prince

Monday 18:00 PST (GMT-8)
At leaast War4ever & i will be up & ready to start a game.
Hope some others can & will join us.
Just looking to get somthing started & see if it all works as advertised. Nothing too serious (unless of course end up w/ a good group & a good game).
Old January 30, 2001, 01:39   #9
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Well milo..... you left all in a huff....not my fault you lost 3 boats to my "super" trireme..... anyways.....i didn't bother to save it... but next time pls don't leave so quick I was just starting to WLTCD your ass

so are we going to play another TOT or are you done with it now...... let me know i will be here tomorrow probably at some point ...

Milo:
Sire i see a ship..... shall we board them? Yes! prepare the battering ram..... lets crush them! But sire , we tried that twice already?

War4ever:
Sire i see pirates off the bow! Lie still everyone we still haven't fully healed yet. Here they come brace for impact! Wow! only a minor dent.... if any of them make it to the surface hit em with your oars

All in good fun and only because you left suddenly
you hurt my feelings

Old February 2, 2001, 12:24   #10
KenThur
Prince

War4: i'm not into hanging around & being pounded by bad outcomes. 7 out of 9 even or near-even odds battles that i lost = puke!
I'v better things to do with my time... like clip my nose hairs or somthing else productive.
I'm from the, "A good loser, is a loser." school of thot.
Besides, not playing simul mode, it was being to take rather long to do each turn... for both of us.
------------------------------------------------
After doing a # of games since starting this thread, have come to some conclusions (along with most of the other players involved)...

NOTE to ALL Test of Timers:
If we can't find a way to play the newest version with fixes & rationalization of some of out-of-balance prob's... the Extended Game. There is little or no point in playing T of T MP.
It's simply too slow. The Original game, is just that; the same old rules (w/ patches applied) as CivII MPG. So why bother?

With all the brainpower involved here...
If anyone out there can figure out how to play the newest version of Civ, the Extended Game, via MP. PLEASE SHARE it here!?

Hope we can get some more use out of this thing!?
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by KenThur (edited February 02, 2001).]</font>
Old February 2, 2001, 19:32   #11
War4ever
Emperor

Milo..... was just giving you a ribbing all in good fun.... i hope i didn't offend you at all
Old February 4, 2001, 21:51   #12
SandMonkey
Prince

Local Time: 17:15
after some prodding...

I'll give this a shot I'll get my arse whooped to kingdom come, but i'll be a good sport about it

So when's the next play date?
Old February 9, 2001, 20:49   #13
King_Rizzles
Settler

Are there any plans for another game ?