Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn 37 is off to the PK.

Tig
Old February 21, 2000, 19:31   #158
Garth Vader
King

Local Time: 01:45
Turn to Morgan. Sorry I didn't do more this weekend, but I was sick and could hardly look at a screen never mind actually play turns.
Old February 22, 2000, 02:24   #159
TigToad
Prince

Local Time: 00:45
Turn is back off the PK.

----------

Subj: Espionage from Rival Factions

Report: We have detected no less than 3 hive foil teams within 6 sectors of Morgan facilities as well as military units. All units at this time appear to be of espionage origin. The sheer number of units makes it very unlikely it is mearly a scouting operation. Unless these forces quickly vacate the premises we will have no choice but to respond. Unfortunate.

-------

Tig
Old February 22, 2000, 05:33   #160
Blunderdog
Warlord

Local Time: 23:45
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Turn sent to the Hive (twice, I believe -- sorry about that).

Old February 22, 2000, 17:02   #161
Garth Vader
King

Hive official statement:

The probe teams in question are conducting training operations which require open sea. When finished their deep sea training they will retire to the fungus infested local waters for more fungus training.

--
Turn on to Morgan
Old February 22, 2000, 17:37   #162
TigToad
Prince

Newswire: Associated Press reports:
Morgan Citizens are in outrage today at the lack of offical response to the excuse Yang officials gave about the probe teams in open seas near Morganite Holdings. When Tig was finally reached, his only response was "no comment." Later however one mid ranking advisor who wished to remain anonymous said, "they're clearly must be a better reason for their encrochment into Morganite waters in such numbers. They have quite large waters around their own island, ample to perform any such maneuvers. You better believe some action will be taken if such blatent disreguard for our borders is shown in the future"

In other news, John Simmons, first aid to the Morganites secretary of state was found dead today of a massive heart attack. Apparently he'd been under a lot of stress lately.

--------------

I have the turn, and will send it on to whatever email address blunderdog has listed with apolyton, but since I'm at work I don't have my address book to send it to his new mac address (don't remember what it is). I'll also send it to myself, please if you can't get the turn at your default apolyton email, drop me a line so i can resend it tonight when I get home. (won't be till late--so hopefully you'll be able to get this file).

Tig
Old February 22, 2000, 21:15   #163
Blunderdog
Warlord

Turn is sent to the Hive.

As there are no hostilities as yet, the U.N. has nothing to say about the Hive-Morgan standoff. In the meantime, we will intensify our search for French recruits.
Old February 23, 2000, 19:40   #164
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan.

Old February 23, 2000, 20:26   #165
TigToad
Prince

Turn is off the PK..yet again tho at your original email address.. (I gotta get your new one at work).

If you'd rather I can go back to sending it to the pacbell one, as it seems to work now... otherwise I'll try to remember to forward your 'new' one to work.

Tig
Old February 24, 2000, 02:33   #166
Blunderdog
Warlord

Got the e-mail, but there was no game attached!
Old February 24, 2000, 19:34   #167
Blunderdog
Warlord

OK, got it, and sent along to the Hive.
Old February 24, 2000, 20:27   #168
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan. Although I got my turn from you way before you posted that last message.
Old February 24, 2000, 20:38   #169
Garth Vader
King

I just read the tournament rules again after noticing something strange in my turn. After I stole a tech from Morgan it asked me if I wanted to declare Vendetta on the Hive. I figured that Morgan got the same message so I thought I'd let him decide. Maybe he doesn't, this is my first email game. So it's up to you Morgan.
Old February 24, 2000, 22:12   #170
TigToad
Prince

Sigh..I'm sorry you felt that was necessary. Its a bug in PBEM games, the person who takes the action is the only one who gets the option, by rules of the tournament, we should be in a state of vendetta.. (effectively by not clicking vendetta it was a 'cheat' since I didn't know you stole the tech until this moment). Tho I was starting to wonder with all the tech equality coming to play how you were managing it.

Don't declare the vendetta, I'll do it when I get the turn back around. That way I'll call the small infraction even in exchange for me getting the 'extra' turn of energy from our treaty.

Once the vendetta's been declared we can decide if we are having peace or not from there. How many techs have you ripped from me anyway?
------

Into CEO Tig mode...

As for whether or not there will be peace again in our time..is up to you. I need to see some reparations. The whole thing would have gone much easier on us both had you just asked what you could do to get those techs from me instead of betraying our treaty and my trust in such a henious and unscrupulous fashion.

Tig
Old February 25, 2000, 00:07   #171
Blunderdog
Warlord

OK, it's back with the Hive.
Old February 25, 2000, 10:50   #172
Garth Vader
King

This is me from work, not a done turn message.

I didn't mean it to be a cheat, that's why I posted the message here as soon as I realized.

So you don't get any message when somebody steals tech from you?!? That's dumass. I only took two techs.

-----
Chairman Vader Mode

The Hive felt justified in taking this action as the Morgans were getting extra energy from our trade pact. In fact the Hive was getting NO energy from the trade pact we felt it was fair to get some of the fruit from that energy.
Old February 25, 2000, 20:38   #173
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan.

--
Hive official statement

After a search of my diplomatic options revealed no way to declare vendetta against Morgan and no way to downgrade the relationship as was required by our actions and since Morgan has not found a way to do this as I noticed we are still in treaty the Hive proposes that reparations will for now consist of continued trade which we are currently running a deficit on. Damn foriegn cars! The Hive officially asks the benevolent leader of the Morgans if he had any other repaiations in mind.

On another note despite the strong objections to probe team actions it appears that Morgan is not above using these tactics himself. A Morganic probe team was "dealt with" for being inside the Hive defense perimeter. We hope this blatently offensive action by Morgan won't jeopardize our current talks.

Warning to Peacekeepers: You have a colony pod inside one of our cities radius. We recognize that you have a legitimate claim to some of that polar continent but would ask that any city you found not infringe on our city.
Old February 25, 2000, 23:45   #174
TigToad
Prince

Turn is off to the PK.

--------
Memorandum to the Hive government:

You can talk of peaceful intentions all you want as you use espionage to get what you want. Then you are so afraid of counter espionage, a tactic we've already admitted we find repulsive, you destroy a scout vessel doing nothing more than exploring. If it was an issue of your waters you were concerned with surely asking it to leave was a better option than all out destruction. If you did not have the ask to leave option then it wasn't really in your waters in the first place and you had even less right to destroy it.

We are outraged.

Such is the outrage that where a trade treaty continuation may have been enough to ease the fears of our people before, now it is clear that we require recompense for the lost lives aboard the MSS Treasury. Compensation in the form of 125 energy credits payable over 5 years would be enough to ease our people's fears, assuming no further espionage occured.

As a sign of good faith on your part we require that you leave another of our scout vessles alone. It is currently in open water along the north shore of your island. I brought it down there for the sole purpose of finding out if your soldiers can refrain themselves. Keeping the men and women of the MSS Currency alive would go along way in seeing the validity of the good faith of the people of the Hive.

Sincerly, CEO TigToad

Old February 26, 2000, 00:58   #175
Blunderdog
Warlord

Turn is sent to the Hive.

A U.N. colony pod has stumbled upon a Hive outpost. Advisory: The Peacekeepers are not nearly as forgiving as the Morganites, especially when it comes to unarmed citizens.
Old February 26, 2000, 01:33   #176
TigToad
Prince

(again not a turn, just diplomacy)

CEO Morgan speaks via Holo TV today...

"Had the Yang government come to us and explained how their people love the Morgan goods but were concerned with a trade imbalance that could be fixed if we were willing to help construct some of our factories on Yang soil so they could make some of their own goods, we would have considered it for the sake of our good trade relations. (IE_ had you just asked for a tech or two). This blatant use of espionage, however is most unfortunate.

If the Yang government wants to get back into a state of peace with the Morganites, reparations are still required. If not, the gigantic Morgan industrial machine will have to be shifted from peaceful industry to the making of military hardware. A state of affairs the Morgan people prefer to avoid as well as, I'm sure, the Peacekeepers.

Morgan officials also let it slip that they will be asking our planetary ruler and head of the UN what his opinion of this openly aggressive act is. (Umm..this is me asking..)

CEO TigToad
Old February 26, 2000, 15:55   #177
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan

--
I will discuss with my finance minister the affordibility of your demands. You will get your response before 2148.

The Hive has decided to allow the current offending units to live despite their intrusions on our territory out of goodwill towards our planetary neighbours. If you will excuse me I have a meeting with my minister of internal security.

Old February 26, 2000, 19:52   #178
TigToad
Prince

Turn is off to the Peacekeepers.

Tig
Old February 26, 2000, 23:00   #179
Blunderdog
Warlord