Old May 2, 2000, 13:16   #151
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 02:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
2170 sent to mongoose

sorry about that! i was about to fall asleep and i thought the transfer was complete
Old May 2, 2000, 15:44   #152
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

MY 2170 sent to Korn and Sikander.

2170 report sent to Sikander, as well.

Sikander, how's that post of yours coming along?
Old May 3, 2000, 10:38   #153
Sikander
King

Local Time: 00:47
Mongoose et al,

I am waiting until 2175 until I release my report on the 1st 50 years. I am being more careful due to the fact that you haven't made contact with Korn yet.

For others who are following this challenge thread, I am facilitating the Morgan - Sparta challenge. I randomly generated games until I got a game where the players didn't start right on top of each other, or right on a landmark when the other player didn't. I got what looked like a decently balanced set up on the third try, though my criteria were limited as above.

I have received saves of the game every 5 years, and will write reports as warranted, leaving a delay period in to protect security where necessary. I will post my first report within the week if possible. Both players are playing very well, and have developed productive base areas. The game is very even so far, with Sparta having a slight edge for most of the game in the power statistics. The game is shaping up to be very interesting.

I wrote a short 'back story', which I will post now. That's it for now.

Old May 3, 2000, 10:45   #154
Sikander
King

Local Time: 00:47
Data Jack Roz and Aki-Zeta 5 pondered their fate. Sent on a survey probe to map planet's surface, they were on the other side of planet when the Unity crashed. Now they are stranded, with only enough life support for a year, and no chance of landing their probe. From their lofty perch they can see the few survivors of the Unity, trying to eek
out an existence on the strange terrain. They can also pick up the radio signals of the lucky few, seperated into two groups. Both groups (Spartans and Morganites ) are careful with their radio signals, using databursts and low directional signals. Nonetheless, the probe is well situated to intercept the signals. Between Roz and Aki-Zeta, the codes
were not too much trouble. Within two months Roz had been able to infiltrate the datalinks of the Morganites, and a week later Aki-Zeta solved the Spartan code.

"It's time we discussed our future." Aki-Zeta said to Roz, suddenly focusing her eyes for the first time in several hours.

"Whoa Grrl. Are you talking to me? You haven't said so much as an email in two days." Roz said as she turned to Aki-Zeta.

"Forgive me if I was rude, I have been very busy on an important project, which
I would like to share with you. We are doomed here it seems. Without water we cannot survive another six months, and those pioneers on the ground will be lucky to be able to build a kite by then. There is no
doubt about it, our bodies are going to die."

"Which leaves our souls, and perhaps the object of your recent labors." Roz said nonchalantely as she raised her eyes to gleen
Aki-Zeta's response, which is no easy thing.

"You witch, you infiltrated my datalinks!" Aki-Zeta barked, then pouted.

Roz smiled and tried to strike a conciliatory pose. "Sorry Aki, but I gotta say, I am honored to have been the first to hack your beautiful code. From what I have been able to understand of it, your program is the most advanced digital personality prototype that I have ever seen. Of course your security needs some work."

"And I suppose that you'll be willing to help me out in exchange for helping you
create your own digital personna. The problem is that we can't inhabit the same network. There can only be one."

"Well, I have a proposition for you. You infiltrate your digital personality into
the Spartan datalinks, and I will infiltrate mine into the Morganite's. That way we
can each have our own net to rule."

Aki pondered a bit before answering. That seems reasonable enough. Of course
you realize that eventually one of the factions on Planet is going to assimilate the
other? When that time comes, one of us will be deleted."

Roz dropped her smile. "There can only be one."

Old May 5, 2000, 23:44   #155
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Korn, what's up?

Eh. Just saw the announcement. Thread closed. Starting Morgan - Sparta Challenge Turns (Part 2)
[This message has been edited by Mongoose (edited May 05, 2000).]