Local Date: October 30, 2010
Turns of RP2 game
Players (in turn order):

QTip1976 (Hive)
JoeR (UoP)
Symil13 (Morgan)
Rob (Peacekeepers)

Moderator: Basil

Settings: Random planet, large planet, average ocean, average erosion, average native life, average cloud cover, Thinker.

Other settings: Do or Die OFF, Look First OFF, Spoils of War OFF, Blind Research ON, No Unity Survey ON, No Unity Scattering ON, Random Events.

Additional rules:

1) A faction may not use any advanced SE setting that conflicts with its agenda. For example, the Morganites may not use the Green setting, because it conflicts with Market. They could use Simple economics, because that is not an advanced SE setting.

2) A faction may not win a cooperative victory with another faction with an incompatable agenda. In this particular game, this means that the Hive may not win a cooperative victory with the Peacekeepers.

3) Research settings: Factions emphasize their "default" interests when researching. (The default interests are:
Hive: Conquer, Build
Morgan: Build
Peacekeepers: Explore, Discover
University: Discover

4) No cheats. Refer to the various cheats threads if you are unsure, or pose a question here.

5) This is a role-playing-oriented game, so play your faction to the hilt, and don't worry too much about winning!

Old June 17, 2000, 20:29   #2
Q_tip1976
Warlord

Local Time: 02:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
First turn sent off to Joer.
Old June 18, 2000, 02:10   #3
joer
Prince

Local Time: 07:47
I received the Hive's turn, instead of my own. No password was set, no move was made.

what's the latest judgement on comfreqs: no comfreqs, no email conversation until we meet? Or is there another ruling?

suggestion: In my own experience, most people use the following naming scheme for sav and zip files:
(gamename)-(faction to be played)-(year).sav/zip

So the turn I would receive would be like:
RP2-UoP-2101.zip
I suggest we use the same naming convention.
-joer (also known as Professor Joseph Rakharov)

[This message has been edited by joer (edited June 18, 2000).]
Old June 18, 2000, 15:38   #4
Basil
Warlord

Local Time: 23:47
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I ruled for commfreqs: No commfreq or private email conversations until people meet.

Reasons: The vote was 2-2. Since this is an RP game and the AI's are supposed to add atmosphere to the game, not just be easy targets, if the players had communications from the start I would have had to give it to the AI's from the start too. That could mean everyone going to 7 techs right from the start, which is perhaps not a good thing - part of what I wanted to establish with these games is some of the atmosphere of SP that is lost in MP.

I am not sure how much difference this actually makes, if MP games imply everyone contacting everyone within 20 turns anyway. And it would be bad if one person did in fact wind up isolated while everyone else traded techs like mad.
Old June 19, 2000, 04:08   #5
joer
Prince

Local Time: 07:47
The turn I received from Clanmaster was again the one for the Hive.

However, the reason of why I am posting is a different one:
I do not start with an extra colony pod.
Am I allowed to draw a Mulligan? In the tournament, that's a valid reason for a restart. Yes, I know that this game isn't so much about winning, but having only half as much bases from the start as the rest is a huge disadvantage.

Oh, yeah, and if we do restart the game, I definately want to start with Centauri Ecology as first tech, rather than Doctrine: Mobility.
-joer.