Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn played and sent to Misfit.
Old March 17, 2001, 14:48   #94
Viriato
Prince

Local Time: 08:07
M.Y. 2128 sent to the UoP.

We just spoted a UoP probe in our waters. We expect it to redraw immediatly or we'll be forced to do something about it.

You sure have a lot of nerve Provost. After all you said about us beeing dangerous and the effort you took to put everyone against us we find YOU stealing OUR pods and spying on us. Nice attitude...
[This message has been edited by Viriato (edited March 17, 2001).]
Old March 18, 2001, 01:58   #95
Misfit
Chieftain

Turn sent to Viriato. See you next Friday.....

Misfit
Old March 21, 2001, 12:39   #96
Myronides
Warlord

Local Time: 10:07
Excuse me, Chairman?!
I have more nerve than you can posibly imagine. I don't remember us comming to any agreements about dividing the Unity Pods. What gives you the right to tell wich of the unity pods belong to me and wich don't? What do you mean spying? Being currious to investigate how come the hive own as many techs as the UoP does in this game, I am, of course. And what do you mean spoted a probe team? Why do you say you expect it to withdrow, after you kill it? Are you suposed to be agree now?

Attaking without warning is what anyone could expect from the Hive, I guess. But I would respect you more if you actualy said you want to start a war against me, instead of keep on whining about my attitude.

I couldn't care less if you need superior intelligence than the one you have to understand my resoning, you can always ask someone more clever than you. Also, in case your english are not helping you enough, buy yourself a dictionary to read and understand this: YOU owe ME 200 energy credits as compensation for the killing of my skimship probe team.
Old March 21, 2001, 12:45   #97
Myronides
Warlord

Uoops! I "missed" your wedding, Misfit! Best wishies! Hope you have a happy new life
Old March 21, 2001, 18:57   #98
Viriato
Prince

I think the effort you put in your research is starting to uppset your brain Provost.
Let me clarify a few things:

1. I see the notion 'territorial waters' doesn't mean anything to you. Early on our colonization we discussed a way to divide the territory in wich we would divide the land between us in half. The only objection you putted was creating a 'no man's land' in the middle to make you feel more secure. As you sure are aware your probe was well inside MY half, so the pods you are popping (God knows how many have you already stolen) were MINE.

2. All the techs I own were researched or traded. I haven't stolen anything from anyone unlike you. Fortunately for me your embargo was not followed by all the leaders in this planet. There are some people who prefer to think with its own head.

3. I had the chance to attack and destroy your pathetic spy ship but I DID NOT. I choose to warn you before to give you a chance to apologise for your intrusion. Instead you insulted me and falsely accused me of destroying your ship! I dare you to prove what you say!!!
Presuming your ship was indeed destroyed, the most probable cause was a IoD attack. Probably a IoD unleashed from a pod by your own ship. I would say that you got what you deserved.

4. If anyone here is in debt is you Provost. You own me big time for all the pods you stole from me. And be assured that I will get my money back to the last penny.
But if you want something from me you know where to find me. So just come and get it.

5. I look forward to ear Prime Minister Jeff's opinion on this matter. Are the peaceful and friendly Peacekeepers going to support your agressive politics?
[This message has been edited by Viriato (edited March 21, 2001).]
Old March 21, 2001, 20:39   #99
drake2000
Chieftain

Turn played and sent to Misfit.
Old March 21, 2001, 21:03   #100
drake2000
Chieftain

As for the PK take on the current situation. I beleive the main cause is simple misunderstanding between you two. I'd prefer not to take a side on this issue.

However, it was not appropriate for Myronides to claim you owe him for a destroyed ship. There is no evidence to support the fact you destroyed it. Since Myronides has no proof that you did destroy his ship it is only reasonable to believe you when you say you didn't you really didn't. It probably was an IoD.

And, if you, Viriato, actually did warn Myronides to back off with the probe team, then Myronides was actually violating your territory when he continued on his way. I am uncertain as to what really happend, however.

"What do you mean spying? Being currious to investigate how come the hive own as many techs as the UoP does in this game, I am, of course. "
And, this statement made by myronides isnt good reason to infiltrate the Hive's datalinks (spying). Accusing someone of cheating isn't honorable when you have no evidence.

I don't know about the pod issue. I do know that it isnt "neighborly" to pop pods in other people's waters. That's just provoking them. But I also dont know for certain that Myronides actually popped ANY of your pods. So let's discontinue the accusations until we settle what really happend.

Myronides, did you get the Hive's warning to back off?
Old March 25, 2001, 15:43   #101
Viriato
Prince

M.Y. 2129 sent to the UoP.

I would like the Provost to explain me and the other leaders how could I have attacked one of his units without ending our treaty.

I warned the Provost in MY2128. It's written here in the board as you all can check. I understand that he could not redraw as his ship was destroyed (I found an IoD in the area this year BTW) but an apologie was due. Instead he decided to provoque me even more. Our treaty is now meaningless.

By comparing the map of this planet when we got here and my updated map I can verify what pods are missing. Besides the Provost's answer in this board was an implicit confirmation that he had popped pods inside my waters. I have now the right to do the same inside his territory.
Old March 27, 2001, 14:09   #102
Myronides
Warlord

Chairman: I noticed a rover of yours rught outside one of my bases. To be honest, I was very tempeted to attack it, but to give you the benefit of the doubt, just in case I actualy misunderstood you and you don't mean to start a war against me, I give you next turn to withdrow and seek for pods elseware.
Old March 27, 2001, 14:26   #103
Myronides
Warlord

About the pods thing: Since there is no specific agreement between the two of us, all pods still belong to Unity, no matter where they happend to fall on Planet. I don't see you having more rights on them than me or any other leader. About my probe ship: Infiltrating data links is not an act of war according to the U.N. charter, but even if it was I still would do it, for obvious defencive reasons. I send my ship over there for no other reason, you have nothing usefull for me to get anyway. I did get your warning, but my ship was allready destroyed by then. I have to admit though, I can't be sure it was you who sunk it.
No matter what, if you want war from me, you 'll have it, and you wont like it. If you don't, stay away from my bases and I 'll do the same for you. (You never know, we might actualy find a proper way to communicate some day).
Old March 27, 2001, 19:14   #104
drake2000
Chieftain

Turn played and sent.
Old March 28, 2001, 07:02   #105
Misfit
Chieftain

Just for the record, treaty / pact or not, any probe team found within my borders will be destroyed by my troops immediately. If you want to probe me, fine, but don't expect me to make it easy for you.

Since Hive and UoP are sniping at each other, I just want to make clear where I stand on that issue as well. All pods are fair game to me. So far I have popped one pod in another player's territory (which promptly got overrun with mindworms), but generally I have tried to move directly out of a player's territory when I discover it. I will only pop pods that are directly in my path out of the territory.

Turn sent to Viriato.
Old March 28, 2001, 19:46   #106
Viriato
Prince

M.Y. 2130 sent to the UoP.

Provost,

You're right about one thing: we do have a communication problem.
First you tell me redraw and seek for pods elsewhere, wich means that I cannot look for pods in your territory. But then you say the the pods belong to the Unity so you can look for pods in mine!!!!
You must think you're some kind of god or something.

In case you haven't noticed we are already at war. A war for the pods. And, in fact, I'm actually enjoying it. You see, I do my best to avoid fights, but I never turn my back on any. And it will take more than hollow threats to impress me.

P.S. - I think that Misfit has just extended the 'pods war' to the whole planet .
Old April 4, 2001, 14:19   #107
Myronides
Warlord

Yes, chairman, I don't know what to think about your actions. You place a military unit right outside a base of mine, and you justify this by inventing a new turn, this "pods war". Anyway, I see your rover is now 2 squares from my base. If you intend to drive it away, we avoid war. I stay allert in case this is just a tactical move to bring more units.
Old April 4, 2001, 21:29   #108
drake2000
Chieftain

Turn played and sent.
Old April 5, 2001, 18:33   #109
Viriato
Prince

M.Y. 2131 sent to the UoP.

We have spotted another UoP's probe heading for our bases. This time we decided to destroy it considering that the Provost was already warned. We will do the same to any other faction's probe that is considered a threat.

P.S. - We couldn't help notice that all the leaders of this planet were pacted. I wonder why are we not surprised?
Old April 11, 2001, 15:37   #110
Myronides
Warlord

Dear chairman, please explain to the other leaders how could I know where your bases are, to send a probe team there. The probe team you just killed right outside my base was there to pop a unity pod. Of course, I could use it to buy your misserable rover with it, to get your military forces away rom me, but I prefared to leave it there so you can show to the rest of the leaders your true intantions, as you did.
Dear chairman, please axplain to the other leaders how do you happen to know the diplomatic relations between them. Who's datalinks did you infiltrate and when? How could you do that, you, a peacefull person who thinks infiltration is such a provocation?
Old April 11, 2001, 17:22   #111
drake2000
Chieftain

2132 sent to Gaians
Old April 12, 2001, 21:18   #112
Misfit
Chieftain

Gentlemen:

Viriato, you did not ask, and I did not offer the information of whom I was pacted with. Quite frankly it wasn't any of your business. You never offered me a pact and I didn't need to feel the need to pact with you. You'll notice that I did not inquire about your affiliations either. At the time the pact made good sense and value to both UoP and myself.

I have already publicly said that I disagree with UoP's stance on the use of probe teams. I have also said I will destroy any probe team in my territory from any faction regardless of my treaty / pact status with them. I'm prepared to accept the consequences of this action if it offends other players.

Your destruction of his probe team indicated an act of war and automatically activated our alliance.

Since I have already indicated my position on probe teams yet a probe team action was commenced, I have opted to cancel my pact with UoP. I continue to wish peaceful relations and will honour any commitments I have made.

I cannot however, in good faith to either you or UoP, make peace with you while maintaining my pact with UoP. As a result I wish to offer you both peace treaties.

While I doubt that will be satisfactory to either of you, I hope you can appreciate that I do not want to condone or condemm either parties actions. If UoP wishes to continue probe actions against you I do not want to continually have to negotiate peace treaties with Hive.

Should military hostilities commence between the two of you, I will have to reconsider my position, I wish peaceful and profitable relations with all parties.

Regards
Misfit

Old April 12, 2001, 22:56   #113
Viriato
Prince

Open letter to Provost Theo

For all that I know you may already have infiltrated me and even stolen my map. I have no way of knowing that for sure.
I know that you are frustated because you didn't get a chance to buy my rover and send it against me but I don't intend to make your life easier. On the contrary.
I know that all of you were pacted because all the other leaders declared vendetta against me. Fortunately we already straightned things.
I know that the use of probe teams is very common but those who use it must be prepared for the consequences when they are spotted. Loosing a couple of probes is the least they can expect.
After all the trouble you took to create an embargo against me did you really expected us to be friends?! I am peaceful to my friends but you are not one of them.

At least now we all know where we stand.

Chairman Viriato

M.Y. 2132 sent to the UoP.
Old April 17, 2001, 14:15   #114
Myronides
Warlord

Turn sent to PKs.
Old April 17, 2001, 17:20   #115
drake2000
Chieftain

Turn played and sent.
Old April 19, 2001, 18:38   #116
Viriato
Prince

M.Y. 2133 sent to the UoP.
Old April 25, 2001, 17:36   #117
Viriato
Prince

I'll be away for a few days at the beach until monday night. Sorry for the delay.
Old May 2, 2001, 17:13   #118
drake2000
Chieftain

Turn played and sent.
Old May 3, 2001, 19:20   #119
Viriato
Prince

M.Y. 2134 sent to the UoP.