cbn
Prince

Local Time: 04:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
2167 on to the Denizens

--------------------------------------

"Prophet . . . . prophet, have you seen the latest dispatches?"

Prophet cbn came out of his meditative trance, "Yes, most troubling."

The advisor continued, " The messages of Qtip are most offensive. He orders you not to pursue your native children a mere 1 tile across their border. As if a minor border transgression matters in the quest for Oneness with Planet. Their attitude is laughable. I know they are unbelievers in the true path of Planet but do they not know that joining with native life and communing with Planet are at the core of our faith? They must understand the depth of this insult to you and all believers of the true Path. Word has spread to the faithful and the people are angered but restrained. The converted native life is resonating with fury at the thought that they could not seek their wild bretheren. You must speak with them."

The prophet sighed and looked at each of his gathered advisors, " My children, never underestimate the ignorance of others to the true path. I know that the insult to us seems deliberate and grave but have your classes in cultural diversity taught you nothing? It is possible that no slight was intended."

The intelligence advisor broke in " But revered one, this insult comes at the same time as a military build-up by the Drones. We have had years of peace and then suddenly there is a message that they must know would be an insult. At the very same time there was a switch to military production in each of the border bases. "

The ambassador to the Drones chimed in " . . . and the message was from Qtip himself. Our religious beliefs are widely known. They are definitely no secret. For Qtip to be ignorant of them is a most telling insult. It would be as if you sent Qtip a message ridiculing attampts to better the welfare of workers"

The prophet sighed, "It appears they may have hostile intent. Place all units on high alert. Send a dispatch to Qtip questioning his actions. let us move into the situation room to consider our options"
Old June 5, 2001, 05:40   #122
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 04:13
turn sent to Pirates.
Old June 5, 2001, 06:16   #123
cbn
Prince

Channel 10 Cult news report

This station has learned that the Drone leader Qtip sent an inflammatory message to the Cult in a formal communique today. Although the prophet has had no comment, sources inside the High Chapel have confirmed that an official Drone transmission from Qtip to the prophet indicated an intent to deny religious freedom in certain geographic areas. Details of the actual message are not available at this time but sources indicate that the drones would seek to prevent communing with wildlife in even their most frontier areas.

WE now go to Gotit Rite who is on location outside the High Chapel. " The official word from the office of the prophet is that they have no comment at this time. However sources inside the High Chapel indicate that the prophet spent several hours sequestered with his advisors before moving to meditation to seek the guidance of Planet. The mood is one of bewilderment and anger within the High Chapel. Officials find it difficult to understand how a world leader could send a message that insulted the core value and beliefs of the entire faction. Apparently there was no equivocation as the Drones would seek to deny access to native life in the border regions. Officials are now waiting for the prophet to appear and an announcement to the nation is expected shortly"

Thank you Gotit Rite.

In other news, Units of the 10th national guard based here in Wellness of Souls were mobolized at the base in Fort Temple. Military spokesmen stated that it was merely a training exercise to test emergency readiness. However reports indicate that similar exercises occurred throughout the Cult homeland. Analysts believe that the High Chapel is preparing for civil unrest as word of the "Drone Insult" spreads.

In hockey action
the Holly rollers knocked off the True Path 3-1 while the Sisters of Planet and the Friends of the Worms Tied 3-3
Old June 5, 2001, 08:45   #124
The Commodore
Prince

Local Time: 08:13
Turn to Q-tip.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Safe Haven Times

Commodore Gibson met with the mean green CBN today, eduring yet another tirade. The Commodore gave the Times a rare interveiw, telling what went on.

"He's rather unhinged! Aparently, he was hunting mind worms in Q-tip's land. Not that that's unreasonable. After all, Q-tip wasn't using them. However, it is perfectly within Q-tip's rights to order the hunters away from his territory, and so, when he asked, we retreated.

"CBN, on the other hand, began skawking about 'the oneness of Planet' and all."

So that's the real deal. Hopefully, The Commodore will still perswade CBN ---*

*story continued, page A5

In other news: Dravis Rayson wins second planetary Jungle Memorial golf tournament.

Fire rages on 5th street, arson might not be the cause!

New reports on the ethics of genejacking.
Old June 5, 2001, 21:50   #125
Q_tip1976
Warlord

Local Time: 03:13
2168 to cbn

---------------

Public address of Foreman Q-tip to the Free Drone peoples and the Planet.

---Citizens and fellow Chironians, recently Cult military forces were detected by our sensor arrays within striking range of Miners Freehold. Cult Penetrators have also been discovered overflying Free Drone airspace. We have requested that Cult forces respect our boarders and they have not complied. This information coupled with inflamatory transmissions from Prophet cbn himself have lead me and my advisors to conclude an invasion by this milataristic, fundamentalist regime may be iminent.

Steps have been and will continue to be taken to ensure the life and liberty of all the workers are protected. I do not invite conflict but if it becomes unavoidable I have every confidence that the Free Drones will face this threat with valor and dignity. I am also confident we will prevail.

The Cultists grow jealous of our wealth and industrial might. That is the source of this aggression, not some befudled religious principal. They mean to take from us what our blood and sweat has created. Prophet cbn is a lunatic and we cannot allow his fell shadow to fall on the hearts of the workers.

In the past the Free Drones have been a flexible rod bending to the will of the Prophet's madness. It is time for us to become inflexible, the unyealding sheild of liberty, the smashing hammer of justice!!---
Old June 6, 2001, 04:10   #126
cbn
Prince

2168 to the denizens
---------------------------------------

The prophet was handed the latest dispatch from the Drones, read it carefully and stated " BEFUDDLED RELIGIOUS PRINCIPLES !! They insult the very core of our existence. It is war"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Channel 10 News report

The heroic Guardians of the faith had a successful campaign today in forwarding the True faith. Craftsmans Keep fell without any Cult losses and we are pleased to report that we are now in possession of the Weather Paradigm. Cult forces are now on the outskirts of Miners Freehold which is now empty of defenders. A military spokesman stated that he was pleased with the performance of the troops as the campaign has resulted in zero Cult fatalities to date. The Drones are expected to mount a counteroffensive and it is inevitable that some of our heros will be martyred in the quest for the true path.

In the streets today there were demonstrations in favor of the the religious Crusade. Most demonstraters indicated a willingness to accept diversity across Planet but that the egregious insults of the Drones were simply too much to bear. Trying to deny access to native life when in your sight was considered to be an unthinkable hardship to the faithful. As one demonstrator put it "The Drones want to deny us our fundamental religious freedoms".

Last edited by cbn; June 6, 2001 at 10:47.
Old June 6, 2001, 12:59   #127
cbn
Prince

AN Open Address to the Peoples of Planet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honored citizens of Planet,

By now you will heard of the outbreak of hostilities between the Drones and our Cult. This altercation was necessary for the protection of our people against a group that ridicules, and more importantly prevents us from exercising, some of the most fundamental tenants of our religion.

We are committed to freedom of religion however. While it is our belief that Planet is the One True Path, we respect that all citizens have the right to their own determinations as to their own faith. Planet has directed us that its will is that all adherents be both willing and eager to find the Path.

We therefore have no quarrel with any other faction on Planet other than the Drones. The automatic pacting networks have caused both the Denizens and University to declare vendetta against the Cult but it is my sincere hope and expectation that peaceful relations will be restored. We have refrained from taking any aggressive action against either nation despite vendetta status and ask you as citizens to counsel your leaders to seek a restoration of peace. I do not believe that the offensive actions of the Drones should require other nations to engage in war.

As for the Drones, the situation has progressed too far. Our entire people is committed to our cause. The Drones view's threaten our very existence. But the dispute need not spread beyond the Drones and Cult. We pledge that we shall not attack any nation other than the Drones unless they cross our borders for offensive purposes. Religious adherents practicing ANY faith are always welcome in our lands to practice and religion that does not damage Cult people of property.

We are however announcing increased air security patrols on all boundaries during the continuation of hostilities. These patrols hae orders to monitor activity on all boundaries. However to de-escalate matters, and as a sign of our good intentions, we are pulling back all of our land troops from the boundaries with the Denizens and University. We ask that they do the same.

It is hoped that our dispute with the Drones will be a short one and that peace may be restored to the entire world. Go with Planet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I just realized something. In Axt 042 I just got attacked by the Cult (or those fundamentalist fanatics as I like to call them) in a game in which I am the Drones. So I am on each side of a Drones -Cult war. So excuse me if I get confused LOL. (It is an interesting mental exercise to contempate the abilities of each so fully. I keep hoping to be alert enough to catch a technique in one game that I can try to use in the other)

Last edited by cbn; June 6, 2001 at 13:13.
Old June 7, 2001, 20:55   #128
The Commodore
Prince

Where is Anunikoba?
Old June 7, 2001, 22:59   #129
cbn
Prince

Beats me-- Anunikoba is usually a real fast player so something must have come up

Edit-- I emailed to see if the turns were received but no response

Last edited by cbn; June 8, 2001 at 09:05.
Old June 10, 2001, 19:45   #130
The Commodore
Prince

So...shall we get a replacement?
Old June 10, 2001, 20:05   #131
cbn
Prince

I do not know about a replacement yet. Anunikoba emailed me back later on Friday with this message

"Yeah sorry, I have been a little preoccupied, so I will be playing the turns very soon.
Again, sorry about the delay. I am sure you are just itching to get the turns again!"

--------------
I have emailed Anunikoba again about whats going on. I would tend to wait a couple of more days before going the replacement route . You never know what real life stuff could be happening (and the delay is only 4 days in this one so far).
Old June 11, 2001, 03:20   #132
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

I have resent what I have. Otherwise, I never recieved the latest turns.
Old June 11, 2001, 07:48   #133
cbn
Prince

Anunikoba

The last turn I sent you in this game should be 2168 which I sent you on June 6th. On the 8th I inquired and you indicated you had them and would play them soon. I guess if you sent those earlier they must have gotten lost in cyberspace since it seems commodore did not get them (Cyberspace is weird-- I once received an email 4 days after it was sent and I've had stuff disappear before).

So if the 2168 turn (and the Axt043 turn with it) have been sent on, the game is going again and Qtip and I can see the status of our battles soon. I know I am anxious to see what he plans to do to my troops.
Old June 11, 2001, 19:09   #134
Sarxis
Emperor

I never did get 2168. What I have played and saved in my folder is 2167. I must have been thinking of the 2167 turns when you made your inquiry. Please resend 2168, and I will play it immediately!
Old June 11, 2001, 20:35   #135
cbn
Prince

Gosh Durn it

So the problem was you never got my turns that I sent you on the 6th and wrote and inquired by email to you on the 8th? Oh well they are now resent 2168 and also 2138 in AXT 043.
Old June 12, 2001, 01:38   #136
Sarxis
Emperor

Turn finally sent. Sorry about the long delay and confusion! More than likely, I just screwed up the turns and deleted something I shouldn't have!

Arrghh!
Old June 12, 2001, 22:44   #137
The Commodore
Prince

Turn to Q-tip, minus a base.

Glad to be back in biz.
Old June 12, 2001, 23:34   #138
Q_tip1976
Warlord

Local Time: 03:13
2169 sent to cbn.
Old June 13, 2001, 05:34   #139
cbn
Prince

2169 on to the Denizens

The intelligence advisor approached "we have news that the Commodore has attacked Qtip in the East and captured a base. The official reports are that he is quoted as stating he is being a good ally to his pactmate but some analysts already believe that the Commodore is using this as an opportunity to extend his empire"

Cbn reflected for a moment " It matters not the reasons. The commodore has shown to be a trustworthy ally. Planet shall prevail".
Old June 14, 2001, 00:44   #140
The Commodore
Prince

Turn to Q-tip, minus another two bases.
Old June 16, 2001, 20:25   #141
cbn
Prince

2170 to the Denizens

Qtip of the Drones continues to fall to the onslaught and according to inteloligence is down to 4 bases.
Old June 17, 2001, 02:32   #142
Sarxis
Emperor

Turn sent.
Old June 17, 2001, 17:14   #143
The Commodore
Prince

Turn to Q-tip.
Old June 18, 2001, 11:12   #144
cbn
Prince

I played and sent a turn to the Denizens last night but could not access the Apolyton board.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Cult News

Reports from the defense Ministry indicate that the Drones are now down to 3 bases. It is believed that, barring the unforseen, the Drones will be eradicated and that the spirit of their honored leader Qtip will be freed from this world, to be reborn on other worlds as Qtip sees fit.
Old June 18, 2001, 11:56   #145
Sarxis
Emperor

Turn sent. Sorry it took an extra 12 hours to get this turn out, but terranx.exe crashed with a fatal error, and afterwards the game was somehow corrupted. I had to completely reinstall the entire game. ??

But anyhow, I will be away Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I will play my turn either Thursday when I get back home, or Friday first thing!
Old June 18, 2001, 14:38   #146
The Commodore
Prince

Turn to the poor Forman...probably his last.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Safe Haven Times

On the eastern front this month, nothing much has been happening. Our rover squadrons are still pushing on to Guild House.

On the western front, however, our leaders report that the Free Drone forces in that sector are uterly destroyed. Our crack Copter squadron made hits against the Drone teraformers, which would have been left alone had they not taken up arms to stop our rovers from landing.

Our great and powerful Slash rovers then landed and quickly took out the garisons around Liberty Plant. Recon rover unit A#29 then landed inside the city.

On the sea, task force Sandblast detected a Free Drone transport in the southern seas. The task force managed to capture the transport, only to have it destroyed by a sealurk a week later.
Old June 19, 2001, 09:55   #147
cbn
Prince

Prophet cbn smiled serenely down at the faithful. " It is done. Soon the Drones shall no longer pollute and hurt our children. We shall begin again to enjoy a period of peaceful co-existence according to the will of Planet."

" But revered one, what of the other factions"

" Well the Spartans and the Pirates are revered aliies and the Denizens have shown themselves to be a faction that values and respects Planet. Yang is a misguided fool and we shall likely send technical support in any efforts the Commodore makes against them. The University is an annoyance as they continually send secret agents toward our lands. It is futile really. Between our sensor nets and air patrols, they never get close to us. Perhaps a small expeditionary force will be sufficient to punish them for their insolence."
Old June 19, 2001, 23:01   #148
cbn
Prince

2172 to the Denizens
Old June 21, 2001, 23:51   #149
Sarxis
Emperor

Turn sent to Pirates.
Old June 22, 2001, 13:02   #150
The Commodore
Prince

Turn to Q-tip.