MP3 = War4ever
Hydeyshans = Zylka
Carnadians = carnide
Markoidians = Markus
Americans = agharta
English = bakunine
THE DEITIANS = deity

---------------

Missive from The Deity to Captain Deiticus 425BC....

Dear Captain Deiticus,

I congratulate you on reigning SUPREME at the end of the first epoch on this newly acquired planet of DION.
You have masterfully conquerd an entire continent of savages and moved through leadership phases of Monarchy and now Republic since 725BC.

However, may I remind you that you have been exceedingly lucky. You kept acquiring new technologies from these savages and fortunately did not delay the Monarchy advance which you luckily acquired in the 3rd millenium BC.

BUT you nearly lost *deiticity* to a wild seafaring tribe. Do you realise the consequences of such a loss? I'll have your head on pike if you drop your guard like that ever again. If it wasn't for your impeccable record you'd be relegated to serving on another planet where operations are of a more *diplomatic* nature...

I applaud your peaceful contact with an intersting civilisation called the Hydeyshans. I suggest you continue to befriend this industrious nation and note that a dipolomatic envoy is sailing to that country.

You have met with great success in the North Arctic region and happened upon another Horseman from the Markoidian race. A tense stand-off occurred on opposing mountains in a narrow strip of terrain. They destroyed the local villages we'd been seeking and both sides now remain fortified in that God-forsaken region.

You must warn other nations about these polar land links and clearly stake out your continent.....

Now, my fine Captain, I have heard on the wind that a particular empire is mass-producing Wonders of the World. Are you going to sit back and let that happen? That empire was probably very lucky in acquiring additional cities... enough perhaps to allow them to concentrate on Wonder production, utilising trade devices....

Seek out other lands and discuss these issues of world importance!

Yours truly,

deity

------------------
*deity of THE DEITIANS*
aka: half-assed dieticians
icq# 8388924
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by deity (edited March 04, 2001).]</font>

Old March 4, 2001, 06:41   #2
deity

Put the game progress graphics here....

Session One

State of play at 450BC

------------------
*deity of THE DEITIANS*
icq# 8388924

Old March 6, 2001, 21:58   #3
markusf
King

Local Time: 23:18
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Everyone is to ashamed to post, since they have nothing to talk about. Everyone else is just pond scum compared to the glorious egyption empire.

Whats your biggest accomplishment? building an archer?
Old March 8, 2001, 06:18   #4
deity

Well, my purple is Supreme and spotless (a little hard to see on the graph) and carnide is virtually the same as you and I, Markus.

What's the point of building a civ full of Wonders, probably only protected by the odd warrior, and one day to be acquired by other civs

------------------
*deity of THE DEITIANS*
icq# 8388924

Old March 16, 2001, 04:03   #5
deity

*bump*

You unimaginative slackers.....

------------------
*deity of THE DEITIANS*
icq# 8388924

Old March 16, 2001, 08:09   #6
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 09:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I would post stories but I was given the arse from this game by Deity so his little buddies could play, not letting you down are they D?

------------------
I am the real Troll
A.H. is a nice guy
Sooky Sooky La La
Old March 16, 2001, 21:34   #7
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

[Enter Usurper Zylka (Hydeshan), and Sir Advisor]

UZ - Oh whoa is me, that I must sit another dreadfully drab day in this throne. Yet what a noble sole I am for lending my genius to this pack of ungratefuls! Sir Advisor - Fetch me my brew at once; so I might brave another day in this pit.

SA - My apologies M'lord, Starbucks is not yet open.

UZ - Bah! Well then, we shall proceed to the day's planning without it.

SA - Grant me your will sir, and I will see it carried out amongst the other advisors.

UZ - Bah! What to do with this troubled little empire, when the land it sits upon is worth little more than an eggshell? The climate is too dry, the earth sandy and worthless... such conditions make it too difficult to cultivate crops, yet even my lowly subjects need to eat. I tell you, these wretched geographic conditions are a curse! As such my people will grow far and few, pathetic little savages of wild temperment and slow wit...

SA - Your strict adherence to the ideas of environmental determinism are a little old fashioned m'lord, most universities now side with possiblism...

UZ - Universities?! Strange you must always talk of what does not exist. You haven't even built sufficient amounts of libraries!

SA - As I would have with a sufficient treasury... but it seems that the incompetent raiding parties and their riches of ransom favor other lands. We can not capture what does not present itself.

UZ - Enough playacting! How sits our state international of affairs?

SA - Well as you know, we only have contact with two nations, the Americans and the Deitians. Agartha of the Americans seems a little hostile to the entire civ community, having publicly announced his recent construction of a ballista - his "big, mean, machine which tosses large objects".

UZ - I see. A force to be reckoned with?

SA - Hardly. He has been sniveling and begging for our assistance in setting up a republic in his backward nation, which at 450 B.C. is quite alarming. Imagine that he does not have republic at this age! I can practically hear the public castration of his science advisor!

UZ - And the Deitians?

SA - We are on favourable turns with them, and have been presented a rather cooperative attitude likewise. If anything, I forsee them being our lifelong allies in this game like situation. The only complaint I might muster is Deity's care free attitude. Much progress would have been made had he not taken so damn long to move his peasant workers to and fro .

UZ - Tis a pain I'd rather you not remind me of... Oh whoa is me!

SA - Me thinks though doth protest too much m'lord? Perhaps you would have been happier had the previous king Hydey not met such a mysterious demise(thereby putting yourself in power)? *cough cough*

UZ - Enough sass talk, impudent strumpet! [Whispers] Besides which, his daughter Hamleta seems the case of growing suspicion, keep your voice down!

SA - Very well sir...

UZ - Take 5, Sir advisor. I have a fire in my loins that can only be quenched by the lovely Queen Hydey. At least this strenuos usurping business has it's perk benefits. Muha!

[Exit]
Old March 17, 2001, 06:52   #8
Hydey
Emperor

Beware oh poor civ playing Zylka it was Deity the forked tongued one who shafted Hydey from this game when he was here to play .

The Queen Hydey you so desire is infact a deitian spy infested with many sexually transmitted deseases given to her by Deity himself.

------------------
I am the real Troll
A.H. is a nice guy
Sooky Sooky La La
Old March 17, 2001, 18:23   #9
Hydey
Emperor

Agharta, Carnide, Bakunine and others who convinced Deity to shaft the most reliable civ player in the known world. (Hydey) Why is it now you who do not turn up and continue this game , perhaps we need a list of players who never turn up to continue so people like Deity do not get let down.

------------------
I am the real Troll
A.H. is a nice guy
Sooky Sooky La La
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Hydey (edited March 17, 2001).]</font>
Old March 18, 2001, 16:01   #10
agharta
Settler

Well, here goes: I apologize to everyone for not showing up for the Big World game. My operating system, Win2000, has been freezing, at regular intervals, since I installed it three weeks ago, so i finally snapped, reformatted my c: drive, and reinstalled.

The reformatting of the drive took about half an hour; the "reinstall" took at least six hours. I had not anticipated a six hour wait when I started at 3:00 pm; if i had, i would not have started. (When 6:00 pm rolled around, I swore, pacing back and forth through the apartment, with nothing to do; when 9:00 pm rolled around, i had settled into a good book, half reading and half philosophizing, about vice. My grand thought: If i threw the magic cards and the comp in the trash, i would get so much done!)

To boot (and this is for ye who hate me or truant individuals in general), and to make this boring story a bit longer, due to my limited knowledge of computers, i reformatted my slave drive instead of my master drive (the one with the operating system on it). So, in short, after six hours of waiting, i had done jack ****.

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by agharta (edited March 18, 2001).]</font>
Old March 24, 2001, 21:16   #11
Hydey
Emperor

Hydey finally took a civ in the rather large game, taking over from War4ever, leading his rather backward civ MP3, I was fortuanate to be contacted by a very friendly civ who suggested we could help each other out a little money, techs ,units and maps have been exchanged, many new cities have been established, with powerfull defenders inside them. I hope to do the former leader War4ever proud while caring for his civ.