Old June 25, 1999, 13:25   #1
DavidTurner
Settler

Local Time: 08:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
50+pc Players-More Realistic UNITED NATIONs, larger realistic maps,
I think it would be terrific to make civ 3 where u can play up to 50 or more computer players, larger more realistic maps, such as a real world map, a map so large that you can play against 250 nations like in real life. a more realistic United nations, Where you can do peacekeeping operations, all the technologys Earth has discoverd in the past 5000 years, the ability of enginerers to lay mine fields, the abilty of the UNITED NATIONS to establish nation borders, Neutral zones, cease fire lines, (in other words i would like to for civ 3 to simulate REAL LIFE. all the different military units that have ever been developed in real life. should also be added, and the abiltiy to edit any unit, nation, or empire, to make that empire sign peace treatys with their eniemies, so that no single nation can conquer the entire planet, before the year 1300, My problem was with China, they have always eliminated other computer players, before i had the chance to go to war with them. (it degrades the game play when a nation or empire is destroyed before the entire game as been played out in full.)
Old June 25, 1999, 15:39   #2
Scooter
Warlord

Local Time: 08:20
250 CPU opponents? Sure, I'll just hit "End Turn" and then go take a shower, go to bed, wake up, go to work, come home and see if it's my turn yet.
I can see it now. System requirements for 250 Civ Game: 4 way Xeon 550MHz processors, 1GB RAM.

Come on. Even if it only takes the CPU 1 second each, that still means over 4 minutes per turn with 250 Civs. Sorry, bad idea. Bad, bad, bad.

And did I hear you right?

Quote:
it degrades the game play when a nation or empire is destroyed before the entire game as been played out in full.

Are you saying that in real life, every civilization that has ever existed is still here? That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

------------------
"BEEFCAKE, BEEFCAKE!!!

-E. Cartman
Old June 25, 1999, 18:06   #3
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 04:20
Hey, you guys, this is a great topic. Can you please move it to a List-making thread so we can be sure to get it to Firaxis?

Thanks.