Old March 6, 2000, 03:54   #31
Pythagoras
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 03:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Imran/DaveV check out my summary see if you like, since the email says we should agree. I will edit this with your suggestions. Imran liked my idea... so I posted it (best 2/3 ) anyway, let me know...
Old March 6, 2000, 08:39   #32
S. Kroeze
Prince

Local Time: 08:27
Please, could you be more precise and consistent about the voting procedure? Its my impression that some rulings have changed since the first draft came out. Originally it wasn't necessary to vote for your own idea, now it is. And its still unclear to me how many votes I can cast. Four Fixes and four New Ideas or four in all? And I remember to have read somewhere about voting twice to keep track of the counting, but I cant find it anymore.

I don't want to sound critical, but I think its really important that the procedure is clear to all. I'm usually the first to ask questions!
Old March 6, 2000, 11:46   #33
korn469
Emperor

S. Kroeze

yes the voting system has changed slightly because originally each idea was going to get it own thread, since that would be over 50 threads, that is just not feasible. Because that is not feasible here is what we are going to do.

There will be four threads.

One will contain all of the final drafts from Fixes. One will contain all of the final drafts from New Ideas. These threads will be locked so nobody can post in them.

Two will be voting threads. One for fixes, one for new ideas. In which a person can vote for their five Fixes and the five New Ideas, meaning that each person has ten total votes for the 10 item EC3 list. Five votes in the Fixes List, five Votes in New Ideas List. If you submitted an idea vote for it.

At the top of the voting threads will be an explanation of the proceedure and there will be links to all of the voting threads. When you vote, you simply list your five ideas for that list (hopefully in numerical order) and you put them in a single post. Then go and do the same thing in the other list.

Also i was thinking of including a lobbying+commentary thread. What does everybody think of that? Is it needed? Would it be used? Unless a couple of people tell me that it is need then i guess it won't be needed.

But to summarize

you go to the voting threads (one for fixes one for new ideas) and you list your five choices for the 5 item fixes thread, and then you do the same for the 5 item New Ideas Thread. The complete EC3 List will contain 10 ideas, the top 5 fixes and the top 5 new ideas. If you have an idea you should vote for it. All votes count the same and everybody has five votes per list. There will be detailed instructions and links to all of the voting threads in the first post.

Does that answer all of your questions? Does that sound like the way to do it?

korn469
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by korn469 (edited March 06, 2000).]</font>
Old March 6, 2000, 12:48   #34
korn469
Emperor

can anybody tell me if there is a way to link to a certain reply in a thread...i would like to be able to create a link for each of the Ideas that would take you directly to them so that if you hit on New Idea #1 it would take you directly to it, or if you hit on New Idea #10 it would take you directly to it. I do not want to force people to scroll through the entire list to get to the idea they are looking for...is this possible? if it is could somebody tell me how to do it please

korn469
Old March 6, 2000, 21:08   #35
don Don

korn,

Just append "#nn" to the url. I just posted to New Idea #25 - Improved Trade. This link connects directly to my post:

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum28/HTML/000312.html#20

Err, ummm, it helps if I spell "url" correctly.
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by don Don (edited March 06, 2000).]</font>