Old March 22, 2001, 01:01   #91
Prometheus
Warlord

Local Time: 17:19
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Wow, am I a popular guy or what….

To all the Nations of the world,

I have sat back and watch these proceedings with great interest and reserve but it seems that they have gotten out of hand.

First of the Chinese will NOT be used as a political weapon nor will we be used as a reason for a greater moral cause. While I wish that China would be as great as her allies the glorious Australians and Mongols, by no means do we hold them in contempt. They have gifted a great many technologies that would of taken us years to complete and have allowed us to grow when they could of very well taken everything for themselves. For years the evil tyrant, AI, has had control of our country and it is to blame, the Mongols contained the evil tyrant and spared the world a great deal trouble, but now the Chinese people are free and will remain so for the rest of time.

So while we thank the Adriatic Emperor for his kind words for the Republic of China’s situation I am afraid his idea of carving up the new world will not be accomplished as he had liked, the powers of the world have too diverse views of its future to decide at a table in Vienna or any other city. The countries of the world will have to deal with each country individually.

We do hope that the world will remember to be civilized in its dealings and remember that we do not wish to grow resentment for the rest of the world. Remember that some countries do not have the power that the great four powers do.(Adriatic, Australian, Mali, and Mongol)

The Chinese will echo the Mongol pledge not to be the starters of hostilities if they do break out. But we fear for the peace of the world because like our senate even though everyone is working for the greater good of working together political assignations have been known to happen.

Sincerely,
Senator Prometheus
Old March 22, 2001, 15:56   #92
sekong
Warlord

Local Time: 23:19
New Timbutku Times Special Edition

A.D. 39 1/4 Gold

The Final Notes of the Great Pharaoh

To my people:

It has been more than 600 years since I being with you. Now it's my time to leave. Death is nothing but back to a higher conscienceness, or changing a form, body, name or title. To an enlightened one, it is just simple like get rid of a cloth or changing a new one. Therefore be happy for this.

It is not important that if I will come back or not. Also make no guess of the reason why I have to leave. Like everything having a beginning, it will come to a end. Now it is just my time comes. What important is your own liberation, inside and outside. I have shown you the way, leaded you to a new land. Now it is up to each of you to walk the path, achieve the libration. The nation will be assigned a new mighty leader soon. The great change of the world will come from far east. Some said there is no King. They were wrong. For the king of Kings has been there. Love your neighbers and your enemies, cause you are all children of God. You wil back to HES glory Kingdom sooner or later. There, we will realize we all are one. Now, I have to leave, you continue the show. Wish you the best.

The Divine Love and Peace,

The Great Pharaoh Ray I
7/14/39 at New Timbuktu Town.

Old March 22, 2001, 16:28   #93
drake
King

Local Time: 19:19
Kudos to Sekong to his role in the game. Many thanks.
Old March 22, 2001, 16:44   #94
deity

Sekong did a great job as sub!
Stick around - there will be many more lifetimes, yet
There are vague rumours that Paul may miss the odd week at some point in the future... and Deity may have all his other leaders comitted elsewhere....

------------------
*deity of THE DEITIANS*
aka: half-assed dieticians
icq# 8388924

Old March 22, 2001, 20:08   #95
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Yes I would like to thank Sekong for the time and effort he gave to our group. I am appreciative of the way he conducted himself throughout his tenure, a real class act.

Thanks a lot man, you don't know how much I appreciate it, and I think I speak for the entire group when I say this.
Old March 23, 2001, 10:50   #96
sekong
Warlord

Thank you, guys. It's a little surprisd even to myself that I actually stayed last night. I hope I was just doing good. Hope to see your posts and the political maps soon. Peace.
Old March 23, 2001, 12:51   #97
drake
King

So war4ever is out completely now? Is that what the story is? Sekongs taking over the Mongols on a permanent basis?

A very troublesome session last night huh? Many technical problems. In any case, we got a few good hours in and a few interesting developments have occured. Most interesting is the war breaking out in the new world between the AL and the Mali. Looking forward to seeing what'll happen between those two firecrackers......

The new powergraph, unit and city counts and top5 cities are all updated, so go check it out HERE!.

Next week lets hope for a nice clean, trouble free session......
Old March 23, 2001, 14:04   #98
drake
King

Yeah, get those new rules up asap.

There is no valid argument to keep the rules as they are now. The long ship was not created to travel away from land and I think we all know this. This glitch was taken advantage of, but certainly no one can be blamed for doing so. (The Mali basically owe their existence in the new world to this glitch, but it's too late to argue about, so we won't.)

*Lets just all make sure to DL the new rules and I also plead with everyone to be on time. Send me your posts asap.
Old March 23, 2001, 14:13   #99
The Capo
DiploGames
King

(Drake don't post this)

King Ferdinand is presiding over a House of Regents meeting in Monaco...

Reg. Machiavelli: Now we find ourselves at war, how far shall we go to hold more territory and more land? To who's name is this land claimed in? The name of the entire League? One state? The King? It is quite clear none of these questions are being answered.

Reg. Orange: Agreed, however I find that even accepting those truths, an omission of our claim is not a viable means to an end here.

Reg. Machiavelli: What is? A war? Do you realize how bloody that will be, on both sides? We can not, will not fight a war, the League depends on it.

Reg. Mazzini: Oh but a war against the crown is perfectly proper?

Reg. Machiavelli: I never said anything of the sort, I am not a traitor, I am loyal to this Kingdom Lord Mazzini.

Reg. Mazzini: Oh yes, tell me were those words from your arse or your mouth? It is quite hard to tell at times!

Reg. Orange: Lord Mazzini, come now!

Reg. Machiavelli: I do not understand why I am met with such disrespect, personally I take offense. Do we even have an official declaration of war signed, has the king signed anything?

King Ferdinand: Nay.

Reg. Machiavelli: Your majesty I implore you to please consider the Mali terms, they are quite reasonable.

King Ferdinand: Nicolo, you know full well I can not honor those terms, you of all people should know the press will make swill out of me if I am to do that!

Reg. Mazzini: My lord, that is the wish of Regent Machiavelli.

Reg. Montesqieu: I don't understand why this is such an issue with the House. The Mali hath threatened our nation, our people, who meant no harm whatsoever, what did you expect?

Reg. Machiavelli: I didn't expect a war!

King Ferdinand: Nor did I Nicolo, they did however, they spoke of war, they spoke of attack, they spoke of death. Do you expect me to act as if I am you Machiavelli? Sit behind a podium, and blow wind out of my mouth?

Reg. Mazzini: That was his mouth he was blowing wind out of?

Reg. Machiavelli: Sire, please understand. This is a war, this is doing more harm for your people than good sire.

King Ferdinand: I have made every attempt at peace talks, negotiations, the Moslem King doth not wish to speak. How can I speak to those whom are not listening?

Reg. Mazzini: Well sire, surely Machiavelli knows a thing or two about that!

Reg. Machiavelli: Sir I ask that you hold your toungue!

Reg. Mazzini: I ask that you rip yours out!

King Ferdinand: Silence, this is a time of great peril. Have you spoken with the Israelites? The Mongols?

Reg. Orange: Who sire?

King Ferdinand: You William, are you not my international advisor?

Reg. Orange: Aye sire, I am. However, I have yet to contact any nation.

King Ferdinand: Get on it, send someone into Timbuktu to hold audience with Rahim...

Reg. Machiavelli: Sire, he will be slaughtered the dogs-

King Ferdinand: Silence, he will be fine, the Mali are not barbarians. Have him hear the Mali terms, we shall then present our terms for a treaty, we are willing to become flexible, but we will not bend to the will of threats or tyrants. Send that message, this meeting is adjourned, I shall entertain an audience with the assembly later in the week. If that is all I shall leave.

Reg. Mazzini: I have matters sire, but they will be delt with in private council with his majesty.

King Ferdinand: Aye, see my page. I bid you adieu gentlemen....
Old March 23, 2001, 19:44   #100
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:19
Capo i am writing this here as my icq has been shoddy your correct in that assessment. Due to personal problems and the amount of time they are taking to overcome...... i am taking a leave of absence from my diplo games. Like my other diplo game this pains me as i really enjoy the mood and the players. Capo i truly believe your an excellent role player and i feel terrible that i can no longer commit to this game...... especially since i was doing so just fine in the standings

I talked to Sekong and found out through him that he had no perm position anymore and thought it best for him to take over the Mongols. The reasoning for this was because everyone stated publically about how impressed they were with him .

Therefore instead of letting the team down with a no show on short notice, or more icq problems, i elected on my own to crown Sekong as the new dynasty of the Mongols.

I wish all continued good fun and i hope when i figure out whats wrong with myself and my family that i can enter again into an affair such as this. The two diplo games i have been in have taught me alot and now i think i could give a much better performance.

sorry if anyone feels i let them down, this was not done intentionally and family crisis and responsibilities do come first..... on that note..... i will pop in from time to time to check out the website and see how the game is lining up

Best wishes to all,
War4ever

Old March 23, 2001, 22:20   #101
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Thank you War4, you've been a great player, and I regret that I have yet to finish a game with you, or to find out what would happen if we clashed or became allies, but I thuroughly enjoyed your company and hope to play with you again sometime in the future. On that note I hope your problems become resolved.

You are always welcome to play in a game with me and have earned my resepect, thanks a lot, HOTW will never forget the first Khan of the Mongols.

Peace.
Old March 24, 2001, 01:53   #102
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Since everyone likes to let me take the kicks to the balls, I'll go ahead and give a little state of the game address. This has no elements of RP in it at all, so if you're here for that don't waste your time. ALL players in the game should read this...

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the lack of coordination in our game to this point. I know that I really have no way of actually controlling it, but I am at some level of responsability in that regard. I am going to try as hard as I can to make sure the game works out this time next week, and I am asking all individuals to try with your heart of hearts to be online an hour early this time in order to play. Tip off is at 8:00 pm EST as usual, however it would be nice if for once we could start an hour early instead of the opposite. So I am basically pleading with you to try as hard as possible to be there an hour earlier, this is not a demand or any type of serious official question, just a plea. You don't have to show up until 8:00 pm eastern.

We've had a coup de etat twice thus far. Sekong was deposed by Chirs, and in turn War4 has been deposed by Sekong. My stance on this issue is as follows: War4 has until Monday night to come to any of us and inform us he will be playing on a consistent basis, otherwise I'd appreciate it if he would ring in anyway and let everyone know that he could not make it for this game. I understand from another thread that he was having ICQ trouble last night and could not make it, however as he did not extend this explaination to us personally, I am thinking he has abandoned his post and Sekong is now the ruler. So he has until Monday evening to let us know.

Sekong again I must thank you for your patience with our group, and I appreciate your actions so far. Believe me, you are a savior.

The new rules.txt will be presented by Monday, so either over the weekend or Monday itself you can insert the new rules.txt, the only change will be the Longship question, as for now the "futuristic" units have been scrapped. The Longship will be converted to a sinking unit ala the Trerime, everyone was told this would occur last session, and everyone responded thus they heard it. We can argue the issue if it pleases everyone, but as you had fair warning if anyone complains about ships at sea sinking they had advanced warning. So as of now the stance is, new rules.txt, but I am up for a good argument as always.

I'd also advise everyone to make sure that when the new rules.txt is up, to put it in, I don't want any bugs, and I'm sure the game would crash if they differed. I will inform you again when the rules.txt is up. I am quite sure nobody is doing this, but just in case I'd advise against any change in the scenario unless it is specified to me the creator of it, which includes graphics and rules etc... I am not sure how the game will react, if you want a unit changed just for viewing pleasure, or a rule change, or even your nation's name/flag/city graphic to be changed, just talk to me and I'll do it.

Other than those issues the game is going well, the latest session, although it had its down points without a doubt, was a good one, and a positive one all in all for the game. Every session has been exciting, and I expect this trend to continue.

As usual Drake has done a superb job on our website, there is a link available in the above cell. I think the game has passed its storm and we are sailing on clear waters from here on in. We appreciate everyone who's supported us to this point, and anyone who has helped us along the way, you know who you are, thanks a lot.

Peace.
Old March 25, 2001, 16:39   #103
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Bump
Old March 26, 2001, 11:12   #104
drake
King

The new political map is up, and its definetly going to have some surprises for some of you. Also, the Adriatics, Zulus and Chinese have posted. Reports from Mongolia, Australia, Israel and Mali to come......
Old March 26, 2001, 12:45   #105
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Hmm, Jay messed up on the map.

Notice New Zealand, ah well, should we fix that or what?..

Screw around post: Excerpt from the book Leopold and Rashi Kali; The Traveling Monarchs... (dated 1910)

One may find the history of the colonial period quite dry and annoying. Constant power plays and lack of action made for a dull and wordy period in the world's history. But there are two men who are the essence of action, the essence of politics. One would call them traveling Kings, Rashi Kali and Leopold of Habsburg.

A little before 1 a.d., Leopold of Habsburg arrived in Africa. One must realize that the time was one of mystery and fear. The Africans knew nothing of Europeans and the Europeans had no clue what to expect from the southern Africans. Tales from the Mali and Israel rang clear throughout Europe, popular stories of the violent and gigantic king Shakeem. He was an imposing warrior who wore a mask to hide his terrible scars recieved while battling ten lions. In reality king Shakeem was nothing more than a great leader, his military prowess, while it may have existed, was not pronounced to the point of legend. Many factors could have influenced this type of logic for Europeans. Specifically the constant bids for support from the Mali and Israel, invoking the mysterious Zulus as some sort of a dominant military order more than a nation.

Despite this the well traveled Leopold of Habsburg, who had made rounds from Germany around the Black and Caspian seas, into Mongolia, down through Israel, and eventually accross the Mediterranean on a ship to Sudan was well prepared to hold audience with the mysterious Shakeem. Initially Leopold was impressed with the beauty of the Zulu cities. He was completely awe-struck when he entered Tanzania...

(I will finish this later, this has nothing to do with anything but I thought in real life a book like this would eventually be written, so its kinda cool... whatever.)

Old March 26, 2001, 12:47   #106
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Hmm, Jay messed up on the map.

Notice New Zealand, ah well, should we fix that or what?..

Screw around post: Excerpt from the book Leopold and Rashi Kali; The Traveling Monarchs... (dated 1910)

One may find the history of the colonial period quite dry and annoying. Constant power plays and lack of action made for a dull and wordy period in the world's history. But there are two men who are the essence of action, the essence of politics. One would call them traveling Kings, Rashi Kali and Leopold of Habsburg.

A little before 1 a.d., Leopold of Habsburg arrived in Africa. One must realize that the time was one of mystery and fear. The Africans knew nothing of Europeans and the Europeans had no clue what to expect from the southern Africans. Tales from the Mali and Israel rang clear throughout Europe, popular stories of the violent and gigantic king Shakeem. He was an imposing warrior who wore a mask to hide his terrible scars recieved while battling ten lions. In reality king Shakeem was nothing more than a great leader, his military prowess, while it may have existed, was not pronounced to the point of legend. Many factors could have influenced this type of logic for Europeans. Specifically the constant bids for support from the Mali and Israel, invoking the mysterious Zulus as some sort of a dominant military order more than a nation.

Despite this the well traveled Leopold of Habsburg, who had made rounds from Germany around the Black and Caspian seas, into Mongolia, down through Israel, and eventually accross the Mediterranean on a ship to Sudan was well prepared to hold audience with the mysterious Shakeem. Initially Leopold was impressed with the beauty of the Zulu cities. He was completely awe-struck when he entered Tanzania...

(I will finish this later, this has nothing to do with anything but I thought in real life a book like this would eventually be written, so its kinda cool... whatever.)

Old March 26, 2001, 14:07   #107
sekong
Warlord

test
Old March 26, 2001, 14:54   #108
drake
King

Ok, map is fixed.

I'm looking forward to Thursday....things are definetly starting to heat up.
Old March 27, 2001, 02:22   #109
GNGSpam
Warlord

From a College Textbook entitled "New World Studies 1 - Colonization". Can be found at all major Universities in Mali Proper, a required course for all Liberal Arts majors.

Historian explanatory comments in paranathesis

-------------------------------------------------------

Declaration of War

As presented to the First Estate (Nobility composed the first Estate in the early Monarchy, there were 3 total, the Military making up the Second and the peasentry the Third.)

Grievances against the Adriatic League

1. Claimation of the land encompassing the banks of the great River, called by the native population the "Mississippi", and all land east thereof, until the coast line of the Atlantic Ocean, excluding territories of the great North, termed by Adriatic Explorers (from the region of Gaul) to be Quebec, was violated by the Adriatic League.

2. Refusal to leave from these lands once demanded so.

3. Subsequent sneak attack by Ships under the flag of the Adriatic League upon a squadron of warships, peaceably in the region of the Lesser Antilles.

This, in gross disrespect to Mali terriotorial claims, and in violation of international honor, cannot nor will be tolerated. Therefore, the following demands are made upon the Adriatic League

1. Withdrawl from all land so claimed by Mali.

2. Turning over of a equivlant fleet of Warships to replace those sunk by the Adriatic League.

Provided such terms are met, all land claims will remain as stated, and a "status quo" will be achieved.

Should the Adriatic League not agree to the above terms before the commencement of hostilities by Mali all claims of land in the New World will be voided and revert to Mali.

It is not Mali's wish to persue this war, but it is the wish of the nation-state to persue its intrest, and we cannot abide by such disrespectful interference in this matter.

(The article was subsequently signed by the the presiding Nobility in support of the Kings Proclamation)

Old March 27, 2001, 11:33   #110
drake
King

I smell a big war..........

The question is of course, will anyone else enter the fray?
Old March 27, 2001, 15:00   #111
The Capo
DiploGames
King

It was a sweltering hot morning in the bogs of southern Louisiana, named so after the first Regent of Gaul. General Marino looked over his maps, over his notes, rubbing his forehead, how could something like this be real? He asked himself, he felt alone...

"General Marino?" asked a slender man, dressed in a corporal uniform, he was obviously Italian.
"Yes?" asked the General as he rose, he was an imposing man very large with a strong jaw.
"I am Corporal Benovento sir, I have been dispatched here from Palermo, here are my papers." he handed the General his dispatch papers, and surveyed the encampment "Quite muggy here." he said, noting the soldiers all out of uniform and sweating heavily.
"Yes, it is quite unbearable Corporal Benovento. So what is your purpose here, we already have our fill of Field Marshalls, we have our orders what are yours?" asked General Marino.
"I have orders from King Ferdinand, strict orders, I am here to make sure nothing goes awry, I am an ambassador as well as a soldier, I am of course of a lower rank and under your supervision General Marino." he nodded with a smile, and gave the general a salute.

General Marino entered his tent, tired of this life. He had been a soldier in the Adriatic army since he was a boy, he traveled the world, all over, from Scandinavia to Africa, battling various barbarian hordes. He was known as a hero, great with a sword, but he had never before commanded armies against another nation. He sat down in his chair and pulled out a peice of parchment, and began writing a letter to Santiago...

General DePalma,

My men are tired, they have worked like dogs in the sweltering heat of Louisiana. We are ill equiped and hardly manned for a war of this magnitude, Corporal Benovento has arrived at the behest of King Ferdinand. It seems as if though he is hear to watch over me rather than serve my needs, and they are quite extensive. We are out of food and we only have a small amount of troops in the theatre as it stands, if the Mali are as mighty as legend says we are in for a massacre! I trust in your Gen. DePalma to send troops and rations so that we may defend the honor of the Adriatic League. I have heard rumors that the Mongolians and Australians may join the Mali in destroying us here in the Americas, I wish to know what the status is with the various ambassadors appointed to those nations. I look at my men and feel sorry for them, are we marching them into glory or into slaughter?

General Marino

He looked over his message again, and folded it. He poured the wax on and stamped the ensign of the Adriatic army upon it. He stepped outside and called upon the messenger to bring his letter to the ship departing for Santiago. He looked into the dense wild forest and thought about his war, his future battles, "What will happen Giralomo?" he thought to himself "What will happen?"....
Old March 27, 2001, 21:35   #112
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright folks <a href="http://members.aol.com/nkreefer/rules.txt">HERE IS THE NEW RULES.TXT</a> so download it and replace your old rules.txt file with it.

Make sure you do not replace your MAIN RULES.TXT it is important that you don't because you may screw up your game. The rules.txt that you are replacing is the one in the hotw2 folder, which should be in your scenarios folder.

If anyone needs help with this please post here, we don't want any complications the day we play. So I'd appreciate it if anyone had questions or doesn't know what to do/how to replace the file to please ICQ me or post here on this thread. Its very important that we get off to a perfect start this comming week.

We are two days away, so hopefully everyone is on the ball and ready for action this comming Thursday, at 8:00pm EST (U.S.) and Deity well, I trust you to know when we play.

Thanks a lot and peace.
Old March 27, 2001, 22:16   #113
The Capo
DiploGames
King

The city of Santiago was a ragged port town. Though it was a relatively new town in a new world, it was already hardened by the sea and by its rag-tag denizens. General DePalma sat upon his porch viewing the rolling ocean, the cool breaze upon his face was pleasant he smiled at the sun and at his life. Seemingly unaware of the war just miles away. "General DePalma, a message from-" said his servant Alberto.
"Alberto, just put it on the table there, I am quite tired." he said motioning towards his side table, which had grapes and bread upon it.
"Sir, it is a message from Marino in Louisiana, it should be urgent sir, the war and all..." trailed off the servant as he placed it upon the table.
"Alberto, read it to me." said the General.
"Sir I can not read." said the boy, obviously ashamed.
"You can not read Alberto?" asked the General, rising in his chair.
"No sir, I never learned, I didn't have time to go to school I had always been at work, we were poor General, I apologize for not having told you this-" said the boy, pleading.
"It is quite alright Alberto, sit please sit, I shall read the message to you." the boy hesitantly took a seat on the floor as the old General broke the seal and read the letter...

General DePalma looked stunned at the letter, he looked to the horizon, then back at the boy sitting on the floor. The boy was dressed sparsely, obviously poor, he was a Spaniard. For the first time in his career DePalma had felt scared, looking into the wide eyes of that young boy as he heard the letter. "General, what will come of Marino's men?" he asked, sounding as worried as DePalma has ever heard anyone.
"I don't know Alberto, they are in Louisiana, in a swamp, being bittin by mosquitos, there are crocodiles and leaches, swamp gas, diseases..." he stopped talking and looked down at the paper "They are under-manned, and ill-equipped, I can do nothing Alberto."
"What about King Ferdinand, is he not as strong as the Lion of Venice? Will he not prevail?" asked the boy.
"I don't know Alberto, it is a sad situation." he stood up and began pacing, intently staring at the ground.
"Why is there war General? Why do the Mali and Adriatics fight?" the young Spaniard asked.
"Because Alberto, when people want something and someone else tries to take it, they will fight over it." explained the General.
"But why? Why can't they share?" asked the boy.
"You do not understand, it is the way of the world." said the General.
"To fight?" asked the boy.
"Yes Alberto, to fight." said the General, folding the letter and placing it in his belt "When things don't go according to plan people revert to the sword Alberto, you will learn this when you become a soldier one day."
"But what is wrong with sharing the land General, why does King Ferdinand fight the Mali?" asked the boy, the General seemed annoyed.
"Because Alberto, the King can not be treated with disrespect, it is not proper. Nations must treat eachother fairly and accordingly, the Mali threatened us, and we responded. We want peace, we are offering peace now, but the Mali won't have it, they want more, they want to steal our land, they want to kill us, they want blood." said the General harshly.
"I understand sir, do you require anything?" asked the boy as he stood up.
"Alberto, I have a letter I must write for General Marino, when I finish please take it down to the pier, you may then take the rest of the day off." said the General.
"Thank you General DePalma...."
Old March 28, 2001, 01:56   #114
GNGSpam
Warlord

General Intiative #33

To All Loyal Forces of King Rahim Abdul the Third within the New World

As so ordered by his Royal Highness

All forces under the nominal command of Shareef al Quana are order south with haste to dispose of the insurgent forces of the Adriatic League and secure the region for the Glory of Mali.
Old March 28, 2001, 10:45   #115
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright a better way to save the rules.txt...

Now when you click <a href="http://members.aol.com/nkreefer/rules.txt">THIS LINK</a> the window should move to the actual rules.txt. When the window changes to a version of the rules.txt (which will show up in your explorer, netscape, aol etc. window) simply right click it and select save.

It will then ask where to save it, simply go into your hotw2 folder which should be in your scenario folder, which should be in your Civ2 MGE directory and save it as rules.txt it will most likely ask you if you want to replace the old rules.txt file, choose yes.

Hopefully this will work, again I will be available an hour before we start on Thursday to help anyone with any issues at all. If you can't make it early I should be online from 6:30 to whenever to sub in for Drake's diplogame in the event that Sun Tzu doesn't show up, which if any of you know ol' Sun is not a very bad possibility.

Amother quick thing I want to address is posting to the website. I understnad that posting is not mandatory, but it is frowned upon when posts don't go up, this is the day before the session and thus far the site has no posts for Australia, Mongolia or Israel. IF its in the mail you have nothing to worry about, but if you have yet to type one up you should probably change this trend.

The only change to the rules.txt is that the Longship now sinks.

Thanks a lot, see ya on Thursday.
Old March 28, 2001, 12:15   #116
sekong
Warlord

On a sunny morning, a ship arrived AussieSumma quitely. A young man stepped out the ship, speaking to an aussie soldier approaching to him: "I'm a Mongol diplomat came from Verona. I'm carrying an important message to Australia Consul, Mr. Keating. I want to meet the Mayor."

In the Town Hall, the Mongol diplomat handed the Mayor a sealed package. "Here is a letter from our Consul Tuo Lei, and a map of new world. Please send it to Mr. Keating as soon as possible."

"Consul Tuo Lei?"

"Yes, like our allies Chinese and Australia, our country have changed to Republic Goverment as well. It's decided by the Mongol all tribes meeting this year. Our King War4ever had retired. The all Mongol tribes Meeting voted Lord Tuo Lei as our new leader."

"Oh, I see. OK I will send the package to our Consul soon." The Mayor called up a soldier and aske him to carry the package to Canberra right away. Then he turned back to the Mongol diplomat: "How is the new world exploring of Mongol?"

"It's pretty exciting. We have met Malian there. Rumor said our neighbor Adriatican is also arround there. And seems they had sneak attacked the Malian. Our Consul is very concerned. In his letter, he asked Mr. Keating about his oppion about this. And wish to get more information about new world from Australian. Are there anything I can bring back?"

"Yes, I just received a new up-to-date map. You can bring back."

"Ok see you then."

"Take care."

Old March 28, 2001, 16:11   #117
sekong
Warlord

Here is my 2 cents:

Besides the general thursday night session, how about we play a bit of PBEM in between? Espacially when there is no war and no hut openning time.

I aksed that for 2 reasons:
1. speed up the game a bit by playing several more turns per week.
2. We can do city-management more in the PBEM part, therefore save the time during Thursday. And can do more dipo during game.

Just some thoughts.
Old March 28, 2001, 16:49   #118
drake
King

Absolutely not an option for a diplo game. You can't be diplomatic when you're playing single player because the AI doesn't usually represent your intentions very well. Your AI representative goes and signs an alliance with someone and boom. Game screwed up.

I appreciate the idea of wanting to get more play time in with the game, but it's just not an option for this sort of game. Sorry

Old March 29, 2001, 01:40   #119
sekong
Warlord

A letter from Consul Tuo Lei to Chinese Consul:

Dear Sir,

Again, Mongol want to gift out some units to China. There is a group of settler from Bakhara is starving at Sibria. Our city can't support them for even one more year. I sincerely hope Chinese Goverment can host them. As a thanks, we can also gift out some ship or horseman. We hope they will become free unit and don't have to be supported by any Chinese cities.

The progress of settlement is slow. It was partially because the raging barbarian arround Canada area. Another reason is the settlers requires a lot of food under Republic Goverment. In order to speed up the settlement in New World, I suggest as least one of our goverment need to change to Monarchy. According to our astologist, the best chance for switching Goverment is at beginning of next century, which is 40 years from now. I wish to hear your decission soon.

Our country are carrying out a big project called Grand Canal. We hope to link the Yellow river from Shanghai and Karakorum Lake by the Great Canal.
Then the inland of Mongol empire can be irrigated. If you can build irrigation at southwest of Shanghai OR Northwest of Beijing, it will help us with this project. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Of course, the most important thing is to found found new cities in North America. Our settlers there will do it soon. And we hope to hear about your oppions as well.

Glory belong to Chinese and Mongolian.

Consul Tuo Lei
Old March 29, 2001, 04:51   #120
deity

my late post from last week
sorry, but I had a lot of stuff going on lately.....

----

Deity pondered the seclusion of Paul lately.

Was he upset?

The war started by the Adriatics was certainly no surprise, but a shock all the same.
Clearly they had come to the New World to cause trouble. They seem to need to be noticed. They have always spoken threateningly and constantly mentioned ‘war’, ‘fighting’ etc.

Deity, with his supreme and spotless reputation, is anxious to hear from Paul for he fears that Paul’s thoughts may be tending to war….
But Deity implores you to consider this:
This is NOT your war.
Your allies would expect you to remain neutral and your plans to colonise the West Indies may have been a little over-confident.
But what of the poor Mali I hear you say?
Seek peace with the AL and maybe attempt to defuse the situation.
Deity knows that you hold high hopes for vast and wealthy colonies in the Americas but be content to compromise. Make friends and peace...

I await your response, Paul...

Things have been going well however on the Aussie homeland with all cities growing and building various improvements.
Several new cities were established and one was ceded to help our loyal allies, the Chinese in developing their nation. North America is there's and Mali.

------------------
*deity of THE DEITIANS*
aka: half-assed dieticians
icq# 8388924