Old May 12, 2001, 21:53   #1
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 09:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Story of DOT
In the Beginning it was all darkness. But then out of the darkness there appeared light and into this light was created a swirling mass, which became solid and soon waters spread out and landmasses were separated. Onto one of these landmasses suddenly appeared two tribes as they gathered together a loud voice spoke from the clouds above.

"Welcome my tribesmen to your new world I have created for you."

Loud cheering greeted these words , although some were very perplexed as to who or what was speaking to them.

"I have created this world for you to enjoy and relax in , no work shall you do."

Great cheering greeted these words.

"From now on you people shall be known as The DOT, because I am ...."

At this the crowd cryed out, "No, that is a stupid name" ,drowning out the rest of the sentence. They pushed forward their tallest member , now appointed hurriedly as their leader.

"err great voice in the sky, the people dont like this name of the'.' we would rather be known as the'!' there is power in an exclamation, nopower in a dot..."

"My people you misunderstand, I didnt mean the DOT as in '.' I meant ...."

But the people were still making too much noise in rebellion agaisnt the name and wouldnt listen. And so a curse was spoken agaisnt the world and no tribesmen could move or speak. And this curse spread around the whole world and there was no movement of any creature anywhere.

But it now grieved the great voice in the sky that he had made this grumbling tribesmen and so he destroyed that world and vowed to start again...

And so there was great darkness again, and out of the darkness started light. Into this light was formed a new world with new tribesmen.

And the great voice again spoke to his people.
"My people, I have created you all for leisure and not work, I have placed you on this world to relax , so go forth now and have fun. And rember my people you are the DOT, and before you interupt " said the great voice, getting in first with this new group."DOT is not a word but an acronym, DOT stands for 'Disciples of Toulav', for I am the great being 'Toulav' I have made you to show how great I am. I will care for you and do everything for you, never shall you have to do anything. I will supply all your needs"

This was greated by great cheering and celebrations and the tribesmen appointed men to be Priests of Toulav and honour this day. These men became known as POT and eveyone enjoyed the POT.

And so it was that the tribesmen set out looking for fun things to do and they discovered Buffalo (although in the locla dialect this was pronounced Muffalo) and the people being under the influence of POT , decided to build a city there and hunt the Wild Muffalo to cook and turn into burgers. And thus it was for the next few hundred years the people under POT influence chased Muff all day and ate Muff Burgers at night.

Further exploration soon revealed that this 'world' was in fact only an island of only 40 square Dits ( A Dit being the local measurement). But to the south west was found some whales near the coast. And after eating Muff for centuries the people rejoiced that they finally had another food source, and so founded a second city.

But they had forgotton they should be doing no work, and that this was for leisure. But the people were bored and wanted to do things and the High Priests, led by one Rasputin, were enjoying the power they had over the poeple.

And so the Great Toulav cmae to visit one day, but the people being under the influence of POT refused to hear him. So he spoke directly to the POT.

"You preists have forgotton me, it has been 500 years since I made this place and you havent called on me once"

"ahhh Great one" they said, as they had already forgotten his name handed down through the ages." The people are bored, we have explored this 'world' you placed us in only to find it is only an island, and our leading Priest, Rasputin, thought it would be a good idea to do things to keep the people occupied"

" You people are all the same , you are so disrepectful, there is no point in all this, I created a lovley little Island for you to holiday forever on and you dont thank me once but complain about boredom"

Rasputin strode forward and bowed respectfully and then said
"Oh great one, the people you created need to do things to keep them out of trouble, I have led them cleverly for the past 40 years to a point where they are useful"

"Useful perhaps to you Rasputin, I noticed you saved the best Muff for yourself!! As the people dont want a holiday, perhaps its time I went on one. I will leave you people now, never to return, you will slave the rest of your days on this Island till you all rot, I will send many armies fro mforiegn lands to invade you and carry you all off as slaves... So Be It"

There was a sudden booming Clap of thunder and then silence.... and the Priests turned to Rasputin in bewilderment.
"What shall we do now?" they asked
"We shall work the people harder, we will build more citys and gather taxes and set our scientists to discovering ways of these islands, and we shall meet any of these foriegn invaders with force... We will survive!@@!"

And so the Priests went to the people and told them that Rasputin was now in charge and laid out the plans for the future. And the people loved the plans and Formed "We love RAZ" banners to parade around.

Thus was the beginning of the Trials of the people of DOT, who now under their newly appointed leader Rasputin the Great who became the First RAZ....

How would things go for them , will the people ever escape from the island, will foreing armies invade as predicted.... Stay tuned for the next installement.....