Old March 18, 2001, 14:26   #1
Angelscream
Settler

Local Time: 08:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Vote for ToT
Please everyone make sure to show your support and vote for ToT at the 'booth' near the bottom of the ToT forum page. ToT needs only like 5 more votes to tie with MGE, and it would just be plain wrong if they beat us. I know ToT isn't the hottest game out, as I play Alpha Centauri more myself, but ToT IS a better game than MGE.

Show your support, for the love of all that is good and holy! Vote for ToT, and lets beat down those MGE fools.

Holla Eazy Baby

------------------
"Be yourself, by yourself, stay away from me. A lesson learned in life, known from the dawn of time."
- Pantera
[This message has been edited by Angelscream (edited March 18, 2001).]
Angelscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2001, 15:28   #2
wittlich

Angel, I myself am currently in a TOT game...but...IMHO, I believe MGE is actually better than TOT because of the "Bells and Whistles."

What I mean is this: Why did they get rid of ALL the extras in TOT? ie,
1. Throne Room/Palace
2. High Council
3. Wonder Movies!?!? - This one is REALY upsetting for me!

If TOT had the Wonder Movies, then I would agree, TOT would beat MGE...but it doesn't.

One good thing about TOT is the extended game - you can actually colonize Centauri! But without any movies, it is just not good enough in my opinion.

So, I initially voted for MGE and my vote still stands. Sorry Angel.
Old March 19, 2001, 01:45   #3
Angelscream
Settler

So pretty movies make or break a game for you eh?

Well the graphics, the detail, the good old honest thought behind it makes ToT for me.

If you want to get sticky, I think they spent about 5 hours making MGE as opposed to the many months of hard work and thought that went into ToT. ToT isn't just an upgrade, like MGE is. It is a different game, no sorry, different games, wrapped into one.

MUCH respect and BIG shout outs to Mick Uhl, the brains behind the brawn.

Sorry Wit

Holla Eazy Baby

------------------
"Be yourself, by yourself, stay away from me. A lesson learned in life, known from the dawn of time."
- Pantera, Datalinks
[This message has been edited by Angelscream (edited March 19, 2001).]
Old March 19, 2001, 08:53   #4
Thoth
King

Local Time: 04:43
quote:

Originally posted by wittlich on 03-18-2001 02:28 PM
What I mean is this: Why did they get rid of ALL the extras in TOT? ie,
1. Throne Room/Palace
2. High Council
3. Wonder Movies!?!? - This one is REALY upsetting for me!

If TOT had the Wonder Movies, then I would agree, TOT would beat MGE...but it doesn't.

If you've got a copy of MGE, play TOT with the MGE CD. The wonder movies will play.

Thoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2001, 14:00   #5
wittlich

Thoth, your joking right?!?

Can it actually be done?

I've got to try this...NOW

Ciao
Old March 19, 2001, 14:32   #6
wittlich

Well Thoth...I'm back.

No, it didn't work. The TOT game will run fine with the MGE CD, but the Wonder Movies still don't play

The first time I tried it, the program froze.

the Second and third time I tried it nothing happened, it just paused for a few minutes then when right to the city where the Wonder was built - no movie.

I have a fast enough computer (866Mhz w/ 512MB RAM)...so memory isn't the problem.

I wonder if there are certain files I should copy over or not?

Well, it was a good try though...If it worked then I would have changed my vote from MGE to TOT
Old March 19, 2001, 15:13   #7
wittlich

Back again...boy do I feel stupid!

I realized that I actually did'nt have MGE loaded on my computer! I loaded the game and reinstalled the INDEO Drivers...and it WORKS!

I am in your debt Thoth!

And Angelscream....you've converted me . I posted a message to MarkG asking him to change my vote from MGE to TOT - since I can't change it once I've posted it

Ok, I may be shallow...but now that TOT has the Wonder Movies, it is far better that MGE
Old March 19, 2001, 16:24   #8
Angelscream
Settler

YES! Good Wittlich! Thats the kinda devotion I'm talking about.

Now if everyone can just follow your excellent example ToT will win.

Everyone should also keep in mind the kind of influence Apolyton has on the Civ community. If MGE ends up beating ToT, ToT will disappear forever in the eyes of the community, especially when Civ 3 comes out. It will be forever reduced to a *shakes in horror* fancy upgrade of an upgrade, instead of the original creativity it should be commended for.

As always,

Holla Eazy Baby

[This message has been edited by Angelscream (edited March 19, 2001).]
Old March 20, 2001, 08:37   #9
Thoth
King

Local Time: 04:43
quote:

Originally posted by wittlich on 03-19-2001 02:13 PM
Back again...boy do I feel stupid!

I realized that I actually did'nt have MGE loaded on my computer! I loaded the game and reinstalled the INDEO Drivers...and it WORKS!

I'm glad you worked it out, I would have had no idea.

I stumbled across this trick by accident. I've been switching back and forth between the two games and forgot to switch the CD. Imagine my suprise when the movie for the HG started playing.

quote:

Ok, I may be shallow...but now that TOT has the Wonder Movies, it is far better that MGE

I still miss the High Council. (Idiots though they are)
Thoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2001, 12:23   #10
wittlich

quote:

Originally posted by Thoth on 03-20-2001 07:37 AM

I still miss the High Council. (Idiots though they are)

I agree...I thought the High Council was a nice break from just having the regular turns. Granted, the High Councils advise was not always sound, but their bickering with one another was humourous at times
Old March 21, 2001, 01:25   #11
rwprice
Warlord

Local Time: 03:43
I'm brand new, both to this forum and to Civ2. I stumbled across ToT a few weeks ago and picked it up. Then I read about MGE and couldn't resist getting it too. I liked the graphics in ToT better, but didn't want to miss out on the wonder movies. So, when I read about being able to use the MGE CD to get the movies, that did the trick for me! Now all I have to do is build wonders so that I can see them! I'm learning, and realize just how far I have to go.
rwprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2001, 01:39   #12
Angelscream
Settler

quote:

Originally posted by rwprice on 03-21-2001 12:25 AM
I'm brand new, both to this forum and to Civ2. I stumbled across ToT a few weeks ago and picked it up. Then I read about MGE and couldn't resist getting it too. I liked the graphics in ToT better, but didn't want to miss out on the wonder movies. So, when I read about being able to use the MGE CD to get the movies, that did the trick for me!

If you haven't done so already, please vote for ToT in the 'Voting Booth' near the bottom of this forum's page. It is under MGE vs ToT, and if dosen't take very long to vote. You will do Test of Time a great favor, as it only needs a couple more votes to take the lead from MGE.

Oh, and welcome abord!

Holla Eazy Baby

------------------
- Pantera, Datalinks
Old March 21, 2001, 14:42   #13
Daddy-O
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesC3CDG Team BabylonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 03:43
I don't play MGE. I usually play 2.42 but just picked up ToT. ($4.95 at Walmart!) Anyway, I seem to like 2.42 better and now I hear that there are no movies in ToT. I was wondering what was wrong with my install. Why should I vote for ToT?

Go ahead convince me.

------------------
Please use this email:
theidiots@yahoo.com or
skrobism@att.net
"Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2001, 15:52   #14
Angelscream
Settler

quote:

Originally posted by skrobism on 03-21-2001 01:42 PM
Why should I vote for ToT?

Go ahead convince me.

If I said your mother drank the stinking juices from a dead buffalo then would you vote for ToT? In fact you are lucky I dont live next to you, as I would kick your friggin ass every single day until you became my ***** and begged me to screw you just to make me feel better.

Then would you vote for ToT *******?

Dont mess with me, I dont play games with losers like you.

Holla Eazy Baby

------------------
- Pantera, Datalinks
[This message has been edited by Angelscream (edited March 21, 2001).]
Old March 22, 2001, 10:25   #15
wittlich

Now Anglescream, was all of that REALLY necessary?

I thought Skrobism had a valid question, and you just jumped all over him! After your tirade, do you really think he's going to vote for TOT?

Please Angle, take something for your nerves and mellow out a bit.
Old March 22, 2001, 10:39   #16
wittlich

quote:

Originally posted by skrobism on 03-21-2001 01:42 PM
I don't play MGE. I usually play 2.42 but just picked up ToT. ($4.95 at Walmart!) Anyway, I seem to like 2.42 better and now I hear that there are no movies in ToT. I was wondering what was wrong with my install. Why should I vote for ToT?

Go ahead convince me.

Hi Skrobism! I will try to answer your question (since Anglescream seems to be out of sorts today) on why TOT is better than MGE.

At first, I too voted for MGE, but I changed my vote after I found out that the Wonder Movies can be played in TOT (just use your MGE CD instead of the TOT CD...I don't know if your CIVII 2.42 CD would work, but you can try ).

The reason why I like TOT is because you are not just limited to Earth with only "the space race" to Alpha Centauri like you have in MGE. In TOT, you colonize Earth and then later in the game, Centauri too! In addition, the graphics of TOT are much better than MGE.
Though TOT does not have the Throne Room or the High Council (and I do miss them in TOT), these two extras (in my opinion) are not enough to make MGE better than TOT. So because of all of this, I have changed my vote to TOT.

I for one, would like to apologize for Angel's uncalled for tirade on you earlier in this thread.
Ciao!

[This message has been edited by wittlich (edited March 22, 2001).]
Old March 22, 2001, 12:31   #17
Angelscream
Settler

quote:

Originally posted by wittlich on 03-22-2001 09:25 AM
Now Anglescream, was all of that REALLY necessary?

I thought Skrobism had a valid question, and you just jumped all over him! After your tirade, do you really think he's going to vote for TOT?

Please Angle, take something for your nerves and mellow out a bit.

Sorry Wittlich

It's just... I get so... well... DRUNK

Still Hollering Eazy

------------------
"I said I love but I lied."
- Pantera, Datalinks
Old March 22, 2001, 18:03   #18
wittlich

lol - Now I understand
Old March 28, 2001, 16:43   #19
Smokey tha nuke man
Warlord

yo, yo, yo. da smokes voted for ToT. I love the f*cking robots!

anyone who does not like thge robots, YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY WHILE I HAVE HOT, SWEATY MONKEY SEX WITH YOUR MOM WHILE SATAN GETS YOU UP THE ASS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Smokey tha nuke man is offline   Reply With Quote