Old August 28, 2000, 19:44   #1
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 03:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
AI options
How about these for options - don't know if it possible at this stage of development, but its a thought...

The AI civs normally have a variety of personalities (aggressive, peaceful, religious, and so forth). Is is possible to give the player an option of what civ personalities to play against when setting up a game - and also allow the human to set a level of aggressiveness for the AI.

Related to this is what AI types generally do the best in a single-player game. I have never noticed, and was wondering if anyone had.

I also noticed that in MedMod4, the creators were able to help civs that are behind by giving to them a random chance of discovering additional advances. I do not know if a trigger can be created for this in CTP2, but a possible solution to help boost the AI civs that are lagging, is to have them be more willing to trade advances, gift maps, gold and trade routes with other AI civs in order to catch up - and coordinate a combined strike against the human civ.

I do not know if the AI does this now in CTP - I'm assuming not too much.
Old August 29, 2000, 16:26   #2
MadWoodster
Warlord

Local Time: 08:53
I think all advances should be easier to develop as other nations develop them, also how about spying missions to get limited science info, also sales of units as in real life where many countries sell subs and missiles.
One thing that annoyed me in CTP is the lack of technology swapping, this definity needs increasing, mind you there's alot the AI needed improvement on lets hope the latest news on it is indeed the good news it looks like.
Old August 29, 2000, 17:26   #3
Slingshot
Prince

Local Time: 08:53
I recall that in Civ II, the most successful AI entities tended to be the most agressive. Maybe this was because I was always a passive, science hungry player .

Again, in Civ II there was the "ding and dong civilizations sign the wombat treaty to stop aggression!" In a way, that leaned towards joint attacks.

Madwoodster: I agree about the frustrations with tech swapping. The amount of interactivity in CTPI was quite dissapointing!

[This message has been edited by Slingshot (edited August 30, 2000).]