Old September 4, 2000, 17:10   #1
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Some advice to the CTP2 team
1) Don't include obscure, inconsequential civilisations just because one of you happens to be of that nationality. We don't give a damn where any of you are from. After you release the game, you can put in all the stupid civilisations you want, in your own copy.

2) Don't make the civilisation leaders out of your own pictures. You all really aren't that good looking, plus, we'd kind of like to see REAL leaders that we can recognize. Also, fire whoever came up with that idea in the first place, because it was a dumb idea.

just some advice i had. there's more too, i'm sure, but it's all been hashed out over and over again.
Old September 4, 2000, 17:15   #2
MarkG

those were pictures of diplomats not leaders...

Old September 4, 2000, 23:28   #3
Big Dave
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

I have to agree with Connorkimbro, no Jamicans, Cubans, Corsicans or other politicol non-entities. I don't care about the pics, if diplomat pics are Mr. Ogre and St. Swithin or Mr. Ed and Bill & Ted is irrelevant.

On the other hand, if Activision wanted to do some historical research and get pics of some leaders for use in CTP2, that would be cool. Take a picture of a bust of Caesar, give the pic to Ted Turner to get colorized..... Ok, maybe not.

------------------
Big Dave

If you don't stand for anything
you'll fall for everything.
Old September 6, 2000, 14:54   #4
LT John
Prince

Local Time: 08:53
Well we're 50% there. The diplomat pics are nixed, but you'll still see some of the less historically consequential nation choices in the game.
Old September 6, 2000, 18:10   #5
Atahualpa
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Emperor

Local Time: 09:53
Hey Cubans are great!!!
I hope Austrians did make it in (yeah sometimes I like to play my own nation, its not patriotism its just when I dont know what to take then I take the default and this is: Austria).

ATa
Old September 7, 2000, 22:35   #6
Nemo
Prince

pictures?...did someone say pictures?
i guess i squacked earlier, not realizing how much work still wasn't done...i thought it was in beta already. glad to here that the missing diplomat pictures were merely due to just not getting to put them in yet and not purposely left out.
personally i could care less what the minor nations' diplomats look like, because i bet most pepole don't even know what the heck the real leaders looked like. but as for the major countries, (e.g. romans) as long as it is close to historical leader would be nice.
as for the minor nations...
why does it matter what nations are in there? if you dont like them...don't play as them, and if they are in the game...squash them - you'll make the game more historical if you do