Old October 6, 2000, 22:31   #1
Citizen W
Settler

Local Time: 08:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My big question
Howdy from a lurker who really enjoys this site. I began my hobby as a computer gamer by a chance purchase of Civ II and have been hoping ever since (well, actually after about a year when the addiction finally subsided enough to think about buying another game) for a new and improved version. I really thought CTP was a very good game, without the mods but with the patch, except for one exception. It seemed like every game I played, late in the game, the same phenomenom occurred.

I end my turn. Some info pops up. I hear the sound of bombardment. I frantically close the screen. The bombardment, now with rockets, continues. I scroll all over my empire. I cannot find what the @#$%%^% is going on. Argh. I can usually endure this for 2-4 turns before I quit.

My question, will this be fixed? And not in a "mod" I never have been able to figure out how those work (not of the computer age, but trying). Thanks for the reply.
Old October 7, 2000, 01:15   #2
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 02:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
With the Med mod, all you need to know is how to use winzip in order to install it, and just today I tutored someone who had never used winzip through the process and a successful installation of the mod.
After that, just read the readmes to learn about the changes in the mod.
Since being posted at Apolyton, the mod has been downloaded over a thousand times, and this was the first email I have received about installation trouble.

Btw, the bug you mentioned is a well-known one, that you just have to put up with. Try some posts in the Ctp forums with specifics, and you can probably be told what is happening (like bombardment from space).