Old November 5, 2000, 15:27   #1
Triphosphatase
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I meant settle in borders as in settle inside your borders. If you could, it would be tremendously stupid:

'Canada has secretely settled a colony in the United States. The US was forced to change its borders to accomodate the colony. The land stretching 5km in all directions from the colony was handed over to Canada'
[This message has been edited by Triphosphatase (edited November 05, 2000).]
Old November 5, 2000, 16:45   #2
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by Triphosphatase on 11-05-2000 02:27 PM
I meant settle in borders as in settle inside your borders. If you could, it would be tremendously stupid
no, i dont think something like could happen. or that something like that has been overlooked...

Old November 5, 2000, 16:48   #3
Dida
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by Triphosphatase on 11-05-2000 12:37 PM
2. When you conquer a city, would there be an option to pillage instead of take (Or take the entire city population into slavery)?

I would love to have the option to pillage captured enemy city, that's a common behavior for a victorious army in History. But such an act shall arouse huge protects from other civs and lower your reputation. The conscquences should be more serious in modern time than Ancient time.

Old November 5, 2000, 20:38   #4
Slax
Prince

Local Time: 03:56
We were told in a post from Activision (in a thread about 'solving' ICS using expanding city radius) that cities cannot be settled within 2 spaces of each other.
[This message has been edited by Slax (edited November 05, 2000).]
Old November 5, 2000, 21:29   #5
Biddles
Prince

It should only lower your reputation with othe rcivs that you know. If you meet a civ afterwards, the pillage is just a rumor.

------------------
- Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
Mars Colonizer Mission
Old November 6, 2000, 01:37   #6
Triphosphatase
Chieftain

Settling in other's border, pillage/inslave questions.
I have 2 questions for some Activisionaries.

1. Can other civs settle in your own border? If they could, the game would be completely ruined for me. One of the most annoying thing in Civ2/CTP is that the AI will settle the tinniest gap in your cities.

2. When you conquer a city, would there be an option to pillage instead of take (Or take the entire city population into slavery)?
Old November 6, 2000, 01:43   #7
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by Triphosphatase on 11-05-2000 12:37 PM
1. Can other civs settle in your own border? If they could, the game would be completely ruined for me. One of the most annoying thing in Civ2/CTP is that the AI will settle the tinniest gap in your cities.

first of all things are going to be a bit more different, since there is an exact border line, and not zones of control around the cities.

secondly, this is one my habits in smac(which had borders like ctp2 will have), i wouldnt want to loose it!

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited November 05, 2000).]