Old November 4, 2000, 03:26   #1
Dida
Prince

Local Time: 08:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
what time period do you like the most?
I found the Ancient, expecially the Rainessane age most interesting in a Civ game. During this time our city looks more beautiful than ever (in CTP picture for moderm city really sucks). We got plenty of different units to build, science and production're going up, the hard time is (for the most time) behind us.
For the moderm era the game starts to get a little tiresome and the micromanagement just pisses me off. I hate the space era in CTP1, space city is just such a boredom and I really don't want to handle multi-level warfare.
What about you? which time frame of the game do you like the most? share your experience.
Old November 4, 2000, 16:34   #2
red_jon
NationStates
King

Local Time: 08:56
The modern and future eras SHOULD be more interesting, but are mainly annoying as the game starts to horribly slow down (and I have a 500MHZ computer so its not me!).

I like the future governments, but the micromanagement (having to change what every city is building every turn because production is so high) is most annoying in the future and I only have around 6-9 cities (including space and sea) maximum!

------------------
...And if the British Commonwealth and its people live for a thousand years, man will still say "this was their finest hour"- Winston Churchill.
Old November 6, 2000, 11:06   #3
Big Dave
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 02:56
My favorite time period is between now and Q1 of 2001 when Activision finally releases the fixed game.

Ok, now that I've vented, I like the begining of the game. I love the exploration, picking new city sites, and expanding my fledgling empire until I contact new civs. This is (for me) the most challenging part of the game, before I'm well established, when the AI could still feasibly wipe me out.

------------------
Big Dave

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me!