Old October 30, 2000, 11:14   #1
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 10:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Does anyone here speak Hungarian?
I found another preview about CtP (I knew those search engines would come in handy some day ), but it's in Hungarian Anyway, it's got some new screenshots, so I'd thought I'd mention it any.

Oh, I'd almost forget, you can find it here: http://www.pcdome.hu/preview/calltopower2/index.html
[This message has been edited by Locutus (edited October 30, 2000).]
Old October 30, 2000, 11:48   #2
lev
Warlord

Local Time: 08:56
I speak a little (yes, there's more than one Magyar on the forums :-), but I'm afraid translating the article is way beyond me.

Nice to see some more screenshots, tho...
Old October 31, 2000, 04:40   #3
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Hungarian is my native language, so I will try to see if I can translate the article. Unfortunately my time is limited and my english is not that good as I wish...

I'm going to see that preview now.
Old October 31, 2000, 04:46   #4
Blade Runner
Prince

Local Time: 09:56
Locotus,

I can speak Hungarian. I am Civ and CTP fun, and my spare time I write a few article for this on-line magazine too. I can write in English on a level too, but for me the translation is also difficult because of my limited English vocabulary. Shortly: I used a maybe may-june-july release of preview code to write a few impression about the game. Of course it was just to show a few new cool looking unit, building and wonder, but wasn't a finished game. The article dosn't contain anything what you cannot read here already. After the game release I will write a new review about the game. Probably I will send the English translation of the article to Mark and Dan to put it in the site.

BTW I was very happy to see somebody find my article even if it is in Hungarian.

Blade
[This message has been edited by Blade Runner (edited October 31, 2000).]
Old October 31, 2000, 04:48   #5
Blade Runner
Prince

Szia Tiberius!

Végre egy magyar!

Blade
Old October 31, 2000, 08:36   #6
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Hehe, so it was you after all, Blade? I noticed the name Blade under the article and I remembered there was a Blade Runner here at Apolyton, so for a moment it went through my head: "would that be 'our' Blade?", but I immeadiately discarded it. I mean, there's so many Blade's out there, what are the odds? But I was right after all

Oh well, too bad about there's no new info in there. At least you delivered us all some cool screenshots
Old October 31, 2000, 17:49   #7
MagyarCrusader

Bladerunner, do you have Civ2: Test of Time?

------------------
"There is no more illustrious history than the history of the Magyar Nation... The whole civilized world is indebted to Magyarland for its historic deeds."
-Theodore Roosevelt, to the Hungarian Parliament,
April 2, 1910

Old November 1, 2000, 02:16   #8
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Szia Blade,

Mar Belgiumban is vannak magyarok?
Kulomben en Erdelyben elek, pontosabban Temesvaron.

I'm happy that I don't have to translate that article, after all. You are using some nice words, Blade, and I spent all my free time yesterday searching in dictionaries. Fortunately all my free time were only a few minutes ("ugyan olyan jól lehet játszani egy elefántcsontból faragott és gyémántokkal kirakott, mint akár egy kenyérbélbol gyúrt és cipoboksszal feketére festett készlettel" Nice to read, but a nightmare for a translator)

Anyway, nice article. Too bad that there's not much new info in it (if any). But is good to read as many previews (articles, opinions) as possible, before bying a game.
Old November 1, 2000, 06:25   #9
Blade Runner
Prince

Hi Tiberius,

I never thuoght my article was easily translateable and I never intended to write it such a way. I tried to write in such a way as to raise interest in the CTP2 game and the genre as a whole. I shall try to find a way to translate the article into English, so everybody on Apolyton can read it.

Köszi a segítségért mindenesetre!

Hi Magyarcrusader,

No I haven't got TOT. I tried it but I stuck to my golden oldie CIV2 and the newer SMAC and CTP. Do you speak Hungarian BTW?

Blade
Old November 1, 2000, 19:53   #10
MagyarCrusader

quote:

Hi Magyarcrusader,

No I haven't got TOT. I tried it but I stuck to my golden oldie CIV2 and the newer SMAC and CTP. Do you speak Hungarian BTW?

Hi Bladerunner. I remember you from a while back, but I don't think you will remember me. When CTP1 first came out, Harlan Thompson was trying to make a WW2 scenario for it, and we were going to help him along with John Petroski. I was using my real name back then, Michael Jeszenka, instead of this handle. I made a ToT scenario for the Scenario Design contest sponsored by HAC (an apolyton hosted site). Although the scenario is mostly fictious, it is set in the late 1400s where you get to play as the Hungarians under Matyas I and fight Vlad the impaler, not to mention a horde of Turks. I thought you may be insterested since nobody has made a scenario playable as the Hungarians, but since you don't have it, oh well. Actually, my scenario isn't released yet and won't be until January of 2001.

Sorry, I don't know Hungarian , yet. I live in California and I'm finishing my last year in high school. Afterwards I'm going to try to get into a university in Budapest and change all that.

------------------
"There is no more illustrious history than the history of the Magyar Nation... The whole civilized world is indebted to Magyarland for its historic deeds."
-Theodore Roosevelt, to the Hungarian Parliament,
April 2, 1910

Old November 2, 2000, 12:32   #11
Blade Runner
Prince

Hi Jeszenka,

Oh, of course I remember you! We were waiting for the CTP1, and we were dissapointed when we got it. I hope (and I think, because I played with the preview version :-) )the new version will be much better, so we can start to do i.e. the WWII scenario, or something else. BTW I have no information about the new scenario language, because the CTP2 preview version used the old one, and it contain no editor whatsoever.

Welcome back my friend!

Blade
Old November 6, 2000, 17:54   #12
Maccabee2
Warlord

Local Time: 03:56
My brother's political science professor is Hungarian, and also counts himself Magyar. He indirectly influence me to choose my major -- Poly Sci forever!