Old November 7, 2000, 05:13   #1
Nemo
Prince

Local Time: 02:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
for all the guinea pigs...
to all those buying this game during the first days...
since it is going gold, please report back to us skeptical people after you have purchased it.
looking forward to complaints/praises et al.
thank

p.s. just no complaints about being ripped off, cause you were forwarned by many on this forum

------------------
"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
-Michael Sinz
Old November 7, 2000, 08:00   #2
Biddles
Prince

Local Time: 08:57
Even if it is **** ..... well, maybe we will just lie as a twisted sort of revenge on all those who warned us.

------------------
- Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
Mars Colonizer Mission
Old November 7, 2000, 08:38   #3
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 09:57
I generally find that the media are good at spotting bad games but bad at spotting buggy games. I fully expect Ctp2 to get good reviews even if it later turns out to have some bugs that are not apparent at first sight. What reviewer is going to play 1000+ turns at king+ level both 1 player and over a network anyway? It'll only be once the clever peeps here have had a chance to really delve into its depths that we will know for sure if the game is fools gold or the genuine article. I plan to be playing at least my second game by then. Any game that advances the genre is better than nothing - which is what we've had from the 'genuine' Civ camp for years.
Old November 7, 2000, 12:05   #4
Drakenred
Warlord

I hate to point this out, but even Beta testers dont always have good reviews, after all they aften are basing it on the last Beta that they played, and some gamebreaking tactics (ICS) often dont crop up untill after folks have been playing for a while.
Old November 7, 2000, 14:42   #5
Nemo
Prince

Local Time: 02:57
I dont want to hear beta reviews or game site reviews. i want to hear what actual players have to say about the game, when its gold
i am skeptical, i know this game can be good, but it appears as if it has been rushed again.
lets see...if it goes gold this friday that means it should be on shelves within 2 weeks - hmmm in two weeks is "black firday" the buisiest shopping day of the year. i think i called that when the release date was still trying to be figured out
[This message has been edited by Nemo (edited November 07, 2000).]
Old November 7, 2000, 18:08   #6
Ubersandwich
Chieftain

Although I am anxiously anticipating the release of CTP II and being optimistic about the quality of Activison's game, I do see your point, Nemo... not bad