Old November 16, 2000, 06:52   #1
Yoleus
Warlord

Local Time: 08:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
City Radius
Can someone please tell me which are the city radiuses, how are the progressive resource gathering zones shaped and what population sizes trigger the expansions to the next level?
Thanks.

By the way, are you happy with the expansion sizes?
Old November 16, 2000, 11:12   #2
Dogbreath
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I really like the city expansion. Game starts with a city radius of 1, meaning the site of your city and the 8 tiles around it. I think that the progression to radius 2 was at size 6, but it might be 7. Seems like if you have the public works you can really boost production and food once you start to expand. The max as i know it is four tiles out. I haven't yet seen the change to radius 3 (unless I missed it, it was getting kinda late!!) and have a city of around size 21.

Building an auqaduct increases the max city size by 14, but I'm not sure what the original limit it. There are two other city improvements that also increase the limit by 14. Thus the theoretical city limit is (X + 14 + 14 + 14) = X + 42, where X is the city limit without improvements.

What is the largest city anyone has built? In the manual I saw a picture of one size 60.

Also:

The empire border is 4 tiles out in all directions except diagonally, same as in CTPI, from your cities.