Old November 16, 2000, 22:26   #1
Stratesford
Warlord

Local Time: 09:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Bugs !!!
Post your bugs here:

I had a problem when trying to move my ship of the line in to a city to disband. plz help me
Old November 18, 2000, 12:16   #2
phix
Settler

I've asked another civilization to withdraw it's troops... and they agreed... Yet NEVER WITHDRAW! Even if I threaten to Declare war, and I'm 1000x more powerful. (and no... I don't have any troops hanging out near the tresspassing troops)
Old November 18, 2000, 14:28   #3
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by phix on 11-18-2000 11:16 AM
I've asked another civilization to withdraw it's troops... and they agreed... Yet NEVER WITHDRAW! Even if I threaten to Declare war, and I'm 1000x more powerful. (and no... I don't have any troops hanging out near the tresspassing troops)
since you threatened with war and was rejected or ignored, then go to war. two things will happen:
- the opponent will very soon ask you for cease fire without you attacking him or anything, and then you can counter-propose to also withdraw his units
- same thing as above but you will have to attack his units

Old November 18, 2000, 15:16   #4
phix
Settler

ahhh ok... I'll try that... NOw is it a bug though that they will accept to withdraw but don't? Or are they just lying? That would be a nice added feature if a human player could do that "Yeah, sure, i'll withdraw my troops." and then choose an option to not do it.
Old November 18, 2000, 17:53   #5
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by phix on 11-18-2000 02:16 PM
ahhh ok... I'll try that... NOw is it a bug though that they will accept to withdraw but don't? Or are they just lying?
well i guess it depends on the ai personality again. if a peacefull-diplomatic ai doesnt keeps his promises you have a problem. if a "barbarian" ai doesnt, it makes perfect sense
quote:

That would be a nice added feature if a human player could do that "Yeah, sure, i'll withdraw my troops." and then choose an option to not do it.
you actually can do that. when you agree to withdraw your units, they are not automatically withdrawn. you literally have to move them out of the opponent's area.