Old November 19, 2000, 15:37   #1
ajbera
Prince

Local Time: 09:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Question (and request)
First, I apologize to Mark if this is in the incorrect forum.

Second - I have the unfortunate liability of being color-blind. This especially sucked in CtP with a multitude of civs, as I constantly had to open the diplomacy screen, see what color represented which civ, then drag the diplomacy window by the unit in question to see if the colors matched. I didn't have to do this all the time, but some of the colors are practically indistinguishable to me. I blame my parents (and their faulty genes).

In CtP1 you could not identify a unit's civ merely by highlighting or selecting with the cursor. In the excellent MedMod there was a feature where the dip. menu could be called up by selecting an opponent's unit, but I still had to perform an excruciating color comparison.

So...question: in CtP2 can you select an opponent and be told what civ they are from? If not...request for WesW and the other modmakers: can a SLIC routine be written so that the civ is displayed by name when the opponent's unit is selected?

This isn't a major deal, but it is frustrating. Any help would be appreciated by this CtP-loving mutant.
Old November 19, 2000, 16:35   #2
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by ajbera on 11-19-2000 02:37 PM
So...question: in CtP2 can you select an opponent and be told what civ they are from?
unfortunately no

Old November 19, 2000, 17:28   #3
Bonsei
Settler

Yes you can!!!

Well, you don't actually select the enemy unit, but if you point the mouse at it, you can see the nationality and type of the units(s) on the status bar in the bottom right corner - in addition to the terrain type, tile improvements, and country (borders) this unit is in.
Old November 20, 2000, 09:38   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:01
Well, it seems like Bonsei already 'solved' your problem, but it's possible to write a SLIC routine for it as well.
Old November 20, 2000, 12:09   #5
ajbera
Prince

I don't have the game yet, so I can't confirm Bonsei's statement, but as he has no reason to lie about it I'll assume that my troubles are over and that we (I) do not need the SLIC routine.
Thanks for your help, gentlemen.
Old November 20, 2000, 14:34   #6
Bonsei
Settler

No lie, promise!
Old November 20, 2000, 14:41   #7
skorpion59
Prince

Local Time: 03:01
Bonsei is correct. In the beta versions, more info than you really need was always available in the status bar on the bottom right. You just had to get used to always looking there.
Old November 20, 2000, 17:21   #8
Rainstorm
Settler

I know this sounds stupid, but what is SLIC? I have seen a lot of people mention it in posts.