Old November 17, 2000, 21:17   #1
Drakenred
Warlord

Local Time: 09:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Will Wonders ever cease?
No, Seriously,

Most of the WondersoftheWorld never, EVER stop working, so long as you own them, Dont lose them to capture or bombardment, dont sell, fold, staple, mutilate, burn, or spill coffee on them, you keep their bonuses.

witch means that (for example)the Piramid may Just be worth as mutch as 100,000 Gold by the end of the game.(so doan Rush buy it!)

(incidentaly, that also Seems to mean that you can keep Sacrifing Criminals to apease the gods under comunism!)

(Just a thought, combine Chi'chen Ixza with the O crime bill, does that mean that a govenrment with that combo will send Drug Adicts to Drug rehab befor they are sacrificed to apease the gods?)
Old November 20, 2000, 10:06   #2
Chaos
Chieftain

yeah I noticed that myself, only the appian way, east india company, forbidden city and the great wall expire.

they also seemed to tone them back a lot. there are no super, must have, game deciding wonders like there was in ctp 1.

I like it.
Old November 20, 2000, 11:34   #3
Drakenred
Warlord

quote:

Originally posted by Chaos on 11-20-2000 09:06 AM
yeah I noticed that myself, only the appian way, east india company, forbidden city and the great wall expire.

they also seemed to tone them back a lot. there are no super, must have, game deciding wonders like there was in ctp 1.

I like it.

i do to now that i have a pair of games finished. other than a few of the "Wonders" that are not, (East India Trading company is a bit odd to have as a wonder, you would almost say that Standard Oil And Trust, RDS, or other "Big Oil" companies as legitmate a group of "Wonders of the World" than the EIC. (heck even MICROSOFT or its eviler twins(joking), Intel, Cisco, (and yes im a stockholder in all, so im biased)) would be legit WOTW.

or you can go another way and say "Wall" street is a true Wonder of the modern World.

Old November 20, 2000, 17:52   #4
Zane_NBK
Settler

Hmmm.. There are still a few mega wonders. There are one or two that give you a plus to research and one that gives you a computer center in every city (that one is a definate must have), there's also Penicillin (increased growth in the empire) and the force field wonder (force field in every city). That force field wonder is a great tactical advantage. You take an enemy city and instantly it's defenses are buffed.

Of course you could just do like I did and build every wonder. :P Actually I believe one of the enemy did build one very very early on (playing medium difficulty, 5 civs).

-Zane