Old November 19, 2000, 17:54   #1
Nemo
Prince

Local Time: 03:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I have some game questions and comments...
1-Why does the "rename city" option not come up automatically? (i adjusted teh .txt file to "yes" but the name won't lock in) - will this be fixed?
2-What are the Feats of Wonders, they are not listed in the manual or GL (and i found a .txt file w/ some info, but not enouhg, and i shouldn't have to hunt through program files to find this!)
3-is there an equivalant of stonhenge? to help feed my people?
4-what is "diplomacylog=" for in the profile menu? i would lke to see a list of past foriegn interactions if possible
5-i found a throne.txt file and a "throneroom=Yes" line in another file. so,is there a throne room that can be activated? (the files dont appear to be CTPI leftover)

and most important of all...
6-where is the option to sell my city improvements???

comments: so far teh game is MUCH better than I was thinking it would be, and i am happy with it so far, but only have been playing for 2 hours. The AI seems much smarter, and the UI only jerks every once in a while, other than that the UI is very fast. the interface is very nice (i only fumble trying to get all city units (fortified and sleep) to show under the units tab though)
Old November 19, 2000, 19:51   #2
Mad-Kat
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:01
quote:

Originally posted by Nemo on 11-19-2000 04:54 PM
1-Why does the "rename city" option not come up automatically? (i adjusted teh .txt file to "yes" but the name won't lock in) - will this be fixed?

No idea, I just choose rename from the right click list. So you're saying there's an option to have it pop up when you first found a city?

quote:

2-What are the Feats of Wonders, they are not listed in the manual or GL (and i found a .txt file w/ some info, but not enouhg, and i shouldn't have to hunt through program files to find this!)

These are little rewards for being the first to find a revolutionary technology. For example for being the first to discover computers you get 5% to all science for 15 turns.

quote:

3-is there an equivalant of stonhenge? to help feed my people?

Don't think so. The only wonder that helps growth I can see is the Modern one "Penicillin"

quote:

4-what is "diplomacylog=" for in the profile menu? i would lke to see a list of past foriegn interactions if possible

Sorry, no idea.

quote:

5-i found a throne.txt file and a "throneroom=Yes" line in another file. so,is there a throne room that can be activated? (the files dont appear to be CTPI leftover)

Don't miss the throne room to be honest, I usually turned it off.

quote:

In the City Manger Window under Inverntory.
Old November 19, 2000, 20:03   #3
MarkG

quote:

i was going to suggest to see that entry in the userprofile, but then i noticed that you said you already tried it...

Old November 20, 2000, 04:41   #4
AI_Scripter
Chieftain

"1-Why does the "rename city" option not come up automatically? (i adjusted teh .txt file to "yes" but the name won't lock in) - will this be fixed?"

Hmmm.. It worked for me. I just changed the line that had AutoRenameCities = no to yes in the userprofile.txt file in the ..\ctp2_program\ctp folder and it now automatically asks for a new city name each time I build one.

BTW, how do you get those quoted messages in your replies?
Old November 20, 2000, 04:57   #5
Mad-Kat
Chieftain

quote:

Originally posted by AI_Scripter on 11-20-2000 03:41 AM
BTW, how do you get those quoted messages in your replies?

Choose "Reply with quote" from the post.

Old November 20, 2000, 20:44   #6
Mr Ogre
Warlord

quote:

AutoRenameCities only works if AutoOpenCityWindow is off (and AutoOpenCityWindow actually opens the build queue window)

quote:

Feats are supposed to be surprises There aren't as many of them as we hoped, but I'm not going to go and tell everyone what they all are, getting them by accident the first time is half the fun.

quote:

Debug option, no effect in the shipped version.

quote:

Actually, they are CTP1 leftovers. There's no throne room.

quote:

As someone else answered, on the inventory tab of the city manager.

quote:

comments: so far teh game is MUCH better than I was thinking it would be, and i am happy with it so far, but only have been playing for 2 hours. The AI seems much smarter, and the UI only jerks every once in a while, other than that the UI is very fast. the interface is very nice (i only fumble trying to get all city units (fortified and sleep) to show under the units tab though)

Glad you're mostly enjoying it

[This message has been edited by Mr Ogre (edited November 20, 2000).]
Old November 21, 2000, 02:21   #7
AI_Scripter
Chieftain

"AutoRenameCities only works if AutoOpenCityWindow is off (and AutoOpenCityWindow actually opens the build queue window)"

Well, this isn't true for me. In my userprofiles.txt file, AutoOpenCityWindow is set to yes and yet AutoRenameCities still works.

BTW, I tried using the reply with quote option, but it isn't working properly for me. It just quotes the last of someone's post and it doesn't show it right either. Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by AI_Scripter (edited November 21, 2000).]