Old November 20, 2000, 23:31   #1
jkadabomb
Warlord

Local Time: 09:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Lawyers, Corporate Branches, Piracy etc In CPT2
What did Activision due to correct these nuisances in the game? I really enjoyed CPTI except for these units and others like them because they were just nuisances that made you want to break the CD. I like the concept of them but I believe their role should be greatly reduced. All lawyers and televanglists and corporate branches did in the last game was force you to have a lawyer in every city and the AI sent wave after wave of them pretty much destroying the game. Before I buy CPTII I want to know what activision did to allevieate the nuisances caused by these units. (I know that activision didnt get rid of them although if they couldnt find a way to solve the problems they caused they should have)
Old November 20, 2000, 23:41   #2
Mad-Kat
Chieftain

Any stealth unit can see any other now. So they are easier to see and deal with.
Old November 20, 2000, 23:44   #3
Freddz
Prince

For me, piracy was always too easy to execute. Is it harder now, or is it always successful?
Old November 21, 2000, 10:42   #4
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 10:01
As far as i've heard, piracy is always succesful, except it won't destroy the trade route. It means you don't keep building caravans and that defending trade routes is possible.
Old November 21, 2000, 11:35   #5
Chaos
Chieftain

yeah Piracy has been redone. now the pirate only takes the cash from the route and the route stays. and if you like you can trace the route and hunt down the offending unit.

I think that is really cool.

and so far I have seen some of the special units going after other civs. but I have not had any invade my own territory. I have also not had any one pillage my fisheries either. which is a BIG plus.
Old November 21, 2000, 11:53   #6
DaddyCool
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:01
Yeah, those units were annoying in CTP.

In my current game (medium difficulty), which is currently aroung 1200AD, I'm surrounded by 4 civs on a large continent. So, they've had lots of oppoturtunity to use the stealth units on me.

The French sent over a couple slavers a long time ago. I've since signed a Peace Treaty with them, and they've never done it since.

The Americans also tried once, but unfourtunatley for them, he tried to come by an army with a slaver in the stack, so I dealt with him quickly.

The other two civs haven't sent any yet. But, I see slaves in a couple of their cities, so they look like they've been sending them somewhere.

The only other stealth units that can be built so far are cleric and diplomat, and I haven't seen any of those yet from the AI.

So, the AI seems to use them, but it's not so much of an overkill.