Old November 25, 2000, 21:36   #1
Tex
Settler

Local Time: 09:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Key Wonders and Techs
I'm a long time Civ player but a first time CTP player. I've been playing steadily since CTP2's release.

The tech tree in CTP2 is huge! Any advice on what are the key wonders/techs? Anything from CTP1 that is of help?

In Civ, I always went for Great Library, Leonardo's Workshop, etc. I haven't found any equivalents in CTP2 but right now I work towards those wonders that don't expire (like Hagia Sophia).
Old November 25, 2000, 22:52   #2
Augustus
Settler

Local Time: 09:04
Get them all it seems easy enough... Seriously The wonders in this game don't seem to have a game altering dramatic effect like some of the ones in civ 2...there were some in that game i remember you just quit and start over if you were beat to them..and I am a Civ Diety player..but haven't played for a good 2 years.

I would say I like happiness wonders in general (a habit I admitedly developed in Civ 2 since i played diety you can understand =)). I also like science wonders like Aristotles Lyceum because I am a science freak and like to stay well ahead of my opponents in tech so i cna smack them down with ruthless effeciency ;o)
Old November 27, 2000, 10:52   #3
Didymus
lifer
Warlord

Local Time: 04:04
The wonder that decreases crime by 30% is my favorite, but also the Ramamaya (sp?) +3 Happiness everywhere.
This helps with cities far from home and, and/or enables you to push the workday to 14 hrs (useful in early game; less so later due to pollution.)

Later, the Central Matter Decompiler -- less pollution in all your cities. Akin to the Civ2 Hoover Dam, but no production bonus.