Old December 31, 1969, 20:00   #1

Old November 25, 2000, 16:49   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 05:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Strange symbols next to city names
I didn't find this in the manual (yet), but sometimes there are these symbols that come up next to my city names, and I think they have to do with slaves being in my city. But at this point, I don't know what they are supposed to tell me because one of my cities of population siz 11 has 3 slaves in it, and one symbol next to it's name on the main map. Another of my cities has a poulation of 9, and has 2 slaves in it, but it has '2' of these symbols. What is it?

The symbol itself is hard to make out, but I suppose it could look like to fists clenched together with chains on the wrists, but I really can't tell for sure.
Old November 25, 2000, 17:00   #3
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 10:05
Is it anything to do with the number of units that you have in your cities?
Old November 25, 2000, 18:33   #4
Sant-Gilh
Settler

Local Time: 09:05
Symbols to the right of the city name seem to indicate that something nefarious is going on within the city. For example, something that looks like little gears seems to indicate that a Franchise has been placed in the city; a little gavel seems to indicate that the city is under a one-turn Injunction. You can probably check the Message Log for particulars. If you don't have a unit which can see (for example) Lawyers or Corporate Branches, these symbols seem to pop up by PFM. There may be other symbols as well, but these are the only two I remember seeing so far.
Old November 25, 2000, 22:52   #5
MWatts
Settler

quote:

Originally posted by Anunikoba on 11-25-2000 03:49 PM
I didn't find this in the manual (yet), but sometimes there are these symbols that come up next to my city names, and I think they have to do with slaves being in my city. But at this point, I don't know what they are supposed to tell me because one of my cities of population siz 11 has 3 slaves in it, and one symbol next to it's name on the main map. Another of my cities has a poulation of 9, and has 2 slaves in it, but it has '2' of these symbols. What is it?

The symbol itself is hard to make out, but I suppose it could look like to fists clenched together with chains on the wrists, but I really can't tell for sure.

That symbol means you have a slave or slaves in that city.
Old November 26, 2000, 01:51   #6
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 05:05
I had a suspicion it might have something to do with slaves. But now I find it strange that the one city that has less slaves has two of these sympols next to the city name, but the other which has more slaves only has one.

And to Activision: Thanx a lot for being so clear as to what all these symbols mean (here and in the diplomacy screens too)! The manual couldn't have said it any better!! [SARCASM]
Old November 28, 2000, 04:52   #7
marcuspeddle
Iron CiversCivilization IV PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 18:05
I was marching an army towards an American city and there was a Scottish unit nearby. As I passed by (or attacked? my memory is a bit hazy) two trumpets appeared and gave a blast. Does this mean the other civilisation declared war on me?

------------------
A civilisation is great when old men plant trees they will not live to sit under.
Old November 28, 2000, 18:33   #8
Maximus42
Settler

They're pillaging your public works (or maybe those of another player, but I doubt you see that).
Old November 29, 2000, 05:55   #9
marcuspeddle
Iron CiversCivilization IV PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 18:05
Thanks. I don't think the city was mine at the time but I was right next to it. Maybe that's why I saw it; it was in my range of sight.

------------------
If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys.
- - - Orson Welles
Old November 29, 2000, 17:37   #10
Captain_Dave
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:05
what's the eyeball symbol? I've seen it only on foreign cities. I thought it had something to do with spying, but clicking on the city didn't show me any info!

P.S. The manual will be sold separately under the title "Strategy Guide"
Old November 29, 2000, 20:36   #11
Dominous Nemo
Chieftain

The eyeball means that the city has spotted a spy or slaver in the city. Which is a good thing because you know that someone is "attacking" the city.