Old November 27, 2000, 12:01   #1
Men
Settler

Local Time: 09:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Troops dieing
some background information;

Troops outside of walled city in a 12 stack. Combat occurs and the troops are victorious. Lets say ten survive the combat (numbers vary). When entering the city about half of them would die. This only seemed to happen with walled cities.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Old November 27, 2000, 23:04   #2
ThePhage
Settler

I cant say i've had that problem. Maybe you already have troops in that city, and your just getting them mixed up?
I dunno, sorry I cant be any real assistance.
Old November 29, 2000, 09:48   #3
Men
Settler

I noticed it again on my next game. BTW these are multiplayer games over the internet. When your troops take cities that have walls around them some of the victorious troops die upon entry. Very odd and very annoying. Makes it hard to hold cities after you capture them.
Old November 29, 2000, 16:22   #4
mananath
Settler

A few hours ago I was playing a game and took over a city with 4 infantry & 5 cannons. Well the city was located on a mountain and was also size 1. So when I conquered the city it was automatically disbanded -- fine. My problem though was because it was disbanded all of my cannons where destroyed. I am guessing this is because cannons can't be on a mountain without a road?? Still, I didn't CHOOSE to have the city disbanded -- I would have liked to known my cannons would be destroyed!
Old November 29, 2000, 23:50   #5
MWatts
Settler

quote:

Originally posted by mananath on 11-29-2000 03:22 PM
A few hours ago I was playing a game and took over a city with 4 infantry & 5 cannons. Well the city was located on a mountain and was also size 1. So when I conquered the city it was automatically disbanded -- fine. My problem though was because it was disbanded all of my cannons where destroyed. I am guessing this is because cannons can't be on a mountain without a road?? Still, I didn't CHOOSE to have the city disbanded -- I would have liked to known my cannons would be destroyed!

When ever you attack and conquer a city it looses one population, so in the case of that city in the mountains it was effectivly destroyed. The moral is don't attack that type of city with units that are destroyed in it's terrain base.
Old November 30, 2000, 15:41   #6
Men
Settler

These are not size one cities. Has anyone else had this problem? Sure is an annoying bug. Have a nice large army rolling through the enemy cut down due to a bug sure puts a damper on things.