Old December 1, 2000, 09:07   #1
Phalanx2000
Settler

Local Time: 09:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My Units Are At Half Health
Hello,

I am enjoying CTPII very much but I've hit a snag that I cannot find in the manual... I have about 100 units under a Democracy government. Mostly tanks and marines. I got tired of warring around with my neighbors (imagine that ) and went into my Unit Manager and set the slider bar to PEACE. Immediately after that action, all of my hardware lost half their health. This did not happen to marines - just my hardware like my boats and tanks and artillery.

Further, they will not heal either. Most of them were in forts or on 'standby' mode and aren't moving. They got knocked to 50% and are staying there...

My financial position and public works are all gaining, so it isn't a support issue that I can see. I don't have too many cities, either.

What gives?

Thanks in advance.
Old December 1, 2000, 09:41   #2
Didymus
lifer
Warlord

Local Time: 04:05
When you step down your readiness, your military units lose health. This is the trade off for reduced support costs.

The exception is Special Forces. Marines, knights, and various other units are special forces units, which means they are always in 'war' mode -- full health and full support costs. Hence, your marines are at full health.
Old December 1, 2000, 09:51   #3
Phalanx2000
Settler

Local Time: 09:05
Thanks for the fast response!

Ok, well I thought of that and so a couple turns later I set the slider back to WAR and they still didn't gain any health that I could see. Now, in my defense, I didn't wait in WAR mode for more than a couple turns but I didn't see the health bar even creep a little. Is that normal behavior, also?
Old December 1, 2000, 09:57   #4
JamesG2458
Settler

Local Time: 05:05
Yeah, it takes time for your units to ramp back up to wartime capabilities. They need to heal just like wounded units after a battle.

------------------
.JG.
Old December 1, 2000, 14:14   #5
Captain_Dave
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:05
It may take about 10 turns to get your units back to full health, actually much longer than to heal a "wounded" unit.