Old November 29, 2000, 14:23   #1
Captain_Dave
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Another bug...
Forgive me if somebody else has already mentioned it, but I haven't seen this bug reported yet.

Seems sometimes the game doesn't let us see the action if one of our units gets bombarded

This happened to me a few times before I figured out what was going on. During the AI's move I would hear some "fighting sounds", but not see any action on-screen. Finally I figured it out when I had a machine-gunner and cannon parked outside a enemy city for routine bombardment duty (I didn't want to take the city just yet, I already had 35 and would be penalized if I went over that in Democracy )

Anyway, I heard the boom, again not seeing anything (but my view was back on the home continent, not on the enemy city). Next turn I realized the M-gunner was gone

Reason dictates that if game action is happening, we should be able to see it! I wonder what happened all the other times I heard those noises!

Has anybody else noticed this?

Activision, when are we getting a patch?
Old November 29, 2000, 17:37   #2
Nemo
Prince

Local Time: 03:06
yeah, there is no auto center on bombardments - they didnt fix that since ctp i apparently

------------------
"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
-Michael Sinz
Old November 29, 2000, 21:32   #3
wysiwyg
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:06
I noticed the same problem when something gets pillaged. It shows up on the screen with the trumpets for about 1/2 a second before moving on!
Old November 30, 2000, 14:13   #4
Cyrius
Chieftain

THIS IS INFURIATING. It made CTP 1 unplayable, and it is making CTP 2 unplayable!!! WHY HAVEN'T THEY FIXED THIS!?!? ARRGGG!!!! What does it take to get some simple auto-centering!?!?! WHAT DOES IT TAKE?!!?

Ahem, sorry, but I'm really pissed about this.

Activision: PLEASE Auto-center when any act of warfare occurs. Including:

1. Bombarding (bombers, cannons, and ships)

2. Pillaging (of ANYTHING, ANYWHERE... I don't care if it centers on enemy pillaging enemy, thats FINE)

3. Unconventional Warfare (slaving, conversion, corporation)
[This message has been edited by Cyrius (edited November 30, 2000).]
Old December 2, 2000, 01:54   #5
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:06
That santa hat on your red frown is cute. LOL
Old December 2, 2000, 21:11   #6
DarkOrder
Chieftain

you do get a message. Check your message tab. Center on stealth units? That would make them less than stealthy. If you have units siting outside of a city, or another empire is unhappy with you, you should be ready for anything. I don't want the game to make it easier for me to play irresponcibly. Keep an eye on your troops, cities, diplomacy, trade routes and check you message tab. You are the ruler of an empire. It is not all milk and cookies.

Smooshies
Old December 2, 2000, 21:32   #7
marc420
Warlord

Well, the game SHOULD center on the action when a unit is being bombarded by the enemy. Same as any other attack.

I'm assuming my unit commander has at least enough sense to send of a message saying something like.

"INCOMING, OH MY GOD, INCOMIN...garble, gooble, garb, aargh"

I wouldn't say the same for stealth units. Although if I'm getting a message anyways, it might be nice for the game to highlight the fact by centering the screen on the city, playing its little animation and sound track. Since I'm getting a message its not like its secret.

The one I've been trying to figure out is that I'm hearing the "rioting in the streets" soundtrack, but can't tell what city generated it. It doesn't seem to be one of mine.

marc