Old December 4, 2000, 17:19   #1
Jerk
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
More Multiplayer Problems

I have played serveral games so far with 2-3 players over tcp/ip on my local network. Actually I should rephrase. I have started to play several games so far with 2-3 over tcp/ip on my local network.

EVERY game has ended prematurely due to crashes and constant resynches that don't really resynch. Numerous times the other players would conquer a city, go through a resynch, end up not having that city and the units they attacked with all in one turn. Eventually one player is never able to play because he crashes every turn or his game hangs while it is attempting to resynch. This has happened far before the 150 turn mark that others are reporting. We were unable to play the game any longer after ~50 turns although the resynch-every-damn-turn problem happens as early as turn 10.

All my roomates were looking forward to getting this game. The game isn't nearly as fun single player as it is multiplayer. PLEASE ensure the current multiplayer game is working correctly before adding PBEM. Those who like to take months and months to play their game can wait longer