Old December 8, 2000, 11:00   #1
marcuspeddle
Iron CiversCivilization IV PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Non-random music mystery solved!!!
After playing CTP2 for hours and hours and hearing the same song I thought I was going to go mad. I changed the settings in the game but it was still the same song! Then I checked out the forum here looking for help. There was nothing different than what I had done myself so I decided to click 'select track' under the options to see what I had been missing. It turns out I had been listening to 9 different songs but they all sound the same! What I thought was one long song is actually 9 different tunes that have the same atmosphere and feeling. The only song I hadn't heard in a game was number 10 (which is a really spooky piece of music). I feel a little stupid for not realising there were different tunes (too caught up in gameplay, perhaps) but I sure would appreciate some different music. Can I put in some mp3s? Come to think of it, Civ2 wasn't so good in the music department, either. Maybe I'm just picky.

------------------
If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys.
- - - Orson Welles
Old December 8, 2000, 11:20   #2
MarkG

quote:

Can I put in some mp3s?

yes, you can turn off the music and have winamp playing in the background whatever you like...

i think the other sounds from the game(for battles, units "voices", etc) will continue to play just fine

Old December 8, 2000, 18:03   #3
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 05:09
quote:

Originally posted by MarkG on 12-08-2000 10:20 AM
i think the other sounds from the game(for battles, units "voices", etc) will continue to play just fine

i tried that, i couldn't hear battles and stuff. it might just be me

[This message has been edited by Sabre2th (edited December 11, 2000).]
Old December 8, 2000, 20:23   #4
marcuspeddle
Iron CiversCivilization IV PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
Ah, well, my stereo is within arm's reach when I'm using my computer so maybe I'll just keep a few appropriate CDs on hand when I'm playing. Metallica or Tchaikovski for war time, some light classics for peace time, and maybe I should buy a James Bond soundtrack since I've recently gotten some spies
Old December 9, 2000, 02:19   #5
aebbeka
Civilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEM
King

Local Time: 03:09
I agree. The Call to Power 2 music isn't very good. Usually the music that comes with games are really good. (like Caesar 3, I loved those songs!)