Old December 21, 1999, 07:20   #1
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 23:26
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Could this be news?
Hi guys,
  • Merry Saturnalia - or whatever festival you celebrate;
  • Thank you all for the incredible amount of insight you have provided in these pages. Civ has never been quite as much fun as it is now.
  • Just completed my first OCC (using Sten's four whale start) - made a zillion mistakes - this is just a tad of a change from Fundy ICS - but launched in 1914 and landed in 1927
  • The just possibly new bit - since you can change from Wonder to SS Module without cost - start building a Wonder (I had the GW available) slip in 5 freights = 250 shields and convert back to SSModule and your 80 shield production completes it next turn.
    Terribly sorry if this is old hat, but Paul's wonderful manual (which I left in the office and therefore could not consult) only mentions disbanding and so I thought - "just possibly new".
Thank you all and have a Great Solstice

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
Old December 22, 1999, 01:26   #2
Aurelius
Prince

Happy Solstice Gits,

I've used your strategy of switching from Appollo to space parts in the Continental Challenge many times. (imagine ten or fifty cities building appollo and just waiting for one city to complete the wonder so they can get a jump on the space in the space race.)

But in the OCC, I think Paul just rushbuys everything judging buy his manual and record scores. So he uses the Caravans (250 shield) and buys it in one turn. I suspect he has Superconductor already researched and is developing Fusion power so no need to use a wonder.

I'm just guessing of course :-)

I love playing OCC. A whole new challenge! I just lost a game and won a game since my first win. OCC is good for the working boy--done in a day.

Oh, wish I could find three whales! Four must be sweet, I think I'll try that game. What year does the city commence?

Thanks Aurelius.

Old December 23, 1999, 22:08   #3
Aurelius
Prince

Whoa!

I think I get it now

I guess it isn't old hat for all of us. I've been disbanding frieght in all my games until today. Man, So I did what you said, when the modules were due and I had seti available, I built the wonder with the caravans instead of disbanding. Then I switched to modules. I think I get alot more for the caravan.

Excellent! Sorry I'm so slow in the head.

Thanks Gits (too bad I only realized it after all the components were built!)

Settler Aurelius!
Old December 24, 1999, 00:19   #4
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Local Time: 18:26
Thanks, Scouse Gits, never knew that one. It has been awhile since I built ss. Never seem to get there in mp.

RAH