Old December 12, 2000, 15:22   #1
Prince_Vegeta
Settler

Local Time: 09:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cruise Missiles
Has anyone had much success using cruise missiles? IMO, they are more a waste of prod rather than providing any real tactical advantage. I've experimented with them by loading up some nuke subs with them, then launching a multiple missile strike against troop concentrations to soften them up for a follow on ground assault. The problem is that cruise missiles don't seem to do much in the way of damage. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Old December 12, 2000, 15:37   #2
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 05:10
quote:

Originally posted by Prince_Vegeta on 12-12-2000 02:22 PM
Has anyone had much success using cruise missiles? IMO, they are more a waste of prod rather than providing any real tactical advantage. I've experimented with them by loading up some nuke subs with them, then launching a multiple missile strike against troop concentrations to soften them up for a follow on ground assault. The problem is that cruise missiles don't seem to do much in the way of damage. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I've noticed the same thing, i wasted a bunch, but they didn't really help at all.
Old December 12, 2000, 15:46   #3
Martock
Warlord

Local Time: 04:10
i noticed the same thing and then decided to change that. i forget exactly what it was that i tweaked in the units.txt file but now my cruise missiles are far more effective. it still takes a bunch to whack a well defended and fortified city, but against individual units and ships it does do quite nicely. just leaving CTP2 as is and they are not even worth building.
Old December 12, 2000, 17:56   #4
Dominous Nemo
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:10
Same problem. I dropped a cruise missile on a marine and he escaped with 50% health. Whats the deal with that?